PDA

View Full Version : Festivals!

Pages : [1] 2

puca
May 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
What festivals are you planning to go to/have you been to?

Job depending (if I'm in training, I probably can't go) I'll be at Glasto this year....

I'm also aiming for Waveform (a sustainable psytrance festival)!

Never done a festival before. :o

Anybody else looking forward to festivals this summer?

Stu
May 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I normally go to Glasto, and sometimes V, Reading, Leeds and some smaller ones. Nothing this year though! Or last year... I'm getting old.

beanstew
May 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I'm going to WOMAD and Cropredy.

Zorillo
May 8th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'd like to go to some festivals, but would prefer company to being on my own. No heavy metal ones. Rock music, cool. I've ended up being out on my own a lot to places. Shopping is cool on my own, but bowling, gigs, etc not so good

Tank-Girl
May 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
This year im going to ATP curated by The Breeders. Its not really a fesival as such as theres no camping. Its at Butlins in minehead haha. But still.
Then ive got Glastonbury starting from the 8th through til the actual festival as i do pole painting there then get my ticket free. Thankfully i got 3 weeks off work or i wouldnt be able to go.
I went to WOMAD a couple of years back and that was beautiful.
And Leeds before that, but i'd never goto Leeds/Reading again. I cant stand the environment anymore. Its far too hostile and ignorant.

beanstew
May 8th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I went to WOMAD a couple of years back and that was beautiful.

I've been to WOMAD twice. Once a good few years back when it was still in Reading and last year at the new site near Malmesbury (the weather was glorious :thumbsup:). Both were fab and I'm really looking forward to this year's.

jimmeh
May 8th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Bloodstock

peanutbutternutter
May 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
i went to waveform last year and was amazing, you will have a wicked time. im going to the isle of white festival to see neil young and the pixies! cant wait

beanstew
May 9th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I'm seeing Neil Young at Hard Rock calling in Hyde Park. And Bruce Springsteen and The Pretenders! It's going to be awesome.

I would love to see The Pixies at some point.

Stu
May 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I'm going to WOMAD and Cropredy.

I've always wanted to go to both of these, but never made it for some reason.

Stu
May 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I'd like to go to some festivals, but would prefer company to being on my own. No heavy metal ones. Rock music, cool. I've ended up being out on my own a lot to places. Shopping is cool on my own, but bowling, gigs, etc not so good

I love going to gigs on my own! Dunno why; I'm just weird like that.

beanstew
May 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I've always wanted to go to both of these, but never made it for some reason.

They are both really great festivals. A good selection of music and friendly relaxed atmospheres. Cropredy only has one stage so you don't get any "two bands you want to see playing at opposite ends of the site" dilemmas.

beanstew
May 9th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I love going to gigs on my own! Dunno why; I'm just weird like that.

I go to loads of gigs and festivals on my own too but normally end up talking to someone random.

RebeccaDye
May 10th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I'm going to my first festival this year! It's 'One Love', a small reggae festival.
I'd love to go to WOMAD too.

Zorillo
May 10th, 2009, 03:03 PM
When I've been on my own, I've ended up with males talking to me on the street and they are proabbly always foreign!

Zorillo
May 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.3wishesfaeryfest.co.uk/index.htm Different!

Stu
May 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM
When I've been on my own, I've ended up with males talking to me on the street and they are proabbly always foreign!

Fair enough. But I'm a bit confused about what their nationality has got to do with it.

Zorillo
May 11th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I guess I just wanted to say. I don't know why they are asian or whatever. I've never asked why they started chatting. Maybe they like white women. Maybe they are after visas. Maybe they are more confident than white men starting to chat to women. Maybe muslims have less access to asian women because of religion, so try it on with white women. I had someone who kept trying recently. From Greece I guess. I guess he wouldn't take no for an answer.

puca
May 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
OMG

Have been asked to help out at the Big Green Gathering!

Greenies, hot hippies, music and tents....

*swoon*

fatvegan
May 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Download & 2000 Trees for me this year

Destiny
Jun 5th, 2009, 12:01 AM
OMG

Have been asked to help out at the Big Green Gathering!

Greenies, hot hippies, music and tents....

*swoon*

Thats great, I work at The Big Green as part of the organisation and its a fantasic festi with a large variety of stuff going on, I will be supervising in the box office so if you around give me a shout, just ask for destiny di !! :thumbsup:

Destiny
Jun 5th, 2009, 12:05 AM
First off, Glasto then the Big Green then a local one near Hereford called Nozstock !! Check it !! Its awsome for a small festi.

Some more local ones, The Big Chill and hopefully London Vegan fest !! :D

Destiny
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
I normally go to Glasto, and sometimes V, Reading, Leeds and some smaller ones. Nothing this year though! Or last year... I'm getting old.

I say " Crap " to that !! I am older than u and i just arrived at Glasto yesterday as i work here !! :D

Looks like it's gunna be a gud un !! :thumbsup:

Mr Flibble
Jun 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
I used to do lots of festivals and free parties between '99 and '04.

Alas I'm *far* too old now for that kind of thing.

Destiny
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
I used to do lots of festivals and free parties between '99 and '04.

Alas I'm *far* too old now for that kind of thing.

What :eek: at the age of 28 ??