PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Blueberries
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:21 PM
B: homemade bread roll, halved, with (I guess this is a bit odd!) Provamel chocolate custard spread over each half..

I never ever would have thought of doing that.. you're a mentaller! I'd say it's one of those things that's so wrong that it's right!

Today:

Breakfast: Weetabix with soya milk and seperately some natural Provamel yogurt with apple purée and some liquid sweetener stirred in.

Snack: Biscuits (specloos and chocolate digestive) with tea

Lunch: A crusty roll with salad, kimchi and houmous and again seperately a small container of nuts. And a lime Callipo ice-pop.

Snack: Three digestive biscuits and some chips (I was out for longer than I thought I'd be and didn't bring enough food!)

Dinner: Pasta with mushrooms, aubergine, courgette, carrot, broccoli and shallot covered in pesto, nutritional yeast and gomashio.

Snack: Few squares of cinnamon dark chocolate and two pieces of chocolate-covered frozen banana (don't knock it until you've tried it, it's remencisent of ice cream while being much cheaper!)

Drinks: Water, roobush tea, green tea

As usual I may have something else before going to bed.. haven't decided what though. Hasn't exactly been my healthiest day :/

Edit: I've just had a veggie sausage sandwich on white bread with houmous. :D

Est
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM
B: Rice Krispies w/ soya milk and agave nectar
L: 2 M&S rice, lentil and aubergine (with garlic dressing) pots. 1 nectarine, 1 pear.
S: 1 M&S super shaker salad pot with lemon and basil dressing
D: This is where it goes a bit less healthy. 4 muffins w/ Pure spread :o
Lots of mugs of tea throughout the day.

RubyDuby
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
wow, I love that so many people are using this thread now!

yesterday:

coffee x too much (w vanilla soy milk)
leftover tofu with Buffalo sauce, celery sticks and carrots
giant salad (romaine) with red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers, pepperoncinis, blk olives and lite Italian dressing
huge calzone- 12 in pizza dough stuffed with mushrooms and spinach
coupla ginger ales
philly cheesesteak (Italian roll, gardein beef tips, carmelized onions, Daiya mozzarella, garlic egg-free mayo)

today:

Arnold Palmer (half tea, half lemonade)
ww everything bagel toasted with earth balance
romaine salad topped with items from the olive bar- portabello bruschetta, dolmas, roasted garlic, roasted tomatoes, tons of olive oil...
grape juice
big glass vanilla almond mmmmilk
dinner is going to be breakfast sandwiches- bagels with fried tofu slices and cheesy sauce
and sauteed brussels sprouts... just because we have to use them... maybe I'll make them into an appetizer ;)

emmapresley
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:47 PM
foody noms today..

soya mil;k...braaaaaaaaaains. oh no, bran.

big banana, one chocolate biscuit
massive jacket potato, peas from teh chipshop
diet coke
huge mound of coleslaw
pasta
small amount of leftover minestrone soup stirred into the pasta and 7 olives to sex it all up
oh dear...then i stirred in the leftover pasta into the leftover coleslaw and after a while cooked 3 linda macartney sausages, cut them up smeared them with mustard and ate them with the pasta/coleslaw

big fatty

Enchantress
Mar 10th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Tempeh rashers and fried tomato in a wholemeal roll. Rooibos tea with soya milk.
Jelly beans.
Plum.
Cranberry juice.
Pasta bake - wholewheat fusilli, "cheesy" nut. yeast sauce, broccoli and mushrooms, topped with crushed tortilla chips and sliced tomato. Raw spinach.

missbettie
Mar 11th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I just ate my second onion bagel with tofuti cream cheese of the day...I've also had a whole bag of greens with a light dressing and massive amounts of coffee...i need to eat better.

Chow Mein with tofu and veggies tonight? yes?

And i need a really stiff drink.

fondducoeur
Mar 11th, 2011, 03:17 AM
2 tangerines
choc. pb larabar
Amy's samosa wrap
rice crackers w/wasabi peas
4 little choc. covered orange gummy rings (I noticed today that lots of the kosher treats in the store for passover happen to be vegan)
curried seitan, cauliflower, carrots, peas, jalapenos, shiitakes w/vermicelli

felix_amborosa
Mar 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I've had a veg junk binge....
Fruit icy pole, bowl of popcorn, chocolate soy milkshake, vegie hot dog with a ridiculous amount of tomato sauce and onions... all whilst curled up on the couch all afternoon with my kitty watching some of season 1 of Satisfaction (didn't have uni today, bit obvious huh). Definitely spending a couple of hours at the gym tomorrow morning before hitting the books hard.

veganwitch
Mar 11th, 2011, 01:05 PM
i want veganwitches food!

Ah, Emmap, you made me laugh SO hard with that, so thanks!

Yesterday:

3 flax waffles w/ earth balance & maple syrup
2 clementines
vanilla coconut milk yogurt
c-boost fruit juice
couple of crackers w/ fyh mozzarella that I was using for pizza
2 slices of pizza (topped w/ sauce, sauteed onions, green peppers, mushrooms, crumbled boca burgers, fyh mozzarella)
teas (mellow moments, black)

twinkle
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:04 PM
B: toast with strawberry jam, pancake with strawberry jam (frozen leftover from Tuesday, defrosted in oven)
L: Cashew and carrot spread with salad in a bread roll, roast veg and tofu pie, provamel fruits of the forest yoghurt, apple juice.
D: Tomato and gherkin sandwich, chocolate hazelnut brownie, alpro vanilla custard, packet of salt and vinegar crisps.

Bad day. I need to go food shopping so I can eat something that isn't based on wheat, soya or fat! :)

RubyDuby
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:29 PM
omgoodness. carbolicious day today...

2 glasses grape juice
1 espresso with vanilla almond milk
2 mugs throat soothing tea
1 salsa jalepeno bagel with earth balance and chipotle cream cheese
1 ww sesame bagel with white choc pb and wild blueberry preserves
1 ww everything bagel with olive tapenade, garlic mayo, Daiya mozz and Tofurkey slices
1 bowl of multi-grain squares cereal with almond milk
1 bowl of pb Puffins cereal with almond milk

yeah...

dinner will be homemade lentil-vege soup: red lentils, tomatoes, onions, garlic, potatoes, spinach, marigold bouillion

Oveeja
Mar 12th, 2011, 12:58 AM
I had yesterday's leftovers for breakfast
Breakfast
Espresso
Poblano chile filled with humus, tomato and squash blossoms.
Green smothie (kale, cucumber, celery, ginger, apple, broccoli, spinach, peas)
Chilaquiles (toasted tortillas bathed with serrano chile-tomato sauce)

Lunch
Phở (vietnamese rice noodle, cilantro, bean sprouts, lime, cinammon, ginger soup)
Summer rolls (just like Spring rolls but non-fried) with peanut sauce.
Berry mixture with balsamic vinegar for dessert.

Green tea :)

ShariBlackVelvet
Mar 13th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Anyone want to send me a weekend vegan food diary? I've started a new page on SaveAScream.com as I'd like to read about full days of what people eat and think it would be good for any non-vegans to come and read too, to get an idea of what vegans eat. The page is at www.saveascream.com/yourfooddiary.htm (http://www.saveascream.com/yourfooddiary.htm). You can send in just one weekend entry - or if you want to do more than one that's cool too. If you'd rather do a weekday diary I'm open to having that - just thought weekend would be easier as most people have more time. Tell us what you eat and drink throughout the weekend ( a day at a time) in as much detail as possible. Email your diaries to editor@saveascream.com.

I know there's a 'What did you eat today?' thread on here - but I think it would be good to inspire non-vegans - not just fellow vegans on this forum - so would be good if anyone wanted to send a weekend food diary to me to put on SaveAScream.com

twinkle
Mar 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I would, except I'm already setting a bad example with my breakfast today, which was a slice of lemon drizzle loaf! Maybe next week :)

Clueless Git
Mar 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I have time to list my evening meals, if that helps ...

Friday (home cooked): Spinach, potato and mushroom curry (sauce of tomatoes, onion and Costco curry powder) on basmati rice flavoured with creamed coconut.

Saturday (take-away); Sweetcorn soup, crispy fried aubergine, veg-chicken satay skewers, sweet and sour veg-ribs, green beans in black bean sauce, ju-yim mushrooms, singapore noodles and mixed veg fried rice.

Sunday (home cooked): Deep filled veg-mince pie, french beans, carrots, broccoli and roast potato with roast veg gravy, possibly apple and herb stuffing on the side.

Blueberries
Mar 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM

emmapresley
Mar 13th, 2011, 02:21 PM
banana and massive coffee
eqting a big bowl of chickpea, kale cabbage sweet potato stew.
were meant to be having a sort of sunday dinner later, if i dont mosh my way through this ill be able to fit it in

howd you make your cashew and carrot spread twinkle? is it that one with the very fine chopping and a smidge of yeast extract?

we gave up on the idea of sunday dinner..i just finished off the ENTIRE stew and then i made some chips (homebaked healthy ones no really..) loads of mustard and some filthy cold tinned spaghetti (mmm...strokes thighs provocatively)

RubyDuby
Mar 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Yesterday:

Breakfast:
espresso
multi-grain squares with vanilla almond milk

Lunch: Strong Hearts Cafe (http://www.strongheartscafe.com/menu/)
mocha and a sip or 2 of a chocolate oreo milkshake
half of a reuben
half of a "chicken salad" sandwich
2 mozzarella sticks (http://www.chicagosoydairy.com/breaded_mozzarella_teese_sticks/) with marinara
salad with spring mix, red and green bell pepper, red onions, veggie turkey and bologna slices, ranch dressing

Dinner:
leftover brown rice with smoky red lentil soup

ShariBlackVelvet
Mar 13th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks blueberries! Twinkle - it doesn't have to be healthy. You having lemon drizzle loaf for breakfast makes me feel better for eating so many packets of crisps! lol. It's good to see we don't all have to be super-healthy all the time. Things like lemon drizzle loaf may appeal to any non-vegans reading than say cereal! Whether you eat lots of junk food like me, or have healthier stuff, I think it all would be good for the page. It'll show that you don't have to just be a certain way to be a vegan.

veganwitch
Mar 14th, 2011, 08:24 AM
3 slices of raisin bread, toasted w/ earth balance
mock chicken salad sandwich w/ mixed greens
potato chips (crisps)
cucumber slices dipped in garlic hummus
an orange
a banana w/ peanut butter
couple chocolate chip cookies
massive amounts of black tea

fondducoeur
Mar 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
cherry pie larabar
veggie potstickers w/shelled edamame and raw carrots over mixed greens with dipping sauce
2 choc. covered orange gels
pretzels
2 garlic stuffed green olives
beer battered fried tempeh w/homemade tartar sauce
baked fries
sauteed collard greens
2 beers

RubyDuby
Mar 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
coffee with soy milk
multi-grain squares with soy milk
salad with hummus
ginger ale
2 bean burritos
cinnamon chips

RubyDuby
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
almond milk
espresso
2 huge slices of pizza- ww crust, tomato sauce, Daiya mozz, blk olives, red onion, spinach, mushrooms, basil, oregano
raw spring roll with avocado, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, plum sauce
brown rice sushi roll with avocado and carrots, soy sauce
bowl of peanut butter puffins cereal and a bowl of multi-grain squares with almond milk

Today:
coffee with soy
block of broiled tofu with liqid aminos
1 slice Ezekiel toast with earth balance
1 blueberry bagel with earth balance
lettuce salad with supremely spicy hummus

... not sure what's for dinner.

Ms_Derious
Mar 17th, 2011, 09:49 AM
B: Smoothie and Toast
S: Apricots, Apple and Nuts
L: Lentil Barley Soup, baked tofu and slice of wholegrain toast