PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

RubyDuby
Jan 10th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I like your sig, Festered. :)

Today:

tofu salad (mashed tofu, olives, veganaise, black salt) on Ezekiel toast
coffee with very vanilla Silk
2 fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce
3 pieces pickled veg sushi roll
bowl veg udon noodle soup
1 papodom with tamarind sauce
4 pieces spinach pakara
3/4 tandoor roti
1/2 serving chana palak on basmati rice

veganwitch
Jan 10th, 2011, 05:38 AM
toasted sesame bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
small bowl of brown rice w/ kidney beans sauteed w/ onion, tomatoes, and spices
glass of cranberry-blueberry juice
boca burger on ww bun w/ cheese, tomato, lettuce, vegenaise, ketchup, relish, onion
fries w/ vinegar, ketchup, vegenaise
bakes beans
mashed butternut squash
can of cola (think this was the first one I'd had in at least 10 years)
few chocolate chip cookies
teas (black decaf, echinacea, chocolate raspberry, rooibos orange-vanilla)

Festered
Jan 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Lol yes :)
I haven't been QUITE s'bad today.

Brunch -Home made soup,broccoli and chickpea, carrot and celery sticks and salsa
Dinner-Noodles with tomato sauce, parmezano and chill
i
Might have somat else later.
I had a veggie burger mashed up in a cup with some salsa!

I like your sig, Festered. :)

Thank you!
Not been s'bad today. Just eaten soup all day!

RubyDuby
Jan 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM
leftover soup
lots of coffee/soy milk
leftover chana palak
handful pistachios
pb&j on ezekiel
salad with broiled tofu, and a Twilight bar for dinner.

Wildflower
Jan 11th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Hi Wildflower!!! **waves**. Sorry I only just saw this post. I've been trying to find my way back to VF but I'm still mostly AWOL....LOL. This time I used tofutti slices in the quesadillas, the mozzarella one. I've also used the american. And sometimes I use Follow Your Heart, either cheddar or mozzarella.

That fig spread you've been eating sounds good. Is it store bought? if so, what's the brand name?

Yeah, I've been a bit AWOL too, trying to post here more often.

I got the fig spread at Whole Foods and it is Whole Foods Market Organic Adriatic Fig spread. They were all around the store (by the wine, by the olive bar, by the registers) between Thanksgiving and New Years in little glass jars with an orange top. I stocked up! :) Super yummy, you should look for it.

Wildflower
Jan 11th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Today:

Breakfast: Cinnamon Raisin ezekial bread with earth balance. coffee with vanilla almond milk.

1/2 of my lunch at 10:30 (before going for a run at lunchtime) - slice of homemade pizza with artichokes, black olives and veggie pepperoni. clementine.

1/2 of my lunch at 1:30 - salad with tofu, avacado dressing, herb mix, grape tomatoes, green peppers. clementine

Snack: Chocolate Chunk Luna Bar

Dinner: vegan ravioli stuffed with artichokes and olives, with a marina sauce to which I added herbed green olives, artichokes and veggie pepperoni. An absolute ton of grilled asparagus.

Dessert: 3 Newman Os and vanilla almond milk

Damn, I ate a lot today! This was supposed to be day 1 of being back on my diet...I was at about a 1000 calories before dinner and cookies. Oy.

Back-Space
Jan 11th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Screwed up my healthy diet yesterday :( Just started eating and couldn't stop. Had 12 slices of toast... Opened up a bag of chocolate chips and had a few handfulls of them, and 4 hashbrowns, among other things :p Likely 3500 calories over the course of the day. Gotta make up for that today.

veganwitch
Jan 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I got the fig spread at Whole Foods and it is Whole Foods Market Organic Adriatic Fig spread. They were all around the store (by the wine, by the olive bar, by the registers) between Thanksgiving and New Years in little glass jars with an orange top. I stocked up! Super yummy, you should look for it.

I will definitely look for that! The closest WF is an hour away so I don't get there to often and when I do I always spend a small fortune...lol.

Today:

toasted pumpernickel bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
brazil nuts and dates
glass of orange-mango juice
slice of oat nut bread w/ roasted pepper hummus
tofu scramble w/ onions, red peppers, spinach
tater tots w/ ketchup
lightlife sausage patties
strawberries
english muffin w/ earth balance and marmalade
glass of cranberry-blueberry juice
1/2 grapefruit
teas (black decaf, peppermint-mate, green chai w/ creamer, orange-vanilla rooibos)

RubyDuby
Jan 12th, 2011, 12:57 PM
yesterday:

ww everything bagel w tofutti herb & chive cream cheese
soy latte
1/2 Buccaneer bar
steamed broccoli
"Reuben" made open-face with tempeh, Daiya cheese and homemade thousand Island (on 2 slices Ezekiel toast)
popcorn with Red Hot and nutritional yeast

today:

a banana
1/2 coffee 1/2 Silk
clif mountain mojo
mushroom knish
salad- lettuce, carrot, nooch, broiled tofu, sweet onion dressing
handful pistachios
2 Tofurkey sausages on Ezekiel w mustard
brussels sprouts.

Back-Space
Jan 12th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Had a tofurky sausage for lunch today. Might have another one for dinner :p They leave a great after-taste. I had 2 slices of toast for breakfast, with a small bowl of oatmeal and raisins and some fruit for snacks through out the day :)

Back-Space
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Made myself an... interesting... supper :p It was chopped up brussel sprouts, asparagus, corn, peas, and white kidney beans turned into a soup/stew kind of thing :rolleyes: I was hungry and lazy so I just kind of threw it all into a pot and cooked it like that. It wasn't half bad though. The corn and the beans overpowered the taste of the brussel sprouts :) It was easy to make, nice and salty, very filling, and pretty healthy too :)

veganwitch
Jan 13th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Yesterday:

dried figs and walnuts
toasted blueberry bagel with tofutti cream cheese
bowl of homeade vegetable soup (carrots, scallions, mushrooms, kale)
roll with earth balance
an apple
crackers with "cheddar" spread
boca chicken patty on ww roll w/ vegenaise, tomato, lettuce, balsamic dressing
dill pickle
potato chips
chocolate chip cookies
teas (black decaf, peppermint mate, green chai w/ creamer, candy cane lane)

RubyDuby
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:46 PM
banana
soy latte
roasted sweet potato
2 of those little onions marinated in oil (plus 2 more later)
grilled cheese w Tofurkey slices and vegenaise (Ezekiel, Daiya and Smart Balance)
1/2 Buccaneer bar
soup (quinoa, tvp, green beans, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, cannelini beans, onions, shallots, Rapunzel bouillon)

Night_Owl
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:24 AM
My system has been in an uproar for some reason so I have been eating light and trying to go easy on spices, acidic foods and fiberous things. Just until my digestive system gets back to normal.

I had some rice and green beans,bread,almond breeze,and vegan cake roll. Now I need to cook something for tonight. Not sure what. Maybe sweet potato.

veganwitch
Jan 14th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Yesterday:

brazil nuts and dried figs
toasted sesame bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese and raspberry jam
slice of bread with garlic hummus
homeade tvp burger with ketchup
mashed potatoes
sauteed zucchini squash with lemon pepper
several squares of sweet dark chocolate
teas (cinnamon vanilla, orange-vanilla rooibos, black decaf)

twinkle
Jan 14th, 2011, 06:41 PM
B: 50g soaked almonds
L: Tofu with pickled onions and mustard, smushed up and served on ryvitas. Nicer than it sounds :)
after work: a vanilla provamel custard pot.
D: garlicky lentil soup with carrots, spinach, peas and mushrooms. Mmmm!

RubyDuby
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM
so far today i've had coffee w silk, a clif bar, a banana and 3/4 of a large pizza! I even brought a bowl of healthy soup from yesterday but bought pizza anyway. :/

veganwitch
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
^ Sounds like a good choice to me.....hahahaha....I say that as I'm sitting here eating french fries

megrainbows
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:23 PM
two slices of toast with pure margarine
bento lunch with totoro shaped onigiri (vegan cheese slices eyes, nori mouth and features), broccoli, crispy fried sesame tofu, cherry tomatoes
Linda McCartney pie, potato croquetes, peas
mexican chilli soup
homemade chocolate brownies

twinkle
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
bento lunch with totoro shaped onigiri (vegan cheese slices eyes, nori mouth and features)

Did you take a pic? that sounds cute!

RubyDuby
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM
^ Sounds like a good choice to me.....hahahaha....I say that as I'm sitting here eating french fries

yeah, it turned into a whole pizza, and then we went out to eat and had bbq tempeh, mashed sweet potato and the best chard I've ever had (plus 2 dumplings). :o

I'll be a good girl today. :D

emmapresley
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:31 PM
28 grammes of my mothers homemade muesli..what was the point in that? a borrowers banquet wouldve been more.
a pint of coffee.
garlic homemade chips, dry stir fried sprouts leftover from christmas, and so much asparagus cos it was being sold off in morrissons for 19p a bunch.
i feel like gnawing the walls.

RubyDuby
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
you should have a sandwich or something, emmap. The walls probably aren't very good for your digestive system.

Today:
soy latte
leftover soup (quinoa, tvp, green beans, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, cannelini beans, onions, shallots, Rapunzel bouillon)
several servings chana masala and aloo mattar over cucumber and tomato salad
ww roti
various pakora

veganwitch
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM
yesterday:

dried figs and brazil nuts
homeade tvp burger on ww bun with vegenaise, tomato, red onion, lettuce
huge amount of french fries with vinegar, ketchup, vegenaise
blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
lightlife sausage patties
teas (black decaf, cranberry pomegranate, peppermint mate, chocolate raspberry)

twinkle
Jan 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I'm trying to make tofu and spinach balls that I can bake for dinner. Well they were meant to go with my lunchtime salad, but I can't get them to bind very well, even though I stirred 50g porridge oats in while I was cooking the spinach, and I don't have any breadcrumbs. Does anyone know if ground flax would work as a binder? (I'm sure this isn't the right place to post this really, but it *is* about what I hope to eat today!

So far I've had almonds for brunch, followed by a big bowl of salad with some Finn Crisp rye crackers, and I've just had an Alpro black cherry yoghurt. Dinner will hopefully be the aforementioned balls, although I may bake them in silicone muffin cases if they persist in being soggy, and... I'm not sure what will go with that, maybe some garlic mushrooms.