PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Ms_Derious
May 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
^what's Couscous porridge Ms Derious?? Sounds interesting :)

Mostly adapted from one of Sarah Kramers books, but it's kind drifted, the way recipes do in my house.

It's basically couscous cooked in whatever non-dairy milk I have running about, and I throw in some dried or frozen fruit... and maybe some cinnamon, or perhaps maple syrup. It's one of those 'Huh, what's closest to hand' things :)

Pob
May 27th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Sooooo much!

b: Pack of sugarsnap peas, grapes, banana.

l: Leftover braised tofu and mushroom pasta, big bowl of salad, part baked french stick (after baking), 3 satsumas, banana, yoghurt, choc dessert.

d: Stir fried veg and mock duck, with soy sauce, chilli and 5-spice. Spinach noodles, Thai crackers. Strawberry/Raspberry jelly with fruit and ice cream.

Karmalife
May 27th, 2009, 11:07 PM
B: Whole Wheat toast w/ avocado
Lunch: Edamame w/ boca patty
Snack: 1/2 Apple
Post Workout: Peaceful Planet soy shake w/ unsweetened Soy milk and Super reds

Dinner: TBD but probably tofu w/ veggies and Quinoa

fondducoeur
May 28th, 2009, 01:37 AM
everything bagel with hummus
1/2 an avocado
coffee
chickpea chili burrito, vegan nachos, pennsyltucky fried tofu (shared all this with my bf)

Karmalife
May 28th, 2009, 02:54 AM
everything bagel with hummus
1/2 an avocado
coffee
chickpea chili burrito, vegan nachos, pennsyltucky fried tofu (shared all this with my bf)

Girl....
Your meals sound delicious! Everything bagles ROCK!
As for dinner, was that out or home-made? What kind of vegan cheese do you use for you nachos?

I just finished eating but your list made me salivate...

Korn
May 28th, 2009, 06:59 AM
That's the point of the thread. :smile:

When the first thread of this kind were started (it was lost in the big crash in "Veganforum 1"), it was mentioned that the idea behind the thread was to give others ideas and inspiration for what they can eat. Later we've had a couple of discussions about the purpose of the thread, eg. after a couple of members with eating disorders posted what they ate that - which was more or less nothing.

Unless someone is clearly eating very little each day [say, a piece of celery and loads of diet coke or something] yet continues to post it every day, I don't see the need to censor anyone's intake lists.
These threads have normally been used actively by people who post what they eat many times, and the results is that people who want ideas for new meals etc have to read through a lot of posts with more or less similar info. I'm not suggesting any kind of censoring, but if someone ate eg. 2 slices of bread instead of 3 one day, I'm pretty sure most visitors won't get much out of that - so if we can make the thread more interesting for more people (or split the thread; see below), why not do it?

But Korn, isn't the point to list what you ate, no matter what it was, junky or healthy?Not in the beginning, but people can of course interpret the point of this thread as they wish.

Also, I think people would just miss the unhealthier things out if they felt pressured, and that wouldn't be an accurate representation of what they'd eaten. I don't think people who look for ideas an inspiration for new things to try out wouldn't worry if a poster didn't post an accurate representation of what they eaten.... ;-)

Doesn't being pretentious add to the whole vegan stereotype? Asking if we eg. can skip the repetitions or skip mentioning eg. how many beers people have had, or skip posting if someone almost had no food one day isn't about being pretentious! :-) It's only about how we can make the threads better, and also about considering if we simply could do what we discussed a few years ago - split the threads in two, and have a chit-chatty version and an 'idea/inspiration' version.

One side effect of having this thread is that useful and interesting meal ideas aren't posted in the 'Vegan dinner ideas' (etc) threads much. That's kind of too bad, because I for one, do read these short threads but don't have time to read through the long What did you eat today-threads. I'd simply prefer to deal with a shorter thread if I'd look for meal ideas - this would mean less scrolling (etc) - but I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't have this kind of thread as well. We already have more than 17,000 posts in the What Did You Eat Today-threads, and in one way or another, it would be nice if more of the meal ideas mentioned here made it into shorter, 'on-bloggish threads about Lunch/Breakfast/Dinner ideas.

Korn
May 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I've moved this thread over to a new subforum ("User Group") now. The first circa 17,000 posts will remain in the Food & Recipes area. This (and other bloggish threads) will continue in this new subforum.

In other words: just continue this thread in whatever way you wish, but please also contribute to the various other threads we have (see below) in the normal Food/Recipe section, where meal ideas are only posted once. Thanks!

Favorite vegan breakfast (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6)
Vegan lunch ideas (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2908)
List: Favourite vegan food (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4019)
Vegan dinner ideas (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19306)
Food you eat really often? (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22374)
Vegan snacks (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2870)

speedylemons
May 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
When I eat something new and exciting that has a chance of being palatable to others, I'll post in one of those threads. :lol: I've been in a rut lately. I blame my microscopic kitchen and lack of lover kitchen partner.

Today:

Brown rice with raw okra, natto, green onions, shredded nori and laver.
Half a pink grapefruit

A large carrot and two cucumbers

2 large apples :o

Zucchini "fries" [zucchini cut into wedges, broiled..]

Enormous salad. Absolutely huge. Boston lettuce, frisee, red & yellow pepper, avocado, basil, tomato & a random tofu concoction cooked in a pan [smooshed tofu, pure soy milk, turmeric, paprika, cumin & salt].

Stir fried bean sprouts & spinach with onions, ginger, shoyu, paprika & pepper.

SnowyWhite
May 28th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I will try to make more interesting dishes too, now the exams are over I have more time, until I find a job for summer... :satisfied:

Yesterday: (not very exciting!)
Coco pops with soya milk
Green tea
Creamy mushroom penne pasta (in Mono, Glasgow)
Half a bottle of wine
Sliced cucumber and red pepper with reduced fat houmous

Lots of water. Some mango juice.

Krys
May 29th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Lunch: peanut butter & jam sandwich
Dinner: fallafel sandwich from Whole Foods, corn, tabbouleh salad
Dessert: Vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting, also from Whole Foods, with the rest being saved for my birthday tomorrow.

Drinks: Water. And I'm about to go make a cup of tea.

fondducoeur
May 29th, 2009, 05:04 AM
coconut cream pie larabar
piece of almond halvah
tea
raw trek mix
amy's spinach and tofu burrito
blackberries
tahini lemon rice and beans wth kale, baked tofu slices, lemon butter asparagus
glass of pineapple juice

maidenofthewell
May 29th, 2009, 08:42 AM
yesterday:
b: porridge with ricemilk, cinnamon, walnuts, ground flaxseeds,nutmeg
s: strawberries and blueberries with a bit of pumpkinseed yogurt
l: nori wraps with avocado, rice and veg
s: berry cheeky nakd bar
d: stir fry with loads of veggies and pumpkin&ginger soba noodles

speedylemons
May 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM
coconut cream pie larabar
piece of almond halvah
tea
raw trek mix
amy's spinach and tofu burrito
blackberries
tahini lemon rice and beans wth kale, baked tofu slices, lemon butter asparagus
glass of pineapple juice

Fond, what an incredibly yummy day! Did you make the halva yourself or buy it? I somehow completely forgot about halva! :amazed_ani:

yesterday:
b: porridge with ricemilk, cinnamon, walnuts, ground flaxseeds,nutmeg
s: strawberries and blueberries with a bit of pumpkinseed yogurt
l: nori wraps with avocado, rice and veg
s: berry cheeky nakd bar
d: stir fry with loads of veggies and pumpkin&ginger soba noodles

Maiden, do you make the pumpkin seed yogurt? It sounds awesome.. as do the pumpkin and ginger soba noodles. Let me know if you feel like sharing the recipes. :D

Kitteh
May 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I've moved this thread over to a new subforum ("User Group") now. The first circa 17,000 posts will remain in the Food & Recipes area. This (and other bloggish threads) will continue in this new subforum.

In other words: just continue this thread in whatever way you wish, but please also contribute to the various other threads we have (see below) in the normal Food/Recipe section, where meal ideas are only posted once. Thanks!

Favorite vegan breakfast (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6)
Vegan lunch ideas (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2908)
List: Favourite vegan food (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4019)
Vegan dinner ideas (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19306)
Food you eat really often? (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22374)
Vegan snacks (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2870)

Thanks for letting us keep our thread, Korn! :D :thumbsup:

Yest'day
B: narna, teeccino w/ rice milk
L: felafel wrap, earl grey tea
A: few pces dark chocolate, green smoothie (baby spinach, 3 narnas)
D: steamed broccoli, green beans & onions w/ tamari, water

Today
B: narna, mandarin, teeccino w/ rice milk
M: cocoa aribar
L: green smoothie (baby spinach, 3 narnas)
A: 3 pces ginger chocolate
D: 'sausage' sammige w/ gluten free seitan, onions, lettuce, tom, cuc, herby bbq sauce, avocado on gf bread, hot chips, water

RubyDuby
May 29th, 2009, 05:36 PM
yesterday:
baby spinach, artichokes, blk olives, onions, mushrooms, spaghetti squash topped with tomato dressing.
boca chicken on ww roll, veg medley on ww roll :o
5 skin rolls with lettuce, spinach, cabbage, onion each with a different sauce inside.
(1 asian sesame dressing, 1 balsamic vinegar, 1 chili sauce, 1 sub oil, 1 sweet and sour)

Roxy
May 29th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Let's see if I can remember what I had yesterday:

2 cups of coffee with vanilla soy milk.
1 home-made sausage "McMuffin"
1 bowl of cornflakes with strawberries and vanilla soy milk.
1 iced vanilla soy latte.
1 Wholesome Vegan Muffin
Home-made maple dijon potato casserole from Vegan with a Vengeance.
2 Dolmades.
1 piece of licorace.
1 cup of decaf chai tea with vanilla soy milk.
1 English Muffin with Earthbalance and strawberry jam.
3 squares of mint chocolate.

speedylemons
May 30th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Kitteh, how does seitan become gluten free? Sounds.. impossible. :dizzy:

SnowyWhite
May 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Yesterday:

Green tea
Cinnamon and raisin bagel with Pure spread
Small portion of cous cous and veggies with caramelized onion houmous
Some red cheddar Cheezly
Papaya juice
Stir fry with courgette, baby corn, mushrooms, onion, peppers, over boiled rice
Vodka diet coke
Kettle chips with caramelized onion houmous

Roxy
May 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Caramelized onion hummus sounds delicious, SnowyWhite!

Here's my yesterday:

2 cups of coffee with vanilla soy milk.
1 home-made sausage "McMuffin".
1 Wholesome Vegan Muffin.
Home-made dijon maple potatoes (from Vegan with a Vengeance).
1 fruit & vegetable bar.
A few almonds.
Another fruit and vegetable bar.
1 piece of watermelon.
A few more almonds.
Stir fried vegetables with steamed rice.
1 cup of decaf chai tea with vanilla soy milk.
3 squares of mint chocolate.
Several plain Kettle Chips.

SnowyWhite
May 31st, 2009, 07:43 PM
^ it is really tasty Roxy!

Yesterday:

Cinnamon and raisin bagel with Tofutti cream cheese
Green tea
Kettle chips with caramelized onion houmous
Some cashew nuts
2x Vodka diet coke
BBQ for dinner - a veggie skewer inc mushroom pepper onion, 3 sosages, a baby potato, some veggie cous cous
Vanilla Swedish Glace with raspberries

Lots of water.

Est
May 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
B: Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, plum. Banana cookie Larabar.

L: Hot ciabatta w/ Pure. Kalamata olives, manzanilla olives stuffed w/ Pimiento peppers, artichokes.

D: More hot ciabatta w/ Pure! Falafel w/ salad (lettuce, spring onions, yellow pepper, chestnut mushrooms, baby vine tomatoes, asparagus). Lemon pie Larabar. Glass of white wine.

Kitteh
May 31st, 2009, 11:07 PM
Kitteh, how does seitan become gluten free?

Someone came up with a recipe (http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/product-detail.aspx?id=29&name=Clean%20&%20Gentle%20Care%20SLS-Free%20Anticavity%20plus%20Dry%20Mouth%20Soother%2 0Fluoride%20Toothpaste&s3=Mzh8MzV8MzB8Mjk=) for something similar to seitan but using gf flours

Sat
B: narna, teeccino w/ rice milk
L: gluten free seitan on a roll
A: choc cupcake, tea w/ rice milk
D: spring rolls, 2 vodka pineapples

Yest'day
B: narna
L: yum cha incl. dumplings, dim sims, rice paper rolls, bbq faux chicken, coconut pumpkin ball
A: coconut ice cream
D: sweet n sour veggies, rice noodles and dumplings

SnowyWhite
Jun 1st, 2009, 12:38 AM
Green tea
Cinnamon and raisin bagel with Tofutti cream cheese, a potato waffle, a few mushrooms and a few cherry tomatoes
Few spoonfuls of veggie couscous
Half ciabatta with houmous
Mango juice

Lots of water.

Kitteh
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:29 AM
Yest'day
B: narna, pear, chocolate Bumble Bar, teeccino w/ rice milk
L: salad w/ lettuce, carrot, tom, avo, cuc, lemon juice, a mandarin
A: 2 cups of tea w/ rice milk
D: rice noodles with veggies in vegan oyster sauce, 3 dumplings, 2 hash browns, raw narna, date & cinnamon ice cream

SnowyWhite
Jun 2nd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Few gulps of pineapple, coconut and something else Innocent smoothie
Cinnamon and raisin bagel with Pure spread
2x Kopparberg
Veggie curry of potato, mushroom, green pepper, onion, chilli, sweetcorn with boiled rice

Lots and lots of water.