PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

SlackAlice
Dec 17th, 2010, 10:11 AM
. So I eat the spinach even though I hate it, and add the carrots to drown the flavour :p )

I used to be the same about spinach and even more so about Aubergines! :(

I started by shredding spinach thinly in salad and chopping it up finely in curry to make sure I was getting the goodness but not the taste! Now though, I find I use it at every opportunity as I have grown accustomed to it and quite like it.

I had to be 'force fed ' Aubergine disguised in a variety of devious ways including deep fried as it was my lifelong pet hate ,but now I am actually quite fond of it ...deep fried anyway!

RubyDuby
Dec 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
saute spinach with garlic, salt and pepper. mmmmm

Yesterday:
coffee and mojo
salad- lettuce, pickles, olives, sweet vidalia dressing
Veggie chicken sandwich made with one drumstick, lettuce, pickle, bbq sauce on Ezekiel toast
2 more drumsticks
orange juice
peanut butter on Ezekiel toast
Big Mac Salad:
big bowl of lettuce topped with pickles, onions, croutons, gimme lean burger with melted daiya and homemade thousand island
square of semi-sweet baking chocolate
handful cashews

Back-Space
Dec 17th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Ugh, yeah, I've had that happen as well, with Yves Veggie Cuisine ham slices or something. We had already bought ours, opened them up and everything. We ate them anyway, and they were fine...

The Yves Veggie Cuisine Italian sausages, BTW, are nothing compared to Tofurky's Italian sausages with sun-dried tomatoes. The Yves Veggie Cuisine sausages make better hot dogs, IMO, whereas the Tofurky sausages might be my favorite meat replacement product, they're delicious.

We have Tofurky sausages there aswell :D I just kind of ignored them because it's alot easier to grocery shop when packages have vegan written across the front of it :p I'll have to go back and see if those are good (as in not expired) ;) They look like they'd be pretty good, and I like how everything is fortified so I can eat junk food and still get all my nutrients.

So I guess the way this is working is that we're being friendly and speaking to each other in one thread, and being mean and nasty and not speaking to each other in another? Well, aren't we multidimensional and silly...

Lol :p Speaking of which, I don't believe I've said anything mean to you today... Excuse me for a moment while I find that thread :p

I used to be the same about spinach and even more so about Aubergines!

I started by shredding spinach thinly in salad and chopping it up finely in curry to make sure I was getting the goodness but not the taste! Now though, I find I use it at every opportunity as I have grown accustomed to it and quite like it.

I had to be 'force fed ' Aubergine disguised in a variety of devious ways including deep fried as it was my lifelong pet hate ,but now I am actually quite fond of it ...deep fried anyway!

The deep fryer was always my favourite method of cooking :D Atleast I'm not the only one who eats food they don't like just to get the nutrients from it. I thought that was weird :p What are aubergines anyway?

Back-Space
Dec 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
saute spinach with garlic, salt and pepper. mmmmm

Yesterday:
coffee and mojo
salad- lettuce, pickles, olives, sweet vidalia dressing
Veggie chicken sandwich made with one drumstick, lettuce, pickle, bbq sauce on Ezekiel toast
2 more drumsticks
orange juice
peanut butter on Ezekiel toast
Big Mac Salad:
big bowl of lettuce topped with pickles, onions, croutons, gimme lean burger with melted daiya and homemade thousand island
square of semi-sweet baking chocolate
handful cashews

That might work too. Maybe I wouldn't be able to taste the spinach with the garlic :p I love pepper too... I eat probably a good tablespoon of that stuff a day :p

So far today I had a piece of toast. It was awesome :D
And some orange juice.

Risker
Dec 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
What are aubergines anyway?

It's the correct name for eggplant :p

Back-Space
Dec 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
It's the correct name for eggplant :p

Oh okay, thanks :p I hate that too :satisfied:

RubyDuby
Dec 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Tofurkey sausages are the best!!

So far today:

Earl Grey tea
5-minute pancakes with Smart Balance and maple syrup
Tofurkey breakfast links
orange juice
Chickpea noodle soup
black tea with lemon

eta: we ended up getting Wegmans buffet for dinner... some veggie balls, noodles and spring rolls.

Back-Space
Dec 17th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Tofurkey it is :p I'll pick some up to day.

I need some broccoli too :p I keep reading all these health sites. Broccoli, avocados, and brussel sprouts.

Back-Space
Dec 18th, 2010, 03:00 AM
I knew I forgot something! Should have written it down :p I got the Tofurkey sausages, almost $5.00 :eek: I got a whole bunch of fruits and vegetables... Everything except the broccoli. Oh well...

Kimberlily1983
Dec 18th, 2010, 04:49 AM
I knew I forgot something! Should have written it down I got the Tofurkey sausages, almost $5.00 I got a whole bunch of fruits and vegetables... Everything except the broccoli. Oh well...

Yeah, they're not cheap, those Tofurky sausages. But so worth it... We try to resist eating them all at once, and instead just fry one up, cut it up in little pieces, and serve it on top of beany stews or whatever else we're eating it can go with.

You sound like you're eating healthy... I've been eating a lot of junk lately, interspersed with the occasional healthy meal (like today, Mr. Noodles for breakfast, a potato with mushroom gravy for lunch - haha, balanced meal, 'eh? But then we had whole wheat pasta with vegan feta - yum! - and olives and pasta sauce: much better :)). Our fridge is pretty low in greens and other veggies right now, time for us to hit the grocery store, too.

veganwitch
Dec 18th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Today:

hot quinora with walnuts, dried apple bits, cinnamon, soymilk, maple syrup
2 cups green chai w/ creamer
green olive hummus w/ some rice crisp crackers and almost a whole piece of oat nut bread
eggplant parmesan
chocolate chip cookie from WF
other tea (black decaf, pomegranate cherry green)

Back-Space
Dec 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, they're not cheap, those Tofurky sausages. But so worth it... We try to resist eating them all at once, and instead just fry one up, cut it up in little pieces, and serve it on top of beany stews or whatever else we're eating it can go with.

You sound like you're eating healthy... I've been eating a lot of junk lately, interspersed with the occasional healthy meal (like today, Mr. Noodles for breakfast, a potato with mushroom gravy for lunch - haha, balanced meal, 'eh? But then we had whole wheat pasta with vegan feta - yum! - and olives and pasta sauce: much better :)). Our fridge is pretty low in greens and other veggies right now, time for us to hit the grocery store, too.

Lol, looking forward to eating them :) I actually haven't had anything like that yet. Lol, you should have seen my diet a few weeks ago. A whole bag of potato chips everyday :rolleyes: I felt sick all the time, but it was awesome :D

Wildflower
Dec 18th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Tried Teese Cheese for the first time last night and it was actually really good! I bought the nacho sauce kind, and melted it over blue corn tortilla chips, added some white onion, cilantro, pumpkin salsa, black beans and black olives. Delicious! http://www.chicagosoydairy.com/teese_vegan_cheese/

That was my dinner with a snack later of hot apple cider, a banana and some vegan marshmallows (I am so addicted to these, Dandies brand from the same people who make Teese).

Breakfast was homemade popcorn with Earth Balance and earl gray tea with vanilla almond milk and stevia. Lunch was veggie fried rice and a spring roll with cabbage. Bizarre eating day I suppose...lots of snackie foods!

RubyDuby
Dec 18th, 2010, 06:28 PM
So far I've just had leftover chickpea noodle soup, Silk Nog, and orange juice,
1/2 block Sweet & Sara Rocky Road Bark and a handful of cashews.

Dinner will be Broccoli cheese soup (Leahey Gardens with fresh broccoli added)
Baked potatoes with smart balance and tofutti sour cream
Sauteed spinach and mushrooms with roasted garlic

Est
Dec 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
B: Fruit salad (apple, grape, plum)

L: Appetizer (bread, dipping oils, olives). Starter (garlic ciabatta). Main (sun dried tomato and brown lentil sausages, seasonal greens, glazed roasted carrots, mash, gravy). Dessert (chocolate orange brownie with cardamom ice cream and pistachio). Banana soya shake and a hot chocolate.

D: I'm still full right now :o but will probably have an M&S stir fry which at least has interesting ingredients and not just lots of carrot and cabbage, or a pumpkin sagwala (curry).

Back-Space
Dec 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Just had a quick question for you guys :p I was wondering if the veggie burgers and sausages were meant to be frozen, or if it was alright to be refrigerated. I was showing my mom what I had bought and she said that they probably have to be frozen, but it doesn't say it anywhere :p

RubyDuby
Dec 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM
If I buy them from the freezer section, I freeze them. Otherwise, the fridge is fine.

Back-Space
Dec 18th, 2010, 07:42 PM
If I buy them from the freezer section, I freeze them. Otherwise, the fridge is fine.

Okay thanks :p It says it can stay frozen for a month on the veggie burgers, but they were in one of the open refrigerators in the grocery store so... They'll be gone in a couple of days anyhow :)

Risker
Dec 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Home made lentil and tomato soup with a toasted cheezly and tomato sandwich.
Sweet & sour rice with vegetables (from a packet) with steamed broccoli and spring onions.
Several choccie biccies.

Back-Space
Dec 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Just made myself a lentil, corn, and green bean soup (not organic :p) Pretty good :) I'm going to use the rest of the lentils, and maybe some black beans and rice to make some weird kind of stirfry later :p I've also got some asparagus I've got to learn how to cook...

mmmorgans
Dec 18th, 2010, 09:40 PM
A casserole that I adpated from the Q&E vegan celebrations mac n cheeze, toast with margarine and some tea

megrainbows
Dec 19th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I had;
porridge with soya milk & cinnamon
sausage roll from Holland & Barrett
'Jerky Jamaican' pastry thingy from Holland & Barrett (we spent near on £80 in there doing Xmas food shopping! crazy!)
Banana provamel soya milk
Red & white quinoa, fry's 'chicken' nuggets, steamed purple broccoli
dark chocolate rice cakes :)

veganwitch
Dec 20th, 2010, 04:57 PM
yesterday:

english muffin with earth balance and marmalade
tofutti pizza
salad (romaine, baby spinach, tomato, cucumber, black olives, pumpkinseeds, dried cranberries, beets, red onion, shredded carrots, garbanzo beans, onion and poppy seed sticks, w/ poppy seed orange dressing)
2 slices of bread with earth balance
glass of silk nog
teas (cinnamon vanilla, mangosteen green, black decaf)

RubyDuby
Dec 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
mmm Silk Nog. :)

Yesterday:

leftover broccoli cheese soup
a potato with tofutti sour cream
coffee
orange juice
a small piece of cigarillo- seitan and Daiya wrapped in a tortilla, deep-fried, and dipped in vegenaise. (omg)
small bowl of bolognese (spirals and tempeh) and small piece garlic toast
1/2 tofu sub
salad greens with vinegrette

Kimberlily1983
Dec 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I felt sick all the time, but it was awesome

Haha, yes, sometimes it's good to be bad. :) I think what works best for me is eating healthy almost all the time, with the occasional cheat days of fries, cake, pop, etc. Make those cheat days the norm and you start to feel not so well...

Tried Teese Cheese for the first time last night and it was actually really good!

That stuff sounds good. That and Daiya. Have been wanting to try these...

What I have tried recently is Unisoya's soy feta, in the olive flavor and the sun-dried tomato flavor. Very delicious... Though I'll have to make sure these are vegan: the one iffy ingredient is "flavor" or "natural flavor". That's not an ingredient I obsess about, but I want to look into it before I ask the stores here to order it (I got it while in Montreal).