PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

megrainbows
Dec 26th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Tofu scramble w/ organic chestnut mushrooms, organic tomatoes, and onion
whole wheat pita w/ caramelized onion hummus
organic sugar free fruit cake w/ alpro custard
alpro raspberry & vanilla yoghurt (I get through a lot of these in a week.. :D)
Hale n Hearty vegetable fritters made with grated parsnip, grated carrot, onion, shredded tofutti 'cheddar' slices, & chestnut mushrooms w/ quinoa
Mug of warm hazelnut and almond rice dream

Wildflower
Dec 28th, 2010, 04:44 AM
I cook popcorn on top the stove in a pot. LOL, it's easy, put a few tablespoons of oil in a big pot, add about 3 popcorn kernels, then put the lid on and turn the burner to medium high. Wait til those 3 pop, than add in about a 1/2 cup of kernels (for a giant bowl of popcorn). Recover the lid. When it starts popping, crack the lid to let the moisture out and pick the pot up every few seconds and shake it back and forth. Take off heat when you don't hear any more popping, put it in a bowl and add some Earth Balance to the hot pot to melt. Pour over popcorn and add salt, stir with a spoon. Enjoy!

If my directions are too vague, here is one that is explained better:
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_popcorn/

Today:

Slept late, lunch was coffee with vanilla almond milk, half a sandwich with whole wheat bread, smoked tofurky, guacamole, herb mix.

snack: 2 clementines

dinner: homemade lentil loaf, mashed potatoes with rosemary and garlic, maple roasted carrots.

snack: clementine, coconut chocolate wafer cookie.

veganwitch
Dec 28th, 2010, 06:20 AM
1/2 slice of bread with vegenaise
sandwich (tofurkey, tofutti mozzarella, spinach, tomato, mustard, vegenaise) on toasted bread
some green and black olives
veggie chips (crisps)
2 clementines
1/2 a quesadilla (ww tortilla, black refriend beans, scallions, "cheese") topped w/ black bean and corn salsa, "sour cream", guacamole
mini cookies and cream cheesecake
salad (romaine, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots, beets, garbanzo beans, pumpkin seeds, black olives, onion & poppy seed sticks) with orange poppyseed dressing
roll with earth balance
teas (candy cane lane, black decaf

Lars
Dec 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
that quesadilla sounds amaaazing, I'm craving mexican foood right now

I've had:

two slices of toast with nuttelex spread
two soy flat whites w/ 2 sugars each
three pieces of twist licorice
a vegetable samosa
a small bowl of cherry tomatos w/ balsamic dressing
a bowl of steamed brocolli, carrot and sweet potato
a cup of rooibos tea

I pretty much ate 80% of an oreo vegan cheese cake at xmas, time to work it off!

Wildflower
Dec 30th, 2010, 02:38 AM
I think i take back my previous comment regarding the awesomeness of Teese Cheese.

I made mac and cheese tonight with the Cheddar style and it wasn't that great. :( The best part was that Teese melted into a perfect Velveeta like smooth consistency (i combined 1 tube with 1 cup soymilk). It was amazing and the texture was perfect. The taste though...it tastes sweet and like nothingness, totally bland. I tried adding mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, nutmeg, white pepper and quite a lot of hotsauce and paprika, but it still didn't have much taste. I melted Daiya on top, which was sprinkled with more hotsauce/paprika/garlic powder, breadcrumbs and earth balance and that actually tasted a lot better. It melted pretty well too, but not like the Teese, i am not sure I could have made a sauce with it. It was stringy/chewy.

The other Teese I raved about was Nacho Flavored. I should have made mac and cheese with that for sure...

So today:

Breakfast: ww toast with EB and fig jam. coffee with vanilla almond milk.

Lunch: leftover lentil loaf, roast carrots, mashed potatoes and a clementine.

Dinner: homemade Mac and Teese

I'm still hungry as I didn't eat much of the mac and teese, so probably some cookies/tea or a salad as a snackie.

Festered
Dec 30th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Ive gone back on my diet after xmas.
All I have eaten at work is portions of low cal soup
Then I got home n had some homemade potato wedges and some broccoli soup which was amazing, chickpeas (roasted), a side salad, and a glass of lovely wine :)

Wildflower
Dec 30th, 2010, 02:41 AM
1/2 slice of bread with vegenaise
sandwich (tofurkey, tofutti mozzarella, spinach, tomato, mustard, vegenaise) on toasted bread
some green and black olives
veggie chips (crisps)
2 clementines
1/2 a quesadilla (ww tortilla, black refriend beans, scallions, "cheese") topped w/ black bean and corn salsa, "sour cream", guacamole
mini cookies and cream cheesecake
salad (romaine, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots, beets, garbanzo beans, pumpkin seeds, black olives, onion & poppy seed sticks) with orange poppyseed dressing
roll with earth balance
teas (candy cane lane, black decaf

Hey Veganwitch! Haven't talked to you in awhile, hope you are doing well. :) Was wondering what brand of cheese you used in the quesadilla?

Night_Owl
Dec 30th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Oatmeal, fruit.
Almond butter on crackers
Spinach salad with grapes, walnuts, celery, cucumbers. Blackeye peas with tomatoes and peppers.
Juice spritzer.
Fried tater bites.
Chocolate rice dream and strawberries. Not finished yet. :)

Back-Space
Dec 30th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I had some of my vegan chocolate bar today. I've picked up the dark chocolate quite easily :p I also had toast, obviously... Lots of fruit, and a soup with about 15 different things in it. Wasn't half bad :)

RubyDuby
Dec 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
yesterday:

coffee w soy.
a banana.
broiled tofu slices dipped in buffalo wing sauce.
southwestern corn pudding topped with lentil chili mole.
buffalo tempeh sub with cole slaw.

so far today:

The exact same thing, minus the tofu in wing sauce and with Ezekiel toast instead of a sub roll...

vegetarian
Dec 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I try to consume FIVE (5) FRUITS and FIVE (5) VEGETABLES every day in my vegan diet.

Yesterday I had a fruit smoothie with
a full grapefruit, some orange juice, some soymilk AND some soy powder, some cinnamon, banana, and blackberries (4 fruits)
Later I had a single pear sliced and placed over peanut butter on some whole grain vegan-friendly bread. (1 fruit)
TOTAL = 5 fruits

I had several cups of coffee with soymilk.

I also ate some organic mesclun salad, a microwaved red potato sliced with some mustard (a vegetable but not a serving), some baby carrots, a whole gherkin-style cucumber, and some other vegetable I don't readily recall. (5 vegetables)

Grain servings: 2 slices total of whole grain breads, some oatmeal with cinnamon and soymilk
Legume servings: a bowl of cold black bean soup, but thick

Today I began again with a fruit smoothie with a full grapefruit, some orange juice, some soymilk AND some soy powder, some cinnamon, banana, and blackberries (4 fruits) [Same old same old]
And now I'm sipping on some cold coffee with soymilk.

Comfort is akin to familiarity, with which comes convenience and budget planning.

I also take some vitamins AND a pressed tablet containing 4 vegetables (broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and carrots)

I try to avoid needless snacks; I'm too busy for the distraction that snacking is about.

RustyBus
Dec 30th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Breakfast - porridge made with water, and banana on top

Lunch - sandwiches with turkey style slices and cranberry chutney

dinner - vegetable stirfry with rice

(few bits of dark chocolate in between too ;))

Wildflower
Dec 31st, 2010, 12:46 AM
woke up at 12, so started with lunch

Lunch: leftover lentil loaf with roast carrots and rosemary mashed potatoes. coffee with vanilla almond milk.

Dinner: taco with guacamole, soy mince, pumpkin salsa, spicy olives and teese nacho cheese. blue corn chips on the side.

quite a few bites of rum ball cake as i make them for a new years eve party. :)

Risker
Dec 31st, 2010, 12:59 AM
Breakfast: Beef & Tomato flavoured pot noodle. (I know, I'm naughty)

Lunch: 2 slices of home made granary bread with pure spread. Satsuma, avocado, cranberry juice

Snack: Jokerz bar (vegan marathon bar)

Dinner: Home made vegetable hot pot (carrots, peas, tomatoes, cauliflower, potatoes etc.)

Snack: Bombay mix

All (intentionally) non organic.

Lars
Dec 31st, 2010, 06:28 AM
2 pieces of toast w/ nuttelex
a whole large bag of thai sweet chilli chips (i have a migraine, i'm alowed to indulge dammit)
a small bowl of cherry tomatoes w balsamic vinegar n salt
a small bowl of mushroom/tofu stew. this is my 2nd ever tofu recipe.. not sure i like the texture

Wildflower
Jan 2nd, 2011, 04:59 AM
breakfast: slice of toast with earth balance and fig spread. coffee with vanilla almond milk

brunch: pancakes with maple syrup and tempeh bacon

dinner: whole wheat pasta with asparagus, tomatoes, portabellas, onions, garlic, olive oil.

champagne and chocolates

fiamma
Jan 3rd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Vegan jam tart, espresso coffee

Seitan marinated with tamari and lemon juice, sauteed with cous cous
Clementines, banana

Coffee

Turnip tops, chard, spinach and chicory, cooked with chestnuts, apple and tamari
Green beans and seitan
2 apples

Licorice herbal tea

Wildflower
Jan 3rd, 2011, 03:38 AM
breakfast: cinnamon raisin sprouted grain toast with earth balance. coffee with vanilla almond milk

Lunch: 2 tacos made with soy meat, teese nacho cheese, pumpkin salsa, guacamole. blue corn chips.

dinner: tofurky vegan pizza - sausage and fire roasted veggie. hummus and crackers. black olives. pomegranate seeds.

RubyDuby
Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
can of pears
coffee with silk
handful pistacchios
broccoli cheese soup (leahey)
salad

dinner is supposed to be chickpea piccata from appetite for reduction...

emmapresley
Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
ive had a tin of cold spaghetti, i cant help it, its a vice with some mushrooms on top..i had a juice as well after a bit..celery beetroot and ginger. tbh i found it foul though the colour was really lush..that's be the beetroot. i struggled to finish it but if id've had fruit in a juice id've had to count it as 'syns' and i'm saving that fior an alpro choccy pud.

i had some linguuine and aubergine glop too.that was pretty yum.

vava
Jan 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
i had some linguuine and aubergine glop too.that was pretty yum.

Interesting that you have glop - I have slop we are clearly in the gastronome classes! Next thing you know we will be ladies wot lunch.

Wildflower
Jan 4th, 2011, 02:05 AM
breakfast: oatmeal with pomagranate seeds and vanilla almond milk. soy cappacino.

lunch: 2 clementines. leftover lentil loaf with roasted carrots

snack: soy latte and vanilla cashews

dinner: At a vegan place called Loving Hut! dumpings, bbq seiten, pho, few bites of carrot cake and chocolate cake. YUM.

VeganZee
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I have just eaten a slice of warm banana bread straight from my oven! yum!

twinkle
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I had soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The breakfast one was leftover lentil, potato and carrot from last night, with toast spread with a mixture of vitalite and cold smoked virgin rapeseed oil (for the omegas and also because it is DELICIOUS!), lunch was random soup with veg from the freezer and this evening's was the best - spinach and garlic thickened up with cornflour, soya milk and seasoned with cayenne. Yum! I have a feeling January is going to be very soupy indeed, I'd forgotten how nice it can be! :D

Oh yeah, and I had a clementine and some coffee. Also water.

Wildflower
Jan 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat bread with earth balance and fig spread. coffee with vanilla almond milk

Lunch: black bean soup. a roll. a vanilla cupcake (oops, this was bad of me!)

Dinner: was in class so snacked on 3 kalmata olives with hummus, a lemon luna bar and a clementine. I probably shouldn't have eaten at all after my 1000 calorie lunch! :eek: