PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Back-Space
Dec 21st, 2010, 12:56 AM
I just had one of those Yves veggie burgers.... Omg that was amazing :D With the ketchup on there I wouldn't have been able to tell that it wasn't actually meat :)

veganwitch
Dec 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM
a small piece of cigarillo- seitan and Daiya wrapped in a tortilla, deep-fried, and dipped in vegenaise. (omg)

Me want!!...lol

Today:

boca burger with tofutti cheese, on 2 slices of toasted bread with romaine lettuce, tomato slices, vegenaise
french fries with ketchup and vegenaise
a sticky bun with icing
some rice crackers with hickory smoked "cheese" spread
brown basmati rice
a mini spring roll w/ sauce
stir fry (marinated tofu, broccoli, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, ginger, cashews)
piece of baklava
teas (white christmas, earl grey, black decaf, green, peppermint mate)

Lars
Dec 21st, 2010, 10:35 AM
That cigarillo thing sounds amaaazing

I've had

Piece of toast w/ nuttelex
Tomato, cracked pepper n tofutti on 4 vitawheats (3 times today!)
A vegetable samosa (yum!)
8 cocktail curry puffs ( was still on a samosa high)
A lychee bubble shake
Two potatoes with nuttelex
Two cups of toolbox tea, glass of choc soymilk

All in all not a nutritious day :)

RubyDuby
Dec 21st, 2010, 05:27 PM
It was! :)

yesterday:

mountain mojo and coffee
baked potatoes with tofutti sour cream
salad with olives, pickles, mushrooms, and balsamic vinegar
seitan roast with onions, mushroom gravy and cranberry sauce

Back-Space
Dec 22nd, 2010, 12:54 AM
I had another veggie burger today :D Some more soup aswell.... I've got such a varied diet :p

veganwitch
Dec 22nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
2 pieces of oat nut toast with earth balance
bowl of vegetable soup
huge roll with earth balance
shepherd's pie (lightlife ground, creamed corn, regular corn, peas, fyh cheese, mashed potatoes, spices)
chocolate cupcake w/ chocolate frosting
teas (decaf chai, peppermint mate, decaf black)

RubyDuby
Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
I had another veggie burger today :D Some more soup aswell.... I've got such a varied diet :p
is that all you eat? Maybe that's why you're having trouble getting enough protein? If you eat enough calories with a healthy diet you should be fine, but that doesn't sound like much food! (feel free to tell me to mind my own business :))

yesterday:

gingerbread soy latte
peanut butter on Ezekiel toast
salad with olives, pickles and mushrooms
leftover seitan roast with roasted onions and a si8de of cranberry sauce
boca burger on whole grain roll (lettuce, tomato, red onion, picles, ketchup)
steak fries

TXvegan
Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Fruit and a Larabar for breakfast

Hummus, falafel, baba gnoush, and flat bread in a Middle Eastern restaurant for lunch.

Dinner was a bowl of tomato soup and a sandwich of hummus, avocado, red onion, and lettuce.

Back-Space
Dec 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
is that all you eat? Maybe that's why you're having trouble getting enough protein? If you eat enough calories with a healthy diet you should be fine, but that doesn't sound like much food! (feel free to tell me to mind my own business :))

yesterday:

gingerbread soy latte
peanut butter on Ezekiel toast
salad with olives, pickles and mushrooms
leftover seitan roast with roasted onions and a si8de of cranberry sauce
boca burger on whole grain roll (lettuce, tomato, red onion, picles, ketchup)
steak fries

Hey! Mind your own business :p Lol. No, I had a bunch of walnuts and almonds, peanut butter sandwich and toast in the morning. I had the burger for lunch along with some vegetables and fruit for dessert, and I had a good bit of soup for dinner. But that's 2 days in a row we've had burgers. And a week or so I've been eating soups :p I eat the walnuts and almonds every day too... Need to mix it up a bit, maybe I'll have some tofurkey sausages today instead :D

Back-Space
Dec 22nd, 2010, 04:26 PM
And I was reading the nutritional facts on those sausages. 30 grams of protein in one sausage :eek: Lots of fat too, but that's pretty well half my protein right there :p

RubyDuby
Dec 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
have you tried them yet? so worth the fat...

Back-Space
Dec 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
have you tried them yet? so worth the fat...

Going to try them today :) Hopefully they're not too "boring" for my friend. I loved the burgers.... Almost feel guilty eating something that tastes so closely to meat :p

Back-Space
Dec 23rd, 2010, 12:27 AM
Just tried the sausages :p Not too bad, although I think I prefer the burgers. They're about the same price at the grocery store, so I can't tell which ones the better deal :p

Night_Owl
Dec 23rd, 2010, 01:50 AM
I had oatmeal with nuts and fruit. Salad with mushrooms and olives. Muffin. Popcorn. Veggie burger chibata bread tomato and lettuce.

Back-Space
Dec 23rd, 2010, 02:24 AM
I had oatmeal with nuts and fruit. Salad with mushrooms and olives. Muffin. Popcorn. Veggie burger chibata bread tomato and lettuce.

Sounds good. Hey, is pop-corn vegan? I always thought the store bought bags had butter in them, but isn't it some kind of oil? Can't remember what it was, but they were making popcorn on Mythbusters and they were using oil...

Risker
Dec 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
^ Usually you get butter flavouring, butter itself would go off I think. A lot of it is air-popped. It's easy enough to buy some kernels and pop them yourself.

RubyDuby
Dec 23rd, 2010, 03:11 PM
I have yet to find vegan microwave popcorn. There's always some sort of milk product in them. :( I just put kernals in a paper bag, flatten it, fold it, and microwave for 2-3 minutres.

Back-Space
Dec 23rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
I'll have to take a look when I'm at the grocery store. If I got microwave popcorn without the butter, that would likely be vegan right? I can just add salt or something to it to give it a bit of flavour. Or maybe some of the popcorn seasonings are vegan aswell.

RubyDuby
Dec 23rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I guess, but if you're just buying plain popcorn you'll save yourself quite a bit of money but just buying the kernels and some paper bags. Just found this article (http://prime.peta.org/2009/01/fun-easy-and-cheap-snack-vegan-microwave-popcorn).

yesterday:

coffee and chocolate
cheeseless veg pizza
whole block of broiled tofu
whole bag of spinach, sauteed with garlic

got better near the end of the day... this morning is not looking much better...

Back-Space
Dec 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
I guess, but if you're just buying plain popcorn you'll save yourself quite a bit of money but just buying the kernels and some paper bags. Just found this article (http://prime.peta.org/2009/01/fun-easy-and-cheap-snack-vegan-microwave-popcorn).

yesterday:

coffee and chocolate
cheeseless veg pizza
whole block of broiled tofu
whole bag of spinach, sauteed with garlic

got better near the end of the day... this morning is not looking much better...

Lol, I've only ever eaten the microwavable bags of popcorn (when I was omni ofcourse). That looks pretty easy though :) I've got a microwave and after over a month of living here I still haven't used it :p

I just had some raw almonds, and a burger bun toasted.

megrainbows
Dec 24th, 2010, 12:53 AM
organic porridge with alpro organic milk & agave nectar
whole wheat organic pasta in Caribbean sauce w/ soya mince, organic peas, organic carrots and carnival squash
whole wheat organic pita bread with tesco caramelized onion hummus
provamel banana milk
more organic whole wheat pasta w/ soya mince, organic carrots, organic peas, & carnival squash
alpro soya custard

Risker
Dec 26th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Breakfast: A can of non-organic pear halves in a light syrup.

Lunch/Dinner: Roast potatoes, roast carrots, roast parsnips, roast brussel sprouts and boiled peas (all non-organic). Gravy made of onion, gravy powder and sage (all non-organic). Bread sauce made bread crumbs (made from home made bread), onion, cloves, nutmeg, soya milk (all non-organic). This nut roast (http://vegbox-recipes.co.uk/recipes/nut-recipe-1.php) made entirely with non-organic ingredients. Mint sauce, cranberry sauce, dijon mustard and horseradish (all non-organic).

Snacks: Sun dried mango, bombay mix, 'good stuff' fizzy cola bottles, crystallised ginger, a mahalo bar (vegan bounty), twiglets, Tesco own brand ready salted crisps (all non-organic).

Late night dessert: Trifle made with home made sponge cake, tinned fruit cocktail, strawberry jelly (from crystals), custard (from powder), sprinkles on top :) (all non-organic).

Far, far, far, too much food! I feel like a Weeble.

emmapresley
Dec 26th, 2010, 08:00 PM
one bottle of irradiated dirty water, one box of cram and squirrel on a stick..oh no, wait..

two non organic and non irradiated apples..ryvita sweet chilli noms, vat of veg soup. thats 3 hefty bowlfuls. plus engevita. later i may have an alpro soya dark chocolate 'pudding'

tomorrow im cooking for my parents so it will be all posh and that. im going to combine fruits AND vegetables to create a gastronomic delight of epic propertions. if it goes wrong i have a massive baguette (to club myself to death with out of shame..)

Risker
Dec 26th, 2010, 08:50 PM
one bottle of irradiated dirty water, one box of cram and squirrel on a stick..oh no, wait..=

Lol, I'm planning on having that later :)

emmapresley
Dec 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM
:p
i'm sick for this game. Rghghghgh gecko steak