PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

RubyDuby
Jan 5th, 2011, 01:59 PM
yesterday:
coffee
boca burger on wg roll- tom, onion, pickle, lettuce, ketchup
steak fries
soy latte
2 spring rolls
cabbage salad w vinegrette
thai dish- ginger veg with tofu (white rice)

Est
Jan 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM
B: rice krispies w/ soya milk and agave nectar
L: M&S wild rice, lentil and aubergine w/ garlic dressing, veg samosa, fresh fruit
D: the same again! But tomato and basil soup instead of fruit

Back-Space
Jan 5th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I had some toast this morning :) And a banana, apple and orange. I've been eating more fruit lately and feel less bogged down :p

twinkle
Jan 5th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Today I had the most disgusting muesli for breakfast! I had decided to soak it overnight, but the only dried fruit I had was some fruitcake mix which included mixed peel - BIG mistake, especially as I had rather ill advisedly also added grated carrot, and apple and boysenberry juice. I might just go back to packet mueslies for a while...

I ate rye crackers, soaked almonds, clementines and broth throughout the day at work, and for dinner I made more of the spinach and garlic soup I had yesterday, to which I added peas. And I had a medium sized bowl of crisps on the side :D And so ends the first proper day of my diet. I wonder how much weight I've lost? ;)

Wildflower
Jan 6th, 2011, 02:19 AM
breakfast: 2 slices of ezekial raisin toast, earth balance margarine. coffee with vanilla almond milk.

lunch: tofurky slices, black olives and a ton of hummus and baby carrots

dinner (more snacking really). 1/2 piece of vegan carrot cake, popcorn made with canola oil and earth balance. water.

memomow
Jan 6th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Breakfast: organic whole wheat spaghetti topped with homemade bolognese made of veg and yves ground
Lunch: slice of vegan pizza loaded with red peppers, white onions, artichoke hearts and some num white vegan cheese on a tomato sauce base
Snack: I chugged chocolate almond breeze right from the container when I got home
Dinner: split peas cooked until mush with lots of garlic and white wine vinegar. I sauteed dinosaur kale with more garlic and some extra virgin olive oil and then blended the two together. So freaking good! also a handful of crinkle cut fries for good measure :)
Snack: just thinking ahead here - either some vanilla flavored Coconut Bliss (if you haven't tried this product yet - RUN, don't walk to the store and get some, I assure you it's freaking delicious!) or apple wedges dipped in sunflower seed butter

Back-Space
Jan 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I just had some cereal for my.... midnight snack? :p Awake again at 2 in the morning again.... I don't get it.

twinkle
Jan 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Breakfast: organic whole wheat spaghetti topped with homemade bolognese made of veg and yves ground
Lunch: slice of vegan pizza loaded with red peppers, white onions, artichoke hearts and some num white vegan cheese on a tomato sauce base
Snack: I chugged chocolate almond breeze right from the container when I got home
Dinner: split peas cooked until mush with lots of garlic and white wine vinegar. I sauteed dinosaur kale with more garlic and some extra virgin olive oil and then blended the two together. So freaking good! also a handful of crinkle cut fries for good measure :)
Snack: just thinking ahead here - either some vanilla flavored Coconut Bliss (if you haven't tried this product yet - RUN, don't walk to the store and get some, I assure you it's freaking delicious!) or apple wedges dipped in sunflower seed butter

That all sounds fab! What is coconut bliss??

VeganZee
Jan 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
For breakfast I had: A cup of home-made soya yoghurt made with silken tofu, plain soya yoghurt, raspberries and strawberries. Then one weetabix with soya milk and kiwi, strawberries and raspberries. Mid morning I had a banana. For lunch: a brown seeded bread salad sandwich with lettuce, cucumber and tomato. A mug of marmite and a handful of nuts. Mid-afternoon: A mixed berry Trek bar, some red grapes and half and orange. (my three year old had the other half!). For dinner tonight I have: Creamy nut korma (from vegetarian feasts). The sauce is made with onion, garlic, ginger, cardamon, cumin, coriander, water, creamed coconut, ground almonds and lemon juice. To that I am adding carrots, sugar snap peas, cauliflower and broccali and serving with brown rice, followed by a slice of home-made banana bread :)

Est
Jan 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
B: Rice Kispies w/ soya milk and agave nectar
L: 2 packs of Tyrells sweet chilli and red pepper crisps (stuck in a client meeting with nothing else in their coffee shop!)
D: M&S super food shaker salad (all sorts of healthy green stuff in a pot with dressing), fresh fruit, tomato and basil soup... and I'm about to have toasted tea cakes w/ Pure spread.

veganwitch
Jan 7th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Hey Veganwitch! Haven't talked to you in awhile, hope you are doing well. Was wondering what brand of cheese you used in the quesadilla?

Hi Wildflower!!! **waves**. Sorry I only just saw this post. I've been trying to find my way back to VF but I'm still mostly AWOL....LOL. This time I used tofutti slices in the quesadillas, the mozzarella one. I've also used the american. And sometimes I use Follow Your Heart, either cheddar or mozzarella.

That fig spread you've been eating sounds good. Is it store bought? if so, what's the brand name?

Today:

2 bowls of kashi triple berry crisp cereal w/ soymilk
glass of oj
ww pasta w/ mock ricotta and sauce
"chick" parmesan patty
mashed butternut squash.
little bit of broccoli (it was overcooked and not very good)
few squares of chocolate
tea (black decaf, winter spice)

Daffodil
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
breakfast: small glass apple juice with couple of brazil nuts then a mug of hot marmite when i got to work
lunch: (early today) bowl of homemade stew (i have another one for later this afternoon)

JC
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Ooh, i haven't done one of these posts in donkeys!
Let's think...
B: sm bowl porridge made with water, mashed banana and super-berry compote
S: snack-a-jacks, salt and vinegar flavour (i'm so addicted to these, it's unbelievable...)
L: vegetarian sushi snack pack from dashi and 2 slices sprouted wheat and raisin bread topped with pear and prune fruit spread - the no sugar kind ;-)
D: japanese style tofu fillet and coleslaw-salad made from; carrots, tomato, flaked almonds, sunflower sprouts, liquid aminos, cider vinegar, red pepper, sojade natural, walnuts, miso paste. Booja-booja stuff in a tub - hunky punky chocolate - for dessert. Mmm.

Drinks throughout the day: water with ice and fresh lemon juice, wild berry tea, chai tea, peppermint tea.

Blueberries
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Breakfast: Toasted wholemeal bagel with buttery spread and avocado

Lunch: Green smoothie (spinach, ground chia seeds, berries, soya milk, grapefruit juice) and a massive salad with nuts/seeds/various fridge vegetables covered in yummy vinagrette

Dinner: Chips (actually more like wedges) with sausages and baked beans in a vegan pub here in Barcelona. Followed by a slice of sponge cake from another nearby vegan place.

Snack: Oat cakes with chocolate spread and peanut butter and jam.

Drinks: Coffee with soya milk, vanilla tea, grapefruit juice, water

twinkle
Jan 8th, 2011, 08:58 PM
breakfast: soaked almonds, peppermint tea

lunch: lentil soup with tomato, spinach and "ribbons" of carrot (my ex housemate showed me how to do these with a veg peeler - they're great becase they cook a little bit in a very short time but you still get a nice delicate crunch :) ), a small handful of salt and vinegar kettle chips.

Mid afternoon snack: Alpro caramel custard pot, clementine

Dinner: crackers and stuff! Ryvitas plus some lovely thin multigrain crackers, with either yeast extract or a silken tofu spread I made which had lots of garlic in - I now stink! :D and also some little gherkins

Daffodil
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
OMG what DIDN'T I eat today more like??? lol

B: 4 crumpets with pure spread and strawberry jam
pineapple juice
L: Homemade pizzas
D: Popadoms with mexican rice
3 cans of scrumpy jack
2 bars of tesco FF crispie choc

and it's only 9:30 I might have more lol!!

Glen Lambert
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Made some scones. Ate them. Delicious.

twinkle
Jan 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Did you have anything on your scones? Were they sweet or savoury? We need details! :)

Blueberries
Jan 8th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Twinkle: I love those little Alpro caramel custard pots! :D And how is that garlic/silken tofu spread?
Daffodil: How do you make hot Marmite? Is it just Marmite + boiling water in a mug? Is it a bit like miso soup?

What I ate today:

Breakfast: Toasted ww bagel with avocado and buttery spread

Lunch/Dinner: Massive salad with mushrooms, roasted red peppers, more avocado, Redwoods pepperoni, ground nuts/seeds, hummus and vinegar.
Green smoothie with spinach (can't get kale here, I miss it :() and spirulina, fruit juice and chia seeds

Snack: An entire box of Celtic chocolate 'Choices' caramels (in fairness there're only 12 in a box, I could probably eat plenty more!).

Drinks: Coffee, roobush tea (with soya milk), water

twinkle
Jan 8th, 2011, 11:01 PM
... how is that garlic/silken tofu spread?
An entire box of Celtic chocolate 'Choices' caramels (in fairness there're only 12 in a box, I could probably eat plenty more!).

The spread was pretty good, would have been even better if I'd been bothered to stick it in the food processor to smoothen it out, but what's not to like about tofu, garlic, cold-smoked rapeseed oil (my new favourite bringer-of-the-omegas), mustard and seasoning. Simple and effective! :)

Those caramel choices are great! I had to resist them the last time I was in Sainsburys because I'm on a diet and I'd have eaten the whole lot in a short time too! Have you tried the Celtic selection box? I keep hoping to see them on sale but they never are and I don't feel like I can justify about a fiver for something that size.

Festered
Jan 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
-brunch-fried mushroom , salad and cream 'cheese' wrap
-Dinner-sainsbury's instant noodle with extra chilli and ketchup
-Snack-carrot and celery sticks and salsa
-Snack-home made mashed potato

-Supper- some vegetable pie I had made and frozen that I reheated was nice I am impressed with mesen!
-two mini vegetable spring rolls-my housemate ordered those from't chinese take away
-More pie..

(can we tell I am hungover?)
Do any of yous get this hungry when hungover?!

vava
Jan 9th, 2011, 08:53 AM
e I am impressed with mesen!

Yorkie?

Glen Lambert
Jan 9th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Did you have anything on your scones? Were they sweet or savoury? We need details! :)

They were plain but I had some with 'vegan buttery thing' on and some with a rhubarb and ginger 'jam'. Om nom.

vava
Jan 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
rhubarb and ginger 'jam'. Om nom. oooooooooooooh!

Festered
Jan 10th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Yorkie?
Lol yes :)
I haven't been QUITE s'bad today.

Brunch -Home made soup,broccoli and chickpea, carrot and celery sticks and salsa
Dinner-Noodles with tomato sauce, parmezano and chilli
Might have somat else later.