PDA

View Full Version : Ice Lollies

bexi
Apr 26th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Summer is just round the corner and the sun is shining & I was wondering if anyone knew which ice-lollies that I can get in a typical ice cream van (UK) are vegan? Thanks :)

Risker
Apr 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Calypso - http://www.calypso.co.uk/other-detail.php

Orange maid are probably ok too.

bexi
May 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM
Cheers risker. I also heard fruit pastille lollies are okay. I think the ingredients look alright... apart from maybe the natural flavourings?

Water, Fruit Juice From Concentrate (25%) (Orange, Pineapple, Lemon, Blackcurrant, Raspberry), Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Citric Acid, Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Sodium Alginate, Carrageenan), Natural Flavourings, Beetroot Juice Concentrate, Dextrose, Colours (Curcumin, Copper Complexes of Chlorophyllins, Annatto).

BlackCats
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
I just got my Sainsbury's delivery and I got their fruit flavoured lollies marked as vegan. I also ordered the Del Monte orange lollies as it said that they only contained fruit juice but I read the packet and it said they contain milk protein! Annoying.:pissed_ani:

I also got the vanilla and the Neopolitan Swedish Glace so that will make up for it.:satisfied:

I ordered some Calypso ones too but I have to double check the ingredients, my husband will eat them if I don't anyway.

Mr Flibble
Jul 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Just doing my bit for the boycott crowd (feel free to ignore me): Calippo is a unilever brand.

BlackCats
Jul 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
^ You have to ruin our fun don't you.;)