PDA

View Full Version : tofu?

genisis
May 1st, 2009, 08:46 AM
hi everone:D i dont know if im just looking in all the wrong places or not but im having trouble finding silken tofu,i cant seem to buy it from anywhere.all i come across is cauldrons firm tofu.i live in sheffield and was wondering if anyone one here who lives in sheffield knows where i can buy some from.i would really appreciate it,thanx.:)

Buddha Belly
May 1st, 2009, 12:17 PM
It's not kept in a chiller with the firm stuff but in the section where dried beans and pulses usually are or sometimes the chinese cooking section. The main ones sold in supermarkets are blue dragon.
Or try

Tai Sun
17 - 19,
Matilda Street
Sheffield

Failing all of that try Holland and Barret, some of them sell tofu. It depends on how big the shop is.

jimmeh
May 1st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Other than health food shops, the only place I've seen silken tofu is in Sainsburys, at a very reasonable 99p per pack

1gentlemaorispirit
May 1st, 2009, 04:53 PM
Sainsbury's and some Tesco stores. Do you have a Chinese/Japanese supermarket near you? if not Wing yip stores do mail order for many foods and sauces.

treaclemine
May 1st, 2009, 05:12 PM
Our local independent wholefood shop can order silken tofu for me, even if they're out of stock that week.

genisis
May 3rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
thanx everyone I will look in all places suggested,

henryfoole
May 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.japancentre.com/ - sell many types of tofu and delivered to your door.

They also sell freeze dried Tofu which was new to me.