PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Back-Space
Dec 8th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I'll have to give that a try then :) I'm not even sure what I'd put on top of it. Maybe diced green peppers, some onions. Someone mentioned putting baked beans on pizza, which doesn't sound too bad :p A little different, but I'd eat it.

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
lol never tried that! But it doesn't sound half bad! I always put way too much stuff on mine.

Back-Space
Dec 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Lol. If I can find a pizza base I'll be set :p Back to the grocery store. I'll have to time how long it takes me to walk 12km. Maybe I'll go further today and see how far I can go :p

Gwydion
Dec 8th, 2010, 11:21 PM
French Onion Soup sounds awesome!

Coffee
Pear, Apple and a Clementine (ta VW :bigsmile:)
Coffee
Hanful of mixed nuts
Coffee
'Paella de Verduras'
Couple of beers and various Punjabi type curries (out with workmates)
Chocolate Swedish Glace Icecream
Rooibos tea with milk

Water as per usual

twinkle
Dec 9th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Last of the chocolate hazelnut brownie, coffee and a satsuma for brunch, mexican pasty from Currant Affairs for lunch (mmm, hot beans and spicy veg in puff pastry :)), a dried fig and a cup of vanilla rooibos tea in the afternoon. Have been rather bad about dinner, which has been cold beanburger and redwoods mini sausages, orange juice and rum (strictly for medicinal purposes ;)). Wow, I suck at eating healthy today! I did have a vitamin pill as well :S

Back-Space
Dec 9th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I had a bagel in the morning with vegan margarine :D An assortment of fruit, and orange juice.
I kind of skipped lunch as I spent alot of the day walking around. I had another bagel once I got home with peanut butter. Some more fruit, and a chickpea, corn, and green bean lazy concoction of mine :p I just boiled the corn and green beans, then added the chickpeas... That's it :p I need some better ideas of how to add beans into my diet.

MoonDance
Dec 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM
an apple, handful of almonds, sunflower kernels and some grapes
avocado on crakers/biscuits
rice w/ tofu, chickpeas and an assortment of beans (kidney etc) w/ soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce
chocolate .... lots of it :o
an apricot and piece of toast and a peach
salad w/ lightly fried and spiced potatoes
lots and lots of water

RubyDuby
Dec 9th, 2010, 02:37 PM
green tea
mountain mix mojo clif bar
leftover lentil soup on top of salad (lettuce, nooch, and broccoli)
chips and salsa
refried beans with lettuce, tomato, guacamole
a margarita
vege fajitas:
onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
2 flour tortillas

veganwitch
Dec 9th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Yesterday:

mock chicken salad sandwich on toasted oat nut bread with romaine
potato chips
2 clementines
few handfuls of cashews
leftover stir-fry with rice
2 mini spring rolls
couple of duplex creme cookies
teas (mayan cocoa spice, black decaf, mangosteen superfruit)

Haven't had anything to eat yet today.

Back-Space
Dec 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Going to make a bagel with margarine in a few minutes :D Have a cup of green tea, and maybe a piece of fruit. Wait till 11:00 or so and then head out for the day. I walked just over 12km on Tuesday, probably somewhere around 14 yesterday, and I'll probably do another 12 today :)

TXvegan
Dec 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I had fruit for breakfast and then a Dr McDougall's soup for lunch. Normally bring a lunch from home, but felt too tired to bother this morning, so I keep Dr McDougall soups in my desk for those days. Dinner will be roasted butternut squash soup, baked sweet potatoes, and a salad.

zeenah
Dec 9th, 2010, 07:48 PM
quorn bits in sweet chili sauce and ginger + cashew nuts and a delicious salad <3 yum

Risker
Dec 9th, 2010, 07:55 PM
quorn bits in sweet chili sauce and ginger + cashew nuts and a delicious salad <3 yum

Quorn isn't vegan, it has egg in it.

twinkle
Dec 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Some people use quorn as a generic fake meat term, though, like some people use butter for spread. But yeah, actual Quorn have been trotting out the same line for 10 years about researching alternatives to eggs. They don't seem to be trying very hard.

Back-Space
Dec 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM
What is quorn anyway? And I'm sure she wouldn't have eaten it if she'd known :)

I just had a carrot and spinach salad.... Yeah, it sucked :p

twinkle
Dec 9th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Aw, how comes it sucked? It sounds good to me, but then I've had another not particularly good eating day, could really do with some fresh stuff. I had some raw yellow pepper and that was it for raw veggies, unless you count pear and apple juice from a carton.

I had no breakfast (well, a chai tea hint mint or two, but that's not really filling!), lunch was a falafel hummous and salad sandwich - oh, so I have had more raw stuff... it was only a couple of leaves though. And a veggie sausage roll!

Afternoon snack: figs and more hint mints.

Dinner was a can of baked beans that I added sweetcorn and Redwoods mini sausages and onion and peppers (and ate some raw while I waited for it to be done) and smoked gm-free canola oil and other seasonings to.

Drinks - juice, coffee and water. And I'll take a vitamin pill when I next go upstairs.

I know this isn't interesting to anyone except me, but it's quite interesting to me to keep track of it.

Back-Space
Dec 9th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Aw, how comes it sucked? It sounds good to me, but then I've had another not particularly good eating day, could really do with some fresh stuff. I had some raw yellow pepper and that was it for raw veggies, unless you count pear and apple juice from a carton.

I had no breakfast (well, a chai tea hint mint or two, but that's not really filling!), lunch was a falafel hummous and salad sandwich - oh, so I have had more raw stuff... it was only a couple of leaves though. And a veggie sausage roll!

Afternoon snack: figs and more hint mints.

Dinner was a can of baked beans that I added sweetcorn and Redwoods mini sausages and onion and peppers (and ate some raw while I waited for it to be done) and smoked gm-free canola oil and other seasonings to.

Drinks - juice, coffee and water. And I'll take a vitamin pill when I next go upstairs.

I know this isn't interesting to anyone except me, but it's quite interesting to me to keep track of it.

Lol, I've been trying to eat healthier :p I took a look at what I was eating... Some days I'd eat a whole bag of potato chips, and I'm not a big eater so it makes up probably half of what I would eat that day. Then I'd have 8 slices of toast or so :p Yeah... I said in another thread that my parents think I'm going to end up sick eating a vegan diet, so that's the last thing I need to happen. People would think it's the veganism and not the junk food. So I eat the spinach even though I hate it, and add the carrots to drown the flavour :p I'm limiting my bread over the day, and trying to keep track of everything I eat so I know where I am in terms of calcium = 48%, iron = forgot :p, and protein = 32 grams. Now I'm going to walk down to town again to keep my exercise routine going :)

Gwydion
Dec 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Coffee
Clementine + Pear
Coffee
Apple
Coffee
Asparagus, courgette and pea risotto
Salt + Malt Vinegar Crisps
White Tea (didn't take note of variety)
3/4 Fry's Peppermint Cream
Tea with Soya Milk + 2 x Hobnobs
Shedload of various veggies (vegbox rox) roasted with Tahini, mustard, balsamic vinegar, agave, etc and more herbs/spices than I care to take note of
Rooibos tea

Waterage...

Back-Space
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Waiting to make my three bean soup. I really hope it tastes good because I don't even have any salt or pepper...

Lars
Dec 10th, 2010, 03:53 AM
whats Satsuma?

So far i've had a bad food day:

A bar of Rawganic dark chocolate
a large frozen coke
glass or soymilk with chocolate syrup
a packet of instant noodles
chilli flavour crunchy coated peanuts.

I feel a bit sick now.

Gwydion
Dec 10th, 2010, 07:17 AM
whats Satsuma?

Exactly the same thing as a Clementine, Tangerine, Naartjie, Mandarin Orange, etc - it's all about the marketing.

I joke, but it's in the same vein. Citrus seedless fruit? Type thing.

I feel a bit sick now.

Not overly surprised to be honest :D

Nice blog!

veganwitch
Dec 10th, 2010, 08:26 AM

Ah, Twinkle...I find it quite interesting myself. I love to see what everyone is eating. The other day you gave me a craving for dried figs and vanilla rooibos...LOL...I was in the store today and neglected to buy both of them.

Today I had:

1/2 blueberry bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
a banana
cup of carrot ginger soup
2 slices of pizza topped w/ fyh cheese, tomatoes, spinach, artichokes
teas (decaf black, peppermint mate, decaf chai)

Not much, but I was on the road most of the day.

TXvegan
Dec 10th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast - 2 navel oranges, banana & cafe au soy

Lunch - Salt & vinger crips, Pad Thai noodle soup

Dinner - Butternut squash soup served with loaded jacket potatoes

Bought a new kind of vegan cheese that said it melted, but I wasn't entirely happy with that clain but it tasted good.

Snacks - Lara bar, nuts

RubyDuby
Dec 10th, 2010, 05:26 PM
which cheese? ^

coffee with plain Silk
mountain mix mojo
romaine & raw broccoli topped with chili (Hormel)
leftover french onion soup
Tofurkey cheese pizza topped with Tofurkey

Barry
Dec 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Leftover channa masala and dhal.

Ciabatta roll with hummus, lettuce, carrot, roasted peppers, olives and sweet piquanté peppers.

Far too many crisps!