PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

fondducoeur
Sep 25th, 2010, 06:16 AM
You should. These were very tasty...they are tofutti cream cheese based cooked in muffin tins with a crust made from graham cracker crumbs and maple syrup. Delish.

Tigerlily
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Yum!

fondducoeur
Sep 27th, 2010, 02:25 AM
mini cheesecake with strawberry topping (vegan lunchbox around the world)
1/2 an avocado with salt, lime juice, and garlic powder
potato salad (vcon) over spinach leaves
spicy buffalo seitan bites (quick and easy vegan comfort food) and celery and carrots with blue cheeze dip (recipe posted by Rubyduby)
wild berry skittles

veganwitch
Nov 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Aw, my favorite thread has fizzled out???

two bowls of kashi triple berry crunch cereal w/ soymilk
2 clementines
faux fish fillets w/ tartar sauce
mashed potatoes
kale sauteed w/garlic and toasted sesame oil
mashed butternut squash
slice of cake (white cake w/ vanilla pudding filling, strawberries, and vanilla "buttercream" icing)
tea (numerous cups of decaf black and 1 cup tahitian vanilla hazelnut)

Back-Space
Dec 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I had some toast and some fruit :p Trying to get a little more fruit and vegetables in my diet. Oh, I also tried some organic green tea for the first time. Wasn't too bad actually :)

veganwitch
Dec 6th, 2010, 08:17 AM
cafix (coffee substitute)
1/2 grapefruit
blueberry bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
marinated portobello on ww bun
steamed broccoli and asparagus w/ sun-dried tomato dressing
few onion rings
eggplant parmesan
duplex sandwich creme cookies
lots and lots of decaf black tea

Back-Space
Dec 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
cafix (coffee substitute)
1/2 grapefruit
blueberry bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
marinated portobello on ww bun
steamed broccoli and asparagus w/ sun-dried tomato dressing
few onion rings
eggplant parmesan
duplex sandwich creme cookies
lots and lots of decaf black tea

Wow, where'd you get onion rings from? I miss deep fried onion rings so much...

Myself, I had a different brand of green tea today that also had mint leaves for flavouring :) Very good. Toast again, and some potato chips :p I have such a healthy diet.

twinkle
Dec 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Breakfast/elevenses - chocolate hazelnut brownie, a mince pie and 2 tangerines (or they may have been clementines...small and orangey, anyway).

Lunch - homemade wholemeal rolls with sauted mushrooms, sweetcorn and red peppers and smoked Scheese (the only flavour I like).

Afternoon snack - beanburger (was going to have it for lunch but the bread filled me up, so I took the burger back to work :))

Dinner so far - another mince pie. Am thinking of making a chickpea-flour and mushroom quiche, I have some fresh thyme that needs using as well and think that'll be a nice combo.

Coffee and water for drinks.

Kimberlily1983
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Ugh, I've got lots of school crap to deal with now and I've been procrastinating and in general avoiding take care of things and myself. Typical. So here are the things I've been eating, in my laziness and avoidance of preparing healthy meals, today:

I had chocolate cake with cold coconut milk poured on top (as "frosting", delicious) for breakfast. Yep, that's right.

For lunch I had some Mr. Noodles, cooked my way: I boil the noodles, drain them, then sprinkle on some of the flavor packet and mix it. That and a glass of cranberry grape 100% juice blend.

I fell asleep in the afternoon and did not snack on anything like I usually would.

For supper I ate half an avocado, some celery and hummus, and a pomegranate.

For my evening "snacks" I had chips with guacamole and salsa, some chocolate, a couple of cans of pop, and some fries with mushroom gravy and ketchup.

Ugh, not exactly a balanced diet! Though there are some healthy foods mixed in there, and sadly this is much better than some of the omnivores I know do.

veganwitch
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Wow, where'd you get onion rings from? I miss deep fried onion rings so much...

I got them out of my freezer....LOL. They are Ore-Ida brand. Hardly heatlhy but they are vegan. I seriously love deep-fried stuff, especially french fries and onion rings. They are one of my vices...LOL.

Today I had:

1/2 small watermelon
2 flax waffles
strawberry-banana soy yogurt
bowl of vegetable soup
roll with earth balance
tofurkey sandwich with vegenaise, stuffing, cranberry sauce
teas (black, eyebright, pomegranate-cherry green)

veganwitch
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I had chocolate cake with cold coconut milk poured on top (as "frosting", delicious) for breakfast. Yep, that's right.

Now THAT is a breakfast....YUM!!!

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Sounds like my type of day :) Except for the chocolate cake... Where do you get your hands on that stuff? You've got school tomorrow morning don't you? It's gotta be 3 or 4 in the morning over there. Better get that homework done :p

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I got them out of my freezer....LOL. They are Ore-Ida brand. Hardly heatlhy but they are vegan. I seriously love deep-fried stuff, especially french fries and onion rings. They are one of my vices...LOL.

Today I had:

1/2 small watermelon
2 flax waffles
strawberry-banana soy yogurt
bowl of vegetable soup
roll with earth balance
teas (black, eyebright, pomegranate-cherry green)

It looks like you've got quite the healthy diet :p A few fries and onion rings wouldn't hurt. I'm going to have to hit the grocery stores tomorrow and see if I can find those onion rings :D I miss those almost as much as I miss pizza.

Kimberlily1983
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:33 AM

Ooh, wish I had one of those now!

Sounds like my type of day Except for the chocolate cake... Where do you get your hands on that stuff?

I make it myself. :) Fairly simple recipe (takes maybe 5 mins., 10 tops to assemble), pop in the oven for 40 mins. or so, and tada.

You've got school tomorrow morning don't you? It's gotta be 3 or 4 in the morning over there. Better get that homework done

Haha, it's 2:30 on the dot, and yes I have class tomorrow afternoon (or rather this afternoon now), and I have a 5-8 page paper to pass in that I have not started, and I want to rework my manifesto a bit.

I'm the queen of procrastinating... Sigh. :rolleyes:

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Lol. 10 minutes?... I dunno... That seems like a lot of work for some cake :p 2:30? Planning on getting any sleep tonight? Maybe Veganwitch can help you write your paper :D

veganwitch
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I'm the queen of procrastinating... Sigh.

I am LMAO....I see that in the time I've been away from VF you've acquired my crown. I AM THE QUEEN OF PROCRASTINATING.....HAHAHA. Seriously, I did the same thing in college. It would be the night before a paper was due and I didn't have it started. Worse than that, a few times I hadn't even read the book yet....LOL.

veganwitch
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
It looks like you've got quite the healthy diet A few fries and onion rings wouldn't hurt. I'm going to have to hit the grocery stores tomorrow and see if I can find those onion rings I miss those almost as much as I miss pizza.

I'm replying in bits and pieces because I can't seem to find the multiple quote button....HAHA. It's great to see this thread active again!!!

Glad you think I eat pretty healthy. I'd stopped posting on this thread for a long time because I was eating like crap or barely eating at all. So this is an improvement. I hope you can find the onion rings!!! I love pizza too. I just make my own and use soy cheese....great, now I'm craving a pizza....LOL.

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Lol. I rocked college. I had assignments done a week after they were assigned :p And I got amazing grades. Not quite sure what the change was from highschool. I went from 55-65%, skipping several classes a week to finishing with a 4.06 GPA at college :p

Kimberlily1983
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Planning on getting any sleep tonight?

Um, it's looking like no. :D Maybe a couple of hours. Or a half hour. LOL.

It would be the night before a paper was due and I didn't have it started. Worse than that, a few times I hadn't even read the book yet....LOL.

Oh, yeah, I do this every time. Every time I mean not to, but I do it anyway.

Though I can't say I don't read the book - that part I'm good at staying on top of! :) I almost always have my readings done on time, or ahead of time... The papers, though, nooo, never.

veganwitch
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Maybe Veganwitch can help you write your paper

Well, Veganwitch would if she wasn't just as bad a procrastinator...HAHA. Plus, I've gotta get to bed here. I've been staying up till 3-4 am and it's wrecking havoc so I'm turning in early.

Kimberlily1983
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I've been staying up till 3-4 am and it's wrecking havoc so I'm turning in early.

I've been doing this lately, too. I always say my body operates on a 26 or so hour day: I find myself wanting to go to sleep about an hour or two later each night. So I find I can never keep on going to bed at a reasonable hour. Very annoying!

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Lol :p Suckers. It's not even midnight here :) Make sure you don't pass out during your presentation tomorrow Kimberlily :p It would be hard to argue that veganism is healthy.

Kimberlily1983
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Lol :p Suckers. It's not even midnight here :) Make sure you don't pass out during your presentation tomorrow Kimberlily :p

Meh, I can handle skipping sleep for a couple of nights... though I'm finding the older I get, the more this capacity seems to be fizzling out... Getting older sucks, haha.

But seriously, I should log out now, and stop watching old clips of The View on YouTube, haha, and get down to business! So I will talk to you guys tomorrow or later this week... or in another half hour when I decide I don't feel like working on my projects yet, haha. ;)

Okay, 'night, people! :D

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Meh, I can handle skipping sleep for a couple of nights... though I'm finding the older I get, the more this capacity seems to be fizzling out... Getting older sucks, haha.

But seriously, I should log out now, and stop watching old clips of The View on YouTube, haha, and get down to business! So I will talk to you guys tomorrow or later this week... or in another half hour when I decide I don't feel like working on my projects yet, haha. ;)

Okay, 'night, people! :D

Lol, then I suppose we should log off too :p If you've got no one to talk to, you'll focus on your homework :D Good luck tomorrow. Night
Night Veganwitch :p

Lars
Dec 7th, 2010, 07:27 AM
im glad i found this thread! I think i need to start keeping a food diary to see what foods i need to be eating, i need to be more balanced

i've had tofutti and tomato w/ salt n pepper on Vitawheats, a can of pumpkin minestrone, two avacado/tomato/salt/papper on brown bread, and probably tempura veggies for dinner