PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 05:26 PM
im glad i found this thread! I think i need to start keeping a food diary to see what foods i need to be eating, i need to be more balanced

i've had tofutti and tomato w/ salt n pepper on Vitawheats, a can of pumpkin minestrone, two avacado/tomato/salt/papper on brown bread, and probably tempura veggies for dinner

I need to try an avocado :p I keep reading how healthy they are for you, but they just look so unappealing... I might pick one up today when I go out. Gotta get some more bread, some apples, and I need to see if we've got any vegan onion rings :D

RubyDuby
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:30 PM
lots of coffee
pecans
orange juice
2 black burgers mixed into a salad with romaine, broccoli florets, blk olives and pickles.
toast with almond butter
baked tofu and fries

twinkle
Dec 7th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I need to try an avocado :p I keep reading how healthy they are for you, but they just look so unappealing... I might pick one up today when I go out. Gotta get some more bread, some apples, and I need to see if we've got any vegan onion rings :D

I really like half a ripe avocado smushed up with a spoonful of wine vinegar and salt and black pepper on fresh wholemeal bread. Guacamole is good too, if you can find or make a vegan version (should be vegan anyway but a lot of shops round here put cream in for some reason).

Gwydion
Dec 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Avo's are the dogs danglies! Excuse the expression. In a fresh or toasted sarnie = truly magical.

Coffee
Pear and Apple with cashew butter and other random toppings
Crisps
Rooibos tea
Millet porridge (soya milk) with clementine/tangerine (I also struggle to tell the difference;)), mixed nuts, coconut, chocolate ginger pieces and agave.
Possibly the biggest mug of hot chocolate known to man (+ Espresso chocolate) - is a 'day off' :rolleyes:
Tea + 2 x hobnobs
Dinner will be some sort of rice noodle + tofu and veg soup (at least that is what it looks like - taken out the freezer, poor memory)
Water when needed

Back-Space
Dec 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Can you just eat them the way they are, or do they need to be prepped? I'm a bit of a picky eater so I don't eat much :p Maybe if I could make a dip for my potato chips... :rolleyes:

felix_amborosa
Dec 7th, 2010, 09:58 PM

Avocado and vegemite on toast is delicious...nom nom nom. Or using mashed up avo as a spread on salad sandwiches/wraps with plenty of beans

twinkle
Dec 7th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Can you just eat them the way they are, or do they need to be prepped? I'm a bit of a picky eater so I don't eat much :p Maybe if I could make a dip for my potato chips... :rolleyes:

If you get a good one they're passable as is, but they're kind of bland. They're more of a texture food, though the flavour can be really good with other things.

Back-Space
Dec 8th, 2010, 01:11 AM
I'll have to pick one up then :p I walked all the way to the grocery store today but decided on some grapes and apples instead. And I looked for onion rings but couldn't find any :( I'll have to go to the other one tomorrow and see what they have.

veganwitch
Dec 8th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hi RubyDuby!!!:)

Mmmm, I love avocados and guacamole makes a great dip for potato chips!

Today:

pumpernickel bagel with tofutti cream cheese
2 clementines (clementines don't have seeds, but tangerines do)
cucumber slices with red pepper hummus
brown basmati rice
2 mini spring rolls w/ sauce
stir fry (faux beef, green beans, carrots, mushrooms, scallions, tomatoes, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, brown rice vinegar)
couple of duplex creme cookies
few potato chips w/ hummus
teas (black decaf, eyebright, winter spice)

MoonDance
Dec 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM
^ OMG!! VEGANWITCH!! HIIIII!!! *waves*

Avocados are the BOMB might I add :satisfied:

Today:

apple, handful of grapes, handful of almonds and sunflower kernels
biscuits/crackers w/ avocado :D
rice w/ lentil veggie sauce thing that's like bolognese sauce but vegan obviously, w/ tofu
apricot
toast with veg marg
chocolate!!
pasta w/ cheezly w/ mushrooms and tomatoes
banana
lots and lots of water (2 litres)

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hi VW :D

(I'd also like to express my love of avocados!)

green tea
lentil soup
garlic toast
espresso w almond syrup
salad with broccoli, carrots and hummus
grilled cheese and tomato
French onion soup

TXvegan
Dec 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Avocado lovers unite! My 2 year old thinks it's the best food ever.

Breakfast today was a Lara bar, Cherry Pie, and a cafe au soy. I am so happy that Costco sells them in a multi-pack.

Lunch is a treat, as I normally eat at my desk, but today's special is loaded vegan chili dogs at the vegetarian restaurant in town, so I've convinced a colleague to go.

Dinner will be stewed aubergine, tomatoes, and onions over brown rice.

veganwitch
Dec 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Hiya Moondance !!!

French onion soup

Did you make that yourself?? That was one of my favorite soups...Mmmm!

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
yes, homemade. I can't stand canned soups anymore for some reason :( and it's hard to find vegan restaurant soups around here.
It's my bf's favorite so now that soup weather is here I have a feeling we'll be eating it a lot!

veganwitch
Dec 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM
yes, homemade. I can't stand canned soups anymore for some reason and it's hard to find vegan restaurant soups around here.
It's my bf's favorite so now that soup weather is here I have a feeling we'll be eating it a lot!

Homeade soups are where it's at. Trying to get my lazy self around to making some. My man made a homeade vegetable soup recently but I've been buying store bought.
You wanna point me in the direction of that recipe??? Or did you just wing it?

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM
It's kind of just winged or wung :p but basically slow cook a coupla chopped vidalia onions in a little olive oil, covered over med heat until caramelized. Then add a splash of vegan worcestershire sauce if we have it (which we almost never do so I just use soy) and vegetable broth. I use the Better Than Beef bouillion. Then add a tsp of sweetener (brown sugar here)and salt & pepper.

Back-Space
Dec 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I had a bagel with some margarine, I'm going to get some fruit in a few minutes, then thinking of hiking down to the grocery store again :) 6km one way. It'll be enough exercise for the week :p << I love the new cross-eyed smilies by the way :p:p

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I live 4 doors down from the nearest grocery store, but the thought of cleaning the snow off my car is too daunting to think about. You are ambitious!

veganwitch
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:08 PM
It's kind of just winged or wung but basically slow cook a coupla chopped vidalia onions in a little olive oil, covered over med heat until caramelized. Then add a splash of vegan worcestershire sauce if we have it (which we almost never do so I just use soy) and vegetable broth. I use the Better Than Beef bouillion. Then add a tsp of sweetener (brown sugar here)and salt & pepper.

Thanks, sounds simple enough. Did you put the bread and cheese on top?? That's my favorite part...lol.
Right now getting off the couch is too daunting to think about...haha.

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM
The bread and cheese is my favorite part too! When there happens to be Daiya in the fridge I might throw in some croutons and cheese on top, but never as good as the baked restaurant version! Usually we just eat it as is. Lazy. :D

Back-Space
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I live 4 doors down from the nearest grocery store, but the thought of cleaning the snow off my car is too daunting to think about. You are ambitious!

Lol, I'm laughing in Alberta :p It's still like -10 out which is warm enough to walk around all day. I used to live in London, Ontario, and they've been snowed in for the past 2 days :D We've got lots of snow, but we've also got blue skies and clean street :p Suckers.....

Back-Space
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Oh and I gotta ask. How does the vegan cheese taste in relation to dairy cheese? I was thinking of buying some, but it's quite expensive. I tried a veggie burger once thinking it may taste relatively the same as a real burger(back when I was an omni) but I had to soak the thing in ketchup to finish it :(

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I haven't had cheese in almost 6 years, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. It really depends on the cheese. I like FYH vegan gourmet cooked, but not so much raw. Daiya is delicious. Everything else is pretty gross.

Back-Space
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I was eating broccoli the other day, on its own, and I couldn't help thinking how much better it would taste with some melted cheese. And I'd love to make a pizza, especially if the cheese tastes good. Then I could make it when my family comes over :)

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Someone I know who recently went vegan hates Daiya on pizza. She used too much and it went all watery. She does love it in sandwiches, etc. I think it's really good on a pizza, just don't overdo it, and put the toppings on top of it.