PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Blueberries
Nov 1st, 2011, 10:07 PM
Blueberries, I am jealous
That sounds delish! Do you have the recipe for your porridge and your green smoothie?

Wow, VA, I'm flattered!
Afraid I don't have a recipe for the porridge as it's an instant porridge made by a British company that is 'accidentally vegan'. However, I do make my own smoothies! My favourite green smoothie is kale, frozen banana, multi-vitamin juice and a spoonful of nut butter :lol:

Today:

Brekkie: Toast w/sunflower spread and a banana
Lunch: Alpro vanilla pot w/kiwi, pear and hemp seeds. Two veggie meat sandwiches on home-made half-wholemeal burger buns w/houmous
Snack: Two slices of brack, a small bag of popcorn
Dinner: Pasta w/beans, greens, nori and carrot dressed w/lemon juice, salt & vinegar

Drinks: Coffee w/vanilla milk, water

VeganAthlete
Nov 1st, 2011, 10:16 PM
Thank you for the recipe, blueberries! Do you add any species or stevia? (I ask even though I doubt kale with stevia would taste well)!
The porridge sounds yummy!!! Something perfect for the harvest/winter season. Too bad I am not in Britain :P

And once again your meals sounds YUMMY :thumbsup:

Troutina
Nov 1st, 2011, 10:30 PM
Breakfast: Strawberry and dried fruit oats
Snack: Gingerbread muffin
Lunch: Two mini pittas stuffed with grated carrot, houmous and gherkin
Snack: Apple, few pieces of baked squash
Dinner: Pizza with vegan cheese, sour cream, chorizo, smoked sausage, marinated peppers and red onion.

amethyst
Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
Brunch--green beans w/ onions, soy bacon bits, and a little soy sauce + baked russet potato w/ Earth Balance, salt and pepper
Dinner-2 baked sweet potatoes w/ Earth Balance, salt and pepper + Mexican salad w/ salsa, black olives, and corn kernels
Snacks--Halloween candy on the PETA list...now and laters, airheads, and swedish fish (I sure hope these are still vegan, cuz I ate a LOT of them!)

VeganAthlete
Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:45 AM
Snacks--Halloween candy on the PETA list...now and laters, airheads, and swedish fish (I sure hope these are still vegan, cuz I ate a LOT of them!)

Amethyst! I hear you! I ate so much candy yesterday. I had a massive headache today after the sugar rush wore off. I only had dots and cherry slices from whole foods. I sort of cheated because I didn't actually go trick or treating, but I did buy my own candy to treat myself :D Gotta love Halloween!

What I ate today:

Breakfast: 1/4 cup 6-grain hot cereal, 1/2 Granny Smith Apple (small), 1/4 cooked organic pearled barley, cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia.
Lunch: Spicy Roasted Tofu & Peppers, 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1/4 cup organic pearled garlic, siracha sauce, cayenne pepper, black pepper.
Dessert: Single Serve Homemade Skinny Brownie
Snack: 1/4 cup cold organic pearled barley
Dinner: 3 poblano peppers, TVP & tomato (chile relleno with FYH jalapeno gourmet). 2 slices of polenta & single serving homemade skinny pumpkin cupcake with chocolate soy milk.
Drinks: Antioxidant Crystal Light & LOTS of coffee!

fondducoeur
Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Yesterday:
key lime pie larabar
amy's teriyaki wrap
1 apple
2 T dark choc. pb
leftover french onion soup
slice of sourdough bread dipped in veg caesar dressing

Firestorm
Nov 2nd, 2011, 09:00 PM
Breakfast: Chocolate orange overnight oats, pear
Lunch: French bread with Shiitake pate, salad, granola and an apple
Dinner: Cholent, baked potato, veg
Snacks: salt and vinegar crisps, morning coffee biscuits, love hearts
Drinks: Water, coffee, soya latte, ribena, tea

Blueberries
Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you for the recipe, blueberries! Do you add any species or stevia? (I ask even though I doubt kale with stevia would taste well)!
The porridge sounds yummy!!! Something perfect for the harvest/winter season. Too bad I am not in Britain :P

I've never tried stevia before I'm afraid, I've heard of it but I'd say to get it here would be expensive. I saw it for sale in loads of organic shops when I lived in Spain, it must be more popular there than here.
And I don't live in Britain, I'm just close enough to get some of their nice things ;)

VeganAthlete
Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:24 PM
I've never tried stevia before I'm afraid, I've heard of it but I'd say to get it here would be expensive. I saw it for sale in loads of organic shops when I lived in Spain, it must be more popular there than here.
And I don't live in Britain, I'm just close enough to get some of their nice things ;)

It's a pretty good sweetener....you can add it to coffee, lemonade, pastries, fruit and pretty much anything! There is no yucky aftertaste as there is with Sweet & Low or the other sweeteners. Plus the other sweeteners may or may not be veg. Stevia is a natural leaf sweetener. It is expensive even here. I think Stevia is probably the most expensive grocery item i purchase. Everything is about a buck or two with the exception of the Stevia.

All I have to say is that your breakfasts are off the roof...they sound so yummy!!! I could probably buy the ingredients in bulk and add yummy toppings. Green apples give porridge a yummy taste, but it can get boring. I try to get most of my carbs early in the day so oatmeal or other whole grains is a must!

fondducoeur
Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:13 AM
double espresso w/soy milk
white choc. macadamia nut luna bar
leftover French onion soup
baked chips
1 apple
chili lime tofu w/collard greens over quinoa (vegan yum yum)

VeganAthlete
Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:46 AM
Breakfast: 1/3 cup Organic Pearl Barley, 1/3 cup 6-grain hot cereal, 1 granny smith medium apple, 3 tsp pumpkin puree, 1 tsp protein powder...& coffee.
Lunch: 1 boca vegan original patty, 2 loaves of 100 cal polenta cornbread, 1/4 cup organic pearled barley
Dinner: 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas with chili, cayenne, siracha & 1/3 cup organic pearled barley. Baked/roasted tofu with red pepper, green bell pepper & sliced portobellos on chili, lime & terayaki.
Snack: 2 single-serving brownies (100 cals), 1 cup light choc soy milk (silk). Carob chips (1 serv)
Drinks: 5 bottles of water, 10 cups of coffee, 1 cup green tea

wakenings
Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
10 cups of coffee!! wowzers!

Eggplant Curry
Strawberry's
Toast
Puffed Rice w/ flaxseed
Black bean burgers (soon) :)

VeganAthlete
Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I know...that's quite a bit of coffee. I am so sleepy in the morning that i don't even realize how much I am consuming. But my coffee machine makes 10-12 coffee cups a day (depending on how much water I put) so I measure how much I drank at the end of the day. Scary. I've been feeling a little lazy and meh now that the cold weather sunk in!

Firestorm
Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Breakfast: Homemade chocolate banana bread with Vitalite, 2 pears
Lunch: Baked potato with Shiitake mushroom pate, salad, apple, apple prings
Dinner: Brown rice, peppers, Chikin Cacciatore, Bacon Rasher crisps
Snacks: Pear, booja booja raspberry truffle
Drinks: Water, coffee, tea, vanilla soya milk latte, red wine

amethyst
Nov 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Amethyst! I hear you! I ate so much candy yesterday. I had a massive headache today after the sugar rush wore off. I only had dots and cherry slices from whole foods. I sort of cheated because I didn't actually go trick or treating, but I did buy my own candy to treat myself :D Gotta love Halloween!

VA---Yes! I was hungover the next day from the sugar high, too. I said in passing that I felt hungover, but that all I had to drink the night before was tea. One of my sons asked me if it was LONG ISLAND iced tea, with a naughty grin. I WISH! LOL (If this drink is not popular out of the US, it's a mixed drink with 5 types of liquor plus some cola, making it look like an iced tea. Packs a much bigger punch than tea though. You have to be careful not to sneeze the next day, for fear that your head will fall off. LOL :dizzy: )

And as for the 10 cups of coffee? I also drink 8-10 cups a day. It's organic, full of antioxidants from the coffee beans, and a substitute for my former addiction to Diet Coke. I declare it healthier. That's my story,and I am stickin' to it!

Yesterday:

Brunch- green beans and baked potato
Dinner-bean burrito, Mexican salad, and 2 slices of homemade pumpkin pie (My hubby's choice every year for his birthday "cake")
Drinks-tea,coffee, water

VeganAthlete
Nov 4th, 2011, 05:23 AM
VA---Yes! I was hungover the next day from the sugar high, too. I said in passing that I felt hungover, but that all I had to drink the night before was tea. One of my sons asked me if it was LONG ISLAND iced tea, with a naughty grin. I WISH! LOL (If this drink is not popular out of the US, it's a mixed drink with 5 types of liquor plus some cola, making it look like an iced tea. Packs a much bigger punch than tea though. You have to be careful not to sneeze the next day, for fear that your head will fall off. LOL )

And as for the 10 cups of coffee? I also drink 8-10 cups a day. It's organic, full of antioxidants from the coffee beans, and a substitute for my former addiction to Diet Coke. I declare it healthier. That's my story,and I am stickin' to it!

The sugar rush seriously threw me off for a few days. I've been feeling sluggish and lazy. I decided to go for a long run today and I guess I expelled some of the extra energy I had accumulated. I ran at a steady 7.5 till I finished 5 miles then I decided to do some weights. The cold weather isn't helping any....just makes us vegans feel cozy and crave comfort foods....blueberry muffins & compote! Yummm. Pumpkin pie :D

Oh gosh, I've tried Long Island Tea...it's wayyy too much for me. Plus drinking a glass of it is like eating 3 or 4 hefty vegan meals! It packs the calories & the sugars. I tried four horsemen as a shot and a purple gecko...DISGUSTING!

I really don't feel like I have a major problem with coffee. Yes, it might be an addiction, but it's much healthier than other drinks. Crystal Light teas and my organic fair trade coffee with a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon hits the spot in the morning. It is full of antioxidants and good components. Plus with school, work, housework, research, honor society, internship and practicum...I think I deserve some coffee! ;) I'm sticking to it too!

Do you make your own pumpkin pie? Yay! Another pumpkin pie lover!

Today's exciting meals:

Breakfast: homemade pumpkin pie (firm silken tofu lite, 100% pure organic packed pumpkin, 1/2 cup stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice). Pumpkin porridge: 1/4 cup cooked organic pearled barley, 1/4 cup cooked 6-grain oats, 1/4 cooked hard red winter wheat berries, 3 tbsp pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, organic vanilla extract.
Lunch: 1/4 cup edamame, boca vegan patty, 1 oz FYH gourmet jalapeno cheese, stir fry frozen veggies, 1/3 organic pearled barley (cooked). Added spices: siracha hot sauce, chili garlic, cayenne, lemon, apple cider, rice vinegar.
Snack: 4 cups of coffee & 1 homemade single serve skinny brownie (less than 100 cals with carob chips)
dinner: coffee & 3 tsp sugar free strawberry preserves.
Drinks: 10 cups of coffee & 4 glasses of crystal light, 1 cup organic black & green chai, 6 bottles of water.

wakenings
Nov 4th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I wasn't dissing any ones coffee habit btw:-) i used to drink that much b4 i switched to tea so yeah..
Having a fruit day so my meals are very boring to report today.

fondducoeur
Nov 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Yesterday:
2 T dark choc. pb
cherry pie larabar
portabello sandwich w/lettuce/tomato/onion on grilled sourdough
mixed fresh fruit
bit of leftover quinoa
salad (greens, baked tofu, sprouts, tomato, cucumbers, homemade Caesar dressing)
seasoned rice crackers

Firestorm
Nov 4th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Breakfast. ToastLunch. Baked potato with salad and pate, apple, peas, raw banana bread, bacon flavour crispsDinner. Veggie pot pie stew, French breadsnacks. Morning coffee biscuits, sweetsDrinks. Coffee, water, tea, pepsi

amethyst
Nov 4th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Oh gosh, I've tried Long Island Tea...it's wayyy too much for me.

I think I deserve some coffee! ;) I'm sticking to it too!

Do you make your own pumpkin pie? Yay! Another pumpkin pie lover!

Breakfast: homemade pumpkin pie (firm silken tofu lite, 100% pure organic packed pumpkin, 1/2 cup stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice).

VA--I am such a light-weight with any alcohol these days that a Long Island would probably have me sliding under the table. LOL I rarely drink, and if I do, it's a glass of red wine.

You DO deserve coffee! You have a heavy load of work and physical fitness. Do what you need to do to get through it. Plus, coffee is enjoyable. :)

Yes, I make my own pumpkin pie. I use Florida crystals, rather than the stevia. For some reason, I don't like stevia. It tastes all chemically to me, when most people disagree with that. I guess it's a problem with me alone. The rest sounds similar to your recipe ingredients. I am working on making a vegan pecan pie recipe for Thanksgiving. My old recipe calls for eggs and sugar, so I am experimenting with what to sub in that will taste and look right.

I wasn't dissing any ones coffee habit btw:-) i used to drink that much b4 i switched to tea so yeah..
Having a fruit day so my meals are very boring to report today.

wakenings--I didn't feel any dissing from you. :-) I just like to shout out to the world that organic coffee is full of antioxidants, just like tea and dark juices and dark/colorful fruit and veg. I try to have some of all of those things, although I don't drink juice often. It's the things we add into the coffee that can be unhealthy sometimes, not the coffee. :) There are some studies that show that coffee fights many of the female reproductive cancers, which run in my family, so I feel better knowing that my addiction for the last 40 years might be a good thing. :lol2:

Yesterday:

Brunch-large salad w/ radishes, carrots, cukes, and mixed greens + homemade dressing

Dinner-broccoli casserole, relish made w/ diced cukes, tomatoes, bell peppers & onions w/ italian dressing marinade (made in the morning to marinate all day), homemade whole wheat bread w/ homemade blackberry preserves (for 'dessert')

Drinks-coffee, green tea, chocolate yerba mate tea, water, sugar-free grape hawaiian punch

Numu
Nov 4th, 2011, 10:35 PM
breakfast: blueberry oatmeal
lunch: pho (Vietnamese rice noodle soup)
dinner: yellow curry with rice noodles
dessert: waffles

diy-girlie
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Brownie overload for me today. Feel sick now. I've not been eating well at all the past few days..

Firestorm
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Lunch: Quiche Lorraine burger in a garlic tortilla, 2 apples, 2 pears, pack of Nik Naks
Dinner: Amy's Veg Korma, Fry's chocolate cream, more chocolate
Snacks: Lollies, Jammie Dodgers
Drinks: Coffee, soya latte, tea, ribena

VeganAthlete
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Brownie overload for me today. Feel sick now. I've not been eating well at all the past few days..

I hope you're doing better ^_^ I had a cracker overload yesterday. SO bad. I ran it off this morning...but yikes. Brownies sound good. I make single serving ones....coz Ill totally eat all of them.

Yumm firestorm!

Today: 4 slices cheeseless vegan pizzas, 2 oatmeal cookies, 2 tbsp pumpkin puree, lots of tea & coffee.

diy-girlie
Nov 6th, 2011, 01:38 AM
I hope you're doing better ^_^ I had a cracker overload yesterday. SO bad. I ran it off this morning...but yikes. Brownies sound good. I make single serving ones....coz Ill totally eat all of them.

Yeah I made half the recipie and then froze some but then I found out that frozen brownies taste real good!