PDA

View Full Version : Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Kitteh
May 5th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I did good today. Eat healthy and did the spin class. However, after I was done with spin I felt so sick! Maybe because it was warm but the room was air conditioned. I'll blame it on dehydration as always!

I've had that feeling before and I think it was due to lack of water :(

I am kicking butt! I've stuck to my diet over a week, been working out regularly and lost 2 pounds. Just a few more weeks of this and I should be back on tract.

That is fantastic!! Go DiaShel! :D Send some of your enthusiasm my way :p

DiaShel
May 6th, 2009, 02:01 AM
That is fantastic!! Go DiaShel! :D Send some of your enthusiasm my way :p

YEAH Kitteh!! You can do it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Tigerlily
May 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Sorry if you've already mentioned this DiaShel, but what is the diet you are following?

DiaShel
May 6th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Basically I'm eating about 1500 calories a day, mostly fruit. This is want I eat typically:
Smoothie, very big fruit salad, luna bar, apple with almond butter, banana and kiwi. So 5 mini-meals I guess you could say. Trying to work out 5Xs a week.
I weighed myself again today and lost another 2 pounds (since Monday?)! Probably too quick but I'm just so excited it's finally working! Half way there!

Daffodil
May 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I'm proud of myself too. going to the gym 3 times a week without fail. doing 1 hr cardio and about 30 mins on weights. i've lost 4lbs and i've got one of those scales that gives you other measurements and it says i've lost 2lbs body fat and my mucle mass has gone up 1.5lbs too. so i've lost fat and replaced it with muscle which apparently is heavier than fat so i may have really lost more than 4lbs.
i've also measured my hips and lost 1.25inches!! since april 13th I am SOOOO pleased. hope i can stay motivated :D

Well done everyone...keep it up! :thumbsup:

Kitteh
May 7th, 2009, 03:32 AM
YEAH Kitteh!! You can do it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

:thumbsup: I did 35 mins on the bike this morning, better than nothing!!!!!

And go you on releasing a few more lbs! :D

DiaShel
May 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Excellent Kitteh!

I did my last spinnnig class yesterday. It was very sad. Those body wise classes were a such a big part of my life for 3 years and now they for my semester and it's my last one... guess I'm stuck with working out solo, boo!

BlackCats
May 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Everyone is doing really well.:thumbsup:

I was just in a pissed off mood so I did 45 minutes on my trampoline and it made me feel much better, it got rid of a lot of negative energy.:)

I also ordered some Hoodia today. It is supposed to prevent food cravings and curbs your appetite (apparently!) I thought it was worth a try anyway. :D Has anyone else tried it?

cobweb
May 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
i tried it but didn't get on with it, but i seem to have weird side effects with just about everything so i'm sure you'll be ok, BC. Hope it does the trick for you :thumbsup:.

I just can't stop eating today. I keep craving tofu and broccoli, maybe i am low in calcium or something :confused:. Anyway, i've had a load of it today, plus a ton of other stuff including mountains of bread. If i eat less i get more anxious and feel weird so sometimes i just have to eat, eat, eat!!! :o

Kitteh
May 8th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Excellent Kitteh!

I did my last spinnnig class yesterday. It was very sad. Those body wise classes were a such a big part of my life for 3 years and now they for my semester and it's my last one... guess I'm stuck with working out solo, boo!

Why can't you do the spin classes anymore, are they no longer offering them? And I did 45 mins on the bike this morning.

DiaShel
May 8th, 2009, 04:49 AM
^ They are done for the semester, they start again in June but I'll be gone. :(

Kitteh
May 8th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Ooh that's a shame :( Can you find a gym that offers a similar class? I hope you find something else!

BlackCats
May 8th, 2009, 08:57 AM
i tried it but didn't get on with it, but i seem to have weird side effects with just about everything so i'm sure you'll be ok, BC. Hope it does the trick for you :thumbsup:.

I always have side effects to things too.:rollseyes_ani: Did the tablets make you feel sick or dizzy or something?

DiaShel
May 8th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Ooh that's a shame :( Can you find a gym that offers a similar class? I hope you find something else!

I don't want to pay :p I think I'm going to be doing a half marathon so that should keep me busy and is free. I just find running kind of boring. :no_expression:

cobweb
May 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I always have side effects to things too.:rollseyes_ani: Did the tablets make you feel sick or dizzy or something?

a bit sick - but some people say it elevates mood and is a bit of an aphrodisiac so give it a try, BC! :thumbsup:;)

DiaShel
May 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Be careful BC! I just don't trust stuff like that...

Kitteh
May 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I don't want to pay :p I think I'm going to be doing a half marathon so that should keep me busy and is free. I just find running kind of boring. :no_expression:

Well that sounds good, I agree, walking/running can be boring. Maybe change up the location or listen to music you like?

BlackCats
May 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Good luck on the half marathon DiaShel, that's brilliant. :) Are you going to try and raise money for a charity?

I have just taken the first tablet of hoodia, I will watch out for any side effects.;)

cobweb
May 9th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Good luck on the half marathon DiaShel, that's brilliant. :) Are you going to try and raise money for a charity?

I have just taken the first tablet of hoodia, I will watch out for any side effects.;)

i am guessing that your husband will be quite happy if it does turn to out to have aphrodisiac qualities :cool:

Daffodil
May 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM

Me too. Gonna do the 5k race for life in July, then hoping to do the half marathon in october...but i don't think i'll be fit enough by then so may have to do it next year instead. see how it goes. Training 3 times a week on the treadmill in the gym.

cobweb
May 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
i was a bit gutted today as i did my wii fit test and it told me i had put on 2lbs since last week (s**t!!)

SnowyWhite
May 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Now the exams are over I can finally start exercising again! I'm going to try to post on here whenever I exercise to keep a sort of 'exercise journal' to track what I'm doing.

Today I did 40mins on my stepper with 0.5kg dumbells, then 10 mins arm exercises with 1kg dumbells, then some sit ups.

I feel so good now :D

missbettie
May 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
i did Yoga this morning :D

SnowyWhite
May 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
I went over to the gym today and when I got there realised I'd left my student card at home so I couldnt get in! :o Silly me haha!

So I came home and did 45 mins on my stepper and some sit ups. Not as good a work out as going to the gym, but at least I got to watch TV while doing it :p

BlackCats
May 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
^ Well done SnowyWhite and everyone else.:)

I have been really lazy lately so I did 25 minutes on my trampoline this morning and then I did a walk for about an hour and a half. I was tired afterwards!:o:D