PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

RubyDuby
Jan 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, flax works as a binder if you mix ground seeds with a Tbs or so of water and blend them well with an immersion blender or similar.

cobweb
Jan 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Breakfast
1/4 of a Mama Cucina Strawberry Cheesecake
2 slices toast and marg

Lunch
Croissants and Cakes

Dinner
2 LM Sausages
Roasties
Cabbage and Carrots

Snack
A whole box of 'Choices' Caramels

(*am trying to show myself what I'm really eating and change it!*)

Blueberries
Jan 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM
The spread was pretty good, would have been even better if I'd been bothered to stick it in the food processor to smoothen it out, but what's not to like about tofu, garlic, cold-smoked rapeseed oil (my new favourite bringer-of-the-omegas), mustard and seasoning. Simple and effective! :)

Those caramel choices are great! I had to resist them the last time I was in Sainsburys because I'm on a diet and I'd have eaten the whole lot in a short time too! Have you tried the Celtic selection box? I keep hoping to see them on sale but they never are and I don't feel like I can justify about a fiver for something that size.

I haven't tried the selection box yet actually, for the same reason, that I'm not sure if I can justify spendng €7/€8! You're really lucky that you can get them in the supermarket. Even though the Celtic choices stuff is made in Ireland, it's so hard to find! The only shop I've ever seen it in is in the airport, so I always buy a box of them, or maybe a couple of bars, when I'm waiting around in duty-free.
And you're right, there is very little to dislike about that garlic spread, it's sounds pretty tasty! I may give it a try one of these days!

Blueberries
Jan 16th, 2011, 09:36 PM
L: Tofu with pickled onions and mustard, smushed up and served on ryvitas. Nicer than it sounds :)

That sounds amazing!!! :eek:

fiamma
Jan 16th, 2011, 10:36 PM
2 vegan brioches
2 bananas
A bit of tapioca pudding
Coffee
Bowl of bean soup and bread
Bread and vegan nutella.
Urgh.

RubyDuby
Jan 16th, 2011, 10:42 PM
today:

soy latte
waffles with smart balance and maple syrup
a clif bar
veggie sushi roll made with soy wrappers instead of nori (carrots, green beans, dill pickle, soy sauce)
marinated tempeh sandwich with lots of grilled onions and vegenaise
stir-fried green beans and mushrooms with fresh ginger and garlic.

Clueless Git
Jan 17th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Sunday Lunch ...

Roast potatos, runner beans, carrots, roasted veg comprising of Butternut squash, roasted red and green peppers, garlic and green chili as side dishes.

Homemade pie of onion, peas and wild mushrooms seasoned and 'herbed' with chives in a puff pastry in roast veg gravy.

Very yummy! :)

veganwitch
Jan 17th, 2011, 06:46 AM
1/4 of a Mama Cucina Strawberry Cheesecake
Croissants and Cakes
A whole box of 'Choices' Caramels
(*am trying to show myself what I'm really eating and change it!*)

I don't see anything to change there. THAT is my kind of eating!!

Today:

bowl of panda puff cereal w/ soymilk
2 veggie dogs, grilled w/ vegenaise, on ww buns w/ ketchup, mustard, relish
skewer w/ mushrooms, onions, red pepper, tomatoes, bbq sauce
veggie chips (crisps)
macaroni and cheese
brussel sprouts
2 rolls w/ earth balance
newman creme cookies
teas (black decaf, ginger)

Glen Lambert
Jan 17th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I had something that I christened 'The Everything but the Kitchen Sink' noodle soup. It looked awful and you'd think that the ingredients would make it inedible but it was delicious.

Ingredients as best as I can remember were: Noodles, mushrooms, aubergine, chopped courgette, red and yellow peppers, green beans, chickpeas, spinach, water chestnuts and home-made five spice and herb dumplings. The broth was a whole bunch of spices thrown in at random and the whole lot took about five minutes to prep and about 30 mins to cook on medium heat.

...and there's more for tomorrow. Oh yes.

Festered
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Yesterday-I decided to diet then changed my mind! I had two bowls of low cal soup-then returned home from work and made fried noodles with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and loads of stock/garlic/spices/chilli...

Today I have been a bit good though. Just had bowls of low cal soup and a huge salad with loads of veg, lettuce, fine-cut carrots and dressing

RubyDuby
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I've had a nervous stomach the past 2 days so haven't eaten much.

Yesterday:
clif bar
coffee w Silk
about a cup of salad
barbecue tofu
onion rings
corn

today:
coffee and soy milk
a clif bar
going out for a celebration dinner when I get off work.

Will pig out tomo. :D

fiamma
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Vegan chocolate croissant
2 espressos
1 barley "coffee"

Salad with lettuce, radicchio rosso, valeriana and rocket, carrot, tomato, smoked tofu, tamari and flax oil
2 kamut crispbread with raisins
Fennel tea

1 plate bean soup
Chard sauteed with olive oil and tamari
Apple
Soya yogurt

veganwitch
Jan 22nd, 2011, 07:51 AM
hot quinoa flakes cereal with diced apple, dates, walnuts, cinnamon, maple syrup, soymilk
gimme lean "beef" patty with melted cheese & ketchup
mashed potatoes
steamed broccoli w/ balsamic dressing
baby carrots with earth balance & cinnamon
glass of apple juice
2 clementines
chocolate chip cookies
veggie chips (crisps)
teas (mayan cocoa spice, lavender, black decaf, candy cane lane, white christmas)

Festered
Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
I dieted Tues, Wed, Thurs then the weekend have made up for my low calness (I am now 1lb off my target weight, yay!)
Friday, I had two cups of soup at work, got home early for a change (good, but was due to an emergency doctor's app, not so good!) Had a wrap with salsa, vegan marg, salad and some leftover chilli stuff, dipped in ketchup. Then I made potato wedges with loads of spices and more ketchup. Then I had two bowls of salad-went to bed early after some ciders!

Sat-I made two pizzas! I promised Jim I would cook him a pizza but think it's a waste to just make one dish. So I made two pizzas with cheezly, home made tomato sauce, chillis, mushrooms, tomatoes and some cheatin' pepperoni and turkey slices. I had some of the leftover base whilst the pizza cooked, dipped in salsa.
I went out, had too much wine, returned home and ate the leftover pizza from Jim's tucking into it! And had some fried noodles with veg (fat git, I know!)
Today I have not felt hungry yet-just had lots of coffee and been for a run to make up for the stuffing my face!xx

Okay hunger struck-and I made and nibbled at whilst making-potato cakes, small portion of my home-made wedges,a huge bowl of salad, a slice of leftover pizza,loads of ketchup..back on't diet wagon tomorrow I is..

RubyDuby
Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
you're making me hungry with the pizza and fried noodles!

Yesterday:
espresso with soy milk
leftover couscous, tomatoes and green beans
seitan steak with bbq sauce
baked potato with marg and salt
broiled tofu
stir-fried chard
leftover steak in sandwich with Ezekiel toast and vegenaise

today:
espresso w soy milk
homemade waffles with marg and maple syrup
tofu salad sandwich on Ezekiel
dinner will be a big salad with lettuce, artichoke hearts, onions, blk olives, carrots, chickpeas, and sweet onion dressing
eta:
scratch that... dinner will be pizza, with oil & herbs, garlic, onions, mushrooms, olives and Daiya mozzarella.

twinkle
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Haven't felt at all hungry today, but don't want my body to go into some stupid starvation mode...dieting is wierd.

Breakfast - home made wholemeal roll with Vitalite mixed with smoked rapeseed oil (I was under the impression that all marge in this country has to be fortified with vitamin D by law, but I couldn't see any on the ingredients when I checked?! Had a Veg1 vitamin pill as well, so I suppose that'll take care of it).

Lunch - half a melon

Dinner - lentil, spinach and pea soup and another half a wholemeal roll with spread.

snacks through the day - soaked almonds (about 40g) and a few Finn Crisp multi grain crackers.

Drinks - coffee, rooibos tea with vanilla, water and fruit juice.

What a crap day! Still, I haven't had any exercise either :(

Gwydion
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
2 x chocolate biscuits + 1 x hobnob
Grapes
6 x mini doughnuts
Haha veggie bar burger with houmous
Maoz Meal (falafel, aubergine & houmous in pita with all the trimmings + salads, chips and coke
More beer and coffee then I can care to recall

*drops dead*

fondducoeur
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:17 AM
low fat blueberry/ cranberry muffin
health is wealth buffalo wings
1 sliced tomato
few mike and ike's
peanut pasta salad with veggies and tempeh over mixed greens

veganwitch
Jan 24th, 2011, 05:45 AM
english muffin with pnb and raspberry jam
sandwich (peppered and hickory smoked tofurkey, vegenaise, lettuce, hickory smoked cheese spread on toasted bread)
grape tomatoes
herb seasoned popcorn
sparkling cider
mock chicken breast w/ bbq sauce
roasted veggies (potatoes, baby carrots, onions, green peppers, butternut squash)
newman pnb creme cookies
teas (mangosteen superfruit, chai, black decaf)

gothdragon911
Jan 24th, 2011, 05:12 PM
todays food plan:

breakfast - total cals: 140
2 cup kamut puffs (100 cals. 50 a cup), half cup of unsweet.van.almond milk (20 cals), sugarfree rockstar can (20 cals)

snack- total cals: 120
9 rice cakes (40 cals for 3 cakes, 120 for 9 cakes)

lunch- total cals: 340
1 cup of beans (80 cals for 1/2 cup, 1 cup 160), tortila wholewheat wrap (90 cals), 2 tblespon salsa in beans (10 cals), bowl of garden veggies (80 cals)

snack- total cals: 105
love force vegan granola flax bread (105 cals)

dinner- total cals: 215
shitakir tofu noodles (40 cals), garden veggies (4o cals for 2 cups), 30 brussel sprouts (45 cals for 10, 45 x 3)

snack- total cals: 180
fruit bowl, (1 cup of mangoe 100 cals, 2 cups of starwberries 80 cals)

Festered
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:22 AM
you're making me hungry with the pizza and fried noodles!

I'm making me fat with them!
I was good today. Lots of soup at work, got home, small bit of bread, a tiny handful of crisps (chips) , a huge bowl of home -made low cal soup ('fried' some red peppers in stock, whizzed in a blender with non-dairy creamer, can of tomatoes, spices, herbs, chilli) 3 microwaved popadums, small bit of pizza dough (oops) x

fondducoeur
Jan 25th, 2011, 01:30 AM
shitakir tofu noodles
Are those any good?

Today:
blueberries
peanut butter chocolate chip larabar
peanut noodle salad over mixed greens
big salad with greens, garbanzos, veggies, low fat balsamic
1/2 package baked tofu
grapes

RubyDuby
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:52 PM
yesterday:

1/2 coffee, half soy milk
handful pistacchios
leftover pizza- ww crust, oil and herbs, garlic, onions, mushrooms, olives, cheese
tofu salad on Ezekiel toast
big salad- iceberg lettuce, carrots, onions, pickles, olives, beets, chickpeas, onion dressing

my breath must've been lovely...

lortaylove
Jan 25th, 2011, 07:27 PM
i had kettle chips with humous for lunch, yes i know, not very healthy lol but Tuesday is mine and my sister's snacks and movies afternoon. i've made vegan sausage rolls for dinner though, with noodles (vegan ones of course!) :)

drinks wise i've had pepsi max, tropicana grape juice and some soya choc milkshake :) considering a cup of tea with rice milk now ^_^

fondducoeur
Jan 26th, 2011, 03:39 AM
blueberries
pb choc. chip larabar
peanut pasta salad with garbanzos and mixed greens
rice crackers
grapes
baked ziti with tvp and daiya mozzarella
steamed broccoli