PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

veganwitch
Dec 11th, 2010, 07:07 AM
english muffin with earth balance and orange marmalade
a clementine
a burritio from whole foods (filled w/ sweet potatoes, carmelized onions, guacamole, black beans, peppers)
a cinnamon bun w/ icing
teas (mayan cocoa spice, black decaf)

RubyDuby
Dec 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
coffee with plain Silk
whole wheat everything bagel with Tofutti French onion cream cheese
poppy bagel with vegan cranberry vanilla cream cheese (a bagel place near here, Balsam Bagels, makes their own vegan cream cheese!)
more coffee w Silk creamer
2 crispy spring rolls with plum sauce
eggplant veg with tofu dish at Thai place

Back-Space
Dec 11th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Going to have my bagel in a minute :D I think I'm going to make another soup today aswell.

I was looking at some veggie burgers at the grocery store yesterday... They're very expensive and I've heard of some people finding them not so pleasant to eat. Is there a well-known name brand of veggie burger that I can find in Canada? We've got 2 or 3 brands that I saw. I remember the one was Yves Portobello Burgers but again I've got no idea how they taste. I keep hanging around that section hoping someone will come pick a pack up and I can ask them which tastes the best :p Or just pick up the same pack they did assuming they picked up their favourite :p

RubyDuby
Dec 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I've never tried that kind, but it sounds delicious! As far as beef impersonating veggie burgers, I like the Boca burgers myself, but I'm not going to say they're fantastic. My favorite is Gimme Lean, but not sure if you have that there? It comes in a tube and you break off pieces, form your own patties and cook them in a pan.

Back-Space
Dec 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I haven't seen either of those brands :( I really just want them so my omni friend has something more to his liking for food while he's here. I figure if he's here for 10 days and comes hiking with me and eats a vegan diet, he might notice the benefits and continue :D There was another veggie burger, can't remember the brand but it had garlic in it aswell... Maybe I'll get the smaller pack and see how they taste.

twinkle
Dec 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
We went for our "not Christmas" meal today (me and a group of friends, it's an annual tradition), and I had to rush around town in the morning buying last minute presents, so breakfast was cake and coffee. Lunch was at a hotel, and I was quite pleased. Apart from me having to prompt them for side veg without butter they'd provided a pretty good vegan meal that wasn't much different from the veggie option, I had a starter of melon with a red berry compote and some tasty spiced coulis, the main was nutloaf with roast and boiled potatoes and cranberry sauce with steamed carrots, parsnips and brussels sprouts on the side, then Christmas pudding for dessert - they'd put some sprays of redcurrants on the side and more of the compote from the starter on my pudding to make up for it not having custard and it worked quite well! :)

Went back to someone's house to listen to festive music and look at their log fire, and open secret santa presents. Mine was an owl-embellished jute bag containing bath melts and 4 bags of vegan jelly sweets, I've opened two of the bags already to try and they're really nice!

Back-Space
Dec 11th, 2010, 09:36 PM
We went for our "not Christmas" meal today (me and a group of friends, it's an annual tradition), and I had to rush around town in the morning buying last minute presents, so breakfast was cake and coffee. Lunch was at a hotel, and I was quite pleased. Apart from me having to prompt them for side veg without butter they'd provided a pretty good vegan meal that wasn't much different from the veggie option, I had a starter of melon with a red berry compote and some tasty spiced coulis, the main was nutloaf with roast and boiled potatoes and cranberry sauce with steamed carrots, parsnips and brussels sprouts on the side, then Christmas pudding for dessert - they'd put some sprays of redcurrants on the side and more of the compote from the starter on my pudding to make up for it not having custard and it worked quite well! :)

Went back to someone's house to listen to festive music and look at their log fire, and open secret santa presents. Mine was an owl-embellished jute bag containing bath melts and 4 bags of vegan jelly sweets, I've opened two of the bags already to try and they're really nice!

Sounds like an exciting day, and quite the meal :D

mini_mi
Dec 12th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Rice creme hot cereal with molasses
Barley and black beans
Grapes and an orange
Miso soup
Almond butter and berry jam on whole grain bread
Banana
Spinach salad

Risker
Dec 12th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Brunch - Vegetable soup (http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253732529) - 400g of supermarket own brand value range goodness. (It was nice, honest.)
Late afternoon - Beef & tomato flavour pot noodle sandwich (with margarine)
Dinner - Pasta with a tomato, courgette & chayote sauce (all freshly made, not sure of the full ingredients) with supermarket own brand value garlic bread.
Snacks - Pack of twiglets, pack of value range salt & vinegar crisps.

Sounds unhealthy but I'm trying to put on some weight for a new roll I'm working on.

veganwitch
Dec 12th, 2010, 04:31 AM
chocolate chip cookie dough lara bar
a banana
spicy vegetable filled dumplings
faux chicken nuggets dipped in agave-mustard
roasted brussel sprouts
potatoes (from the deli at WF, they were very good but then I never met a potato I didn't like)
couple of pieces of baklava (YUM!! never had it pre-vegan so nothing to compare it to, but this was delicious)
vast quantities of black decaf tea

TXvegan
Dec 12th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Yesterday was home made drop biscuits and fruit, avocado & tomato sandwich, bean tameles for dinner and a handful of nuts for dessert

RubyDuby
Dec 12th, 2010, 04:50 PM
espresso
poppy seed bagel with smart balance and cranberry vanilla cream cheese
bagel sandwich- vegenaise, tofurkey slices, tomato, onion, lettuce
seitan steaks, mashed cauliflower and brussels sprouts

veganwitch
Dec 13th, 2010, 05:25 AM
bowl of vegetable soup
2 rolls with earth balance
sandwich (tofurkey, tofutti cheese, tomatoes, spinach, red onion, mustard, vegenaise on toasted oat nut bread)
spicy curly fries with ketchup
a sticky bun
teas (black decaf, decaf chai)

Back-Space
Dec 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Going to have a breakfast of grapes, banana, and an apple. I'll save my last bagel for laster :p Probably another can of beans at some point over the day. Starting to wonder if it's healthy eating a can of those everyday :p

RubyDuby
Dec 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM
soy gingerbread latte
mountain mix mojo
Dr. McDougall's Chinese Chicken Noodle soup
poppy seed bagel (last one :()
Boca chicken patty

I will definitely be having a big salad for dinner.

Back-Space
Dec 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM
soy gingerbread latte
mountain mix mojo
Dr. McDougall's Chinese Chicken Noodle soup
poppy seed bagel (last one :()
Boca chicken patty

I will definitely be having a big salad for dinner.

You've got vegan chicken noodle soup? :eek:

Morellius
Dec 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
om nom nom, discovered a new vegan fast food place next to my university, had to try it out :P
so i had seitan stake and french fries. <3

RubyDuby
Dec 13th, 2010, 09:18 PM
^^ lucky you!!

You've got vegan chicken noodle soup? :eek:
Yeah, they come in little cups that you just add water to and microwave. Check your health food store!

Back-Space
Dec 13th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Health food store? We've got a grocery store :p I think I've seen things like that before, but when I see chicken I just walk by it. I've just been looking at the veggie burgers so far. The other brand was Veggie Patch... Yves and Veggie Patch but I've never tried them and don't want to spend $10 on a couple of burger I might end up tossing out.

I've been making my own soup aswell with vegetable broth and some vegetables and beans. It just never tastes as good as the store bought stuff though.

RubyDuby
Dec 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Does your store have a health food type section?
I have the opposite opinion on soups!

Back-Space
Dec 13th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Does your store have a health food type section?
I have the opposite opinion on soups!

We've got a fruits and vegetables section :D Lol, no it's just different sections for different foods. And drugs, and cleaners... We've got organic sections but that's about it.

I don't mind the soup that I make. My soups are really healthy since they're minus the meat, msg, and everything I use is organic, but I used to eat alot of that Campbells chicken noodle soup, and I keep comparing it to that.

veganwitch
Dec 14th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I used to eat alot of that Campbells chicken noodle soup, and I keep comparing it to that.

I like Amy's brand No-Chicken Noodle Soup. I haven't tried the chicken ones in the cups that Ruby has but the Amy's one I think would be close to Campbells. I don't know if you could find it near you though. Might be able to order it off vegan essentials though.

Back-Space
Dec 14th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Yeah, we don't seem to have much of anything around here :( Except for organic foods though... I'm quite impressed with that. In London I bought organic apples and bananas, that was all I could really get my hands on. I've got organic carrots and spinach right now, all my canned beans are organic, and all my fruit and vegetables :D The only thing in my kitchen that isn't would be the bread and the peanut butter :p

I haven't been eating much of anything processed though. Whenever I have a craving for anything I usually just buy chips to atleast give me some flavour, that's why I was so interested when you said you had onion rings. I spent atleast 20 minutes a few weeks ago thinking "I could go for some nice greasy onion rings right now" :p

Risker
Dec 14th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Yeah, we don't seem to have much of anything around here :( Except for organic foods though... I'm quite impressed with that. In London I bought organic apples and bananas, that was all I could really get my hands on. I've got organic carrots and spinach right now, all my canned beans are organic, and all my fruit and vegetables :D The only thing in my kitchen that isn't would be the bread and the peanut butter :p

Congratulations, you've given a load of money to luddite organic certification boards that may well do more harm than good.

Back-Space
Dec 14th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Congratulations, you've given a load of money to luddite organic certification boards that may well do more harm than good.

Could you expand on that? What's wrong with buying organic?