PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Madeleine017
Apr 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Hi! I'm new to veganism. I've always been vegetarian(since the age of 9) but have only just made the decision to be a complete vegan. :D! I'm enjoying it alot so far and the thought of eating dairy now makes me feel a bit nauseated. Anyway I was wondering if anyone from Australia can help me out in the vegan food sold in woolies and coles and stuff, I dont have a health food store near where I live and I get all of my veggies and fruit from a local organic produce, I want to try almond milk but I'm not sure if they even sell it at supermarkets, atleast when I have looked all I can see his dairy milk and soy milk.

Buddha Belly
May 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Kitteh
May 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Where in Australia are you, Medeleine?

There are lots of vegan products in Woolies and Coles, head straight for the healthy aisle!

I haven't seen almond milk but they do stock soy, rice and oat milks. I prefer Vitasoy Rice Milk.

There are lots of vegan products by Orgran, nut butters, crackers, chips, sweet biscuits, Woolworths do a dark chocolate spread under their "Select" brand.

Check out VNV! (http://www.vnv.org.au/site//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=68&Itemid=76)

XxsarahxX
May 2nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
yup coles and wollies health food isle are full of goodies.
good luck