PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

BlackCats
May 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM
D: will be what I call "Mediterranean bruschetta": sliced crusty bread drizzled with olive oil & toasted, topped with homemade hummus & a mix of chopped tomatoes & kalamata olives :D and a couple of glasses of red wine

*drools*:)

I have had 2 glasses of pineapple juice, a pot of green tea and a toasted bagel with pure spread so far.

I am going to have sausages, chips and salad for lunch with lots of red and brown sauce naturally.

RubyDuby
May 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
yesterday:
coffee coffee
steamed carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and celery with handful fresh parsley drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, garlic and herbs.
(i was trying to be healthy... then)
a giant burrito filled with tofu, rice, lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, olives, cucumbers and cilantro
chips with guac, chips with salsa.
snacked on chips all night
few fig bars
few glasses wine.

SnowyWhite
May 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yesterday:

Green tea
Peach soya yogurt
Apple juice
Sandwich with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lemon and coriander houmous and mustard
Some leftover chilli
Glass of Chardonnay
'Chicken nuggets' and potato wedges

Lots of water. Some mango juice.

fondducoeur
May 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Yesterday was a junk food day at my sister's graduation:
coffee
lots of freshly made guacamole and chips
smoky corn risotto
fresh fruit (mangoes, blackberries, grapes, pinapple)
2 beers

Julilla
May 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
muesli with rice milk, banana

3 slices of sourdough bread with tahini, spinach salad with carrot
apple, some hazelnuts

stir-fried mushrooms, carrot, onions and spinach with millet
apple, some hazelnuts and raisins

some cups of herbal tea

maidenofthewell
May 26th, 2009, 11:13 PM
i went to the gym today, it was way more fun than i ever imagined and turned me into an eating machine which is good for me :-)

B: Oat porridge with homemade rice milk, ground almonds and a pinch of stevia
S: Some strawberries, blueberries and a couple of brazil nuts
L: Rice salad with aubergine, cherry tomatos, mushrooms, onion, tamari
S: Berry Cheeky nak'd bar
D: Veggie soup and another berry cheeky nak'd bar (All I had in since I'm never usually still hungry after finishing a meal!)
S: A few more strawberries

I could actually eat more now but...its getting a bit too late. And they say exercise makes you lose weight...

Kitteh
May 27th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Yest'day
B: narna, pear, teeccino w/ rice milk
M: narna, green smoothie (baby spinach, 3 narnas)
L: a salad sammige on gf bread, ginger lemon tea
A: mandarin, ginger lemon tea
D: 2 gf tortillas with onions, tomato, red capsicum, broccoli, green beans and avocado, ginger lemon tea

Sarabi
May 27th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I've been eating more raw and also less and just healthier in general lately... today I started my vegan outreach internship with Compassion Over Killing, and DAMN I felt unhealthy while there. Hahaha.... the bagel was okay, but too much... but I felt like I had to finish it. Bagel with tofutti better than cream cheese.... SO GOOD. And healthy. But then they brought in the pizza. Pizza??? I was like... this is anything but raw.

Yeah. Then the Executive Director told me that Dr. Gregor or whatever his name is advises against raw veganism .............. whatever. Raw makes me feel good. I personally advise against pizza. Particularly cooked pizza. Yuck. It makes me feel yucky.

Lifeonmars
May 27th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Oatmeal with soy milk
peanuts
banana
chocolate chip cookies
wild rice with tomato sauce
cookie dough ice cream and preztels
tortilla chips and salsa
(not a very healthy day)

Korn
May 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Wouldn't this thread be more interesting for more people if it would not contain food lists from days where the posters were eating either junk-ish food, or were eating almost nothing? These threads also sometimes grow very long, and I wonder if there's a need to list how many beers people have been drinking/intend to drink...

speedylemons
May 27th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Wouldn't this thread be more interesting for more people if it would not contain food lists from days where the posters were eating either junk-ish food, or were eating almost nothing? These threads also sometimes grow very long, and I wonder if there's a need to list how many beers people have been drinking/intend to drink...

That's the point of the thread. :smile: Unless someone is clearly eating very little each day [say, a piece of celery and loads of diet coke or something] yet continues to post it every day, I don't see the need to censor anyone's intake lists. Junk food or healthy food, I like this thread. It's one of my favorites. I like reading about everyday life and eating. I don't think it matters if someone lists that they had a few beers. This is one thread that routinely brings me back to TVF.. so I think it should stay just how it is. :D

BlackCats
May 27th, 2009, 08:46 AM

I like looking at what other normal vegan people eat.:o I sometimes get ideas about meals from here as well. I always think people who are thinking about turning vegan might read through these threads and get ideas about what foods they can have as most people I tell that I am vegan the first question is "what do you eat?":rollseyes_ani::D

Korn
May 27th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I like looking at what other normal vegan people eat.:o I sometimes get ideas about meals from here as well. I always think people who are thinking about turning vegan might read through these threads and get ideas about what foods they can have as most people I tell that I am vegan the first question is "what do you eat?":rollseyes_ani::D

Sure...

Kitteh
May 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
But Korn, isn't the point to list what you ate, no matter what it was, junky or healthy? You could just cut the thread off every 10 pages?

And for me today
B: pear, narna, teeccino w/ rice milk
M: green smoothie (baby spinach, 3 narnas), ginger lemon tea
L: salad sammige on gf bread, ginger lemon tea
A: a few pringles, tea w/ rice milk
D: 2 pces gf toast w/ pb and raspberry jam

Cherry
May 27th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I agree. I find it really interesting reading what 'normal' people eat. I think we all aspire to be healthy, but if I were only allowed to post on here when I'd had an exemplary day, I don't think I ever could :o Also, I think people would just miss the unhealthier things out if they felt pressured, and that wouldn't be an accurate representation of what they'd eaten. Occasionally I even post on here if I've had a particularly UNhealthy day, just as a sort of confession and a promise to do better tomorrow - and so other people can think 'well at least I've had a healthier day than Cherry!'.

br: some new potatoes, green beans, lettuce, tomato and a fry's chicken-style burger (which I toasted, because my gas oven's being a bit temperamental).

I know, a strange breakfast but a bowl of muesli didn't seem enough and a big scrambled tofu/sausages/rashers fry-up seemed too much just for me. Dinner will be dependent on what comes in my veggie box today.

RubyDuby
May 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM

Doesn't being pretentious add to the whole vegan stereotype?

Besides one of the main arguments against veganism is "it's too hard... I could never eat like that"...

RubyDuby
May 27th, 2009, 12:07 PM
yesterday:

coffee coffee
2 generic fig newtons
boca chick'n sandwich on ww multi grain roll
salad- iceberg lettuce, blk olives, baby corn, mushrooms, spring onion, broccoli with pineapple duck sauce.
coconut curry over veg lo mein.
veg spring rolls

helen105281
May 27th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Today:

Breakfast: smoothie (banana, peach, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, spinach and an Alpro strawberry yoghurt)

Tea

Crisps and diet coke (I slipped up after a very stressful journey to work)

Lunch: scrambled tofu and potato wedges

Not sure what dinner will be.

Ms_Derious
May 27th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Yesterday
Breakfast: Couscous Porridge
Snack: Licorice
Lunch: Pitta Bread, Chickpea Pate, Tomato, Lettuce
Snack: Soynuts
Dinner: Broccoli & Chilli Pasta + Tomato & Basil Pinwheels
Dessert: Pear and Ginger tart in a sourdough crust

SnowyWhite
May 27th, 2009, 03:24 PM
^what's Couscous porridge Ms Derious?? Sounds interesting :)

Yesterday:

Cherry soya yogurt
Pesto spaghetti with red onion, green pepper and red chilli
Glass of Chardonnay
Sliced cucumber and yellow pepper with reduced fat houmous
Mango juice

Lots of water.

nicfran42
May 27th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Today:
B: 5 rice cakes withe jam, banana and a pear
L: Nakd bar, banana
S: apple, pear, small banana
D: 3 rice cakes with marmite, apple, pear, banana and soya yogurt.

cobweb
May 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM
bran flakes
2 pc toast with yeast extract and yeast flakes
2 crackers with cheezly
mini roasties, cabbage and 2 LM sausages

pavotrouge
May 27th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I've been forgetting to eat in the last couple of day O_O !

today I've had:

a bowl of rice soup

2 ginger coconut cookies

usually, that's half my breakfast!

Enchantress
May 27th, 2009, 08:21 PM
So far today I've had:
Blueberries.
Hummus and avocado sandwich.
Hummus and lettuce sandwich.
Nut cutlet. Boiled potatoes. Lettuce, cucumber, tomato and spring onion.
Glass of white wine.

maidenofthewell
May 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Dessert: Pear and Ginger tart in a sourdough crust
That sounds nice!!

Today...
B: Rice porridge made in rice milk with walnuts, nutmeg and cinnamon (from a recipe I found online which also included chestnuts, but I didn't have any...would have been so good with chestnuts though!)
S: A strawberry & a couple of blueberries with pumpkin seed yogurt
L: Potato, cauliflower, parsnip, turnip mashed up, 1/2 avocado, some cherry tomatoes
S: Berry cheeky nakd bar
D: Kombu&veggie bake, 1/2 avocado, a few blueberries