PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Blueberries
Mar 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Breakfast: Bagel with a tiny bit of peanut butter and jam

Snack: Plain yogurt with apple purée and brown sugar with a little bit of ginger and cinnamon

Lunch: Slice of toast with marmite

Dinner: Houmous and avocado sandwich

Snack: Banana

Drinks: 2 cups of tepid green tea, water

I'm just getting over a sick/nauseous stomach, all I've eaten for the last three days are yogurt, toast and bananas! Looking forward to eating some more varied food soon!

RubyDuby
Mar 17th, 2011, 09:41 PM
coffee w soy x lots
multi-grain squares cereal
diet cola
large veggie sub
small bag baked lays
small bag original lays
broiled tofu
steamed broccoli

twinkle
Mar 17th, 2011, 10:25 PM
B: homemade half and half white/wholemeal roll with sunflower spread
L: Butterbean stew with plenty of garlic, mango frozen Smooze
Snack: handful mixed fruit and nuts, gingernut biscuit
D: the remains of the stew with peas, peanut butter and a handful of polenta added, another bread roll, another Smooze

I am writing about my boring food day above in the hopes it will inspire me to something better tomorrow! Although am going to the dentist in the afternoon, so not sure I'll feel like eating after that, depending on how awful it is :(

Blueberries
Mar 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Still getting over being sick so I haven't been eating much today...

Breakfast: Quinoa porridge with soya milk

Snack: A fig bar and some nuts

Lunch: Pizza tortilla, which is just some tomato sauce and pesto put between two tortillas and dry-fryed. It's really good and fills in nicely for pizza when you have no oven/grill!

Drinks: Multi-vit juice, coffee with soya milk, water

I will have something small later but haven't decided what yet.... cinnamon raison bagel with peanut butter and marmalade

emmapresley
Mar 18th, 2011, 10:37 PM
my days been pretty boring too

sticks of bran a la bowl mit low fat soya milk et a spoon

diet coke cherry variety

jacket spud and peas from chipshop

diet coke cherry variety

one teaspoon blackstrap molasses. why?

massive bean chilli and twirly wurly pasta

twinkle
Mar 18th, 2011, 11:54 PM
one teaspoon blackstrap molasses. why?

Because you're open to trying new things? :)

RubyDuby
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:50 PM
and it's healthy!

so far today we've just gone out for breakfast at a place that offers tofu scramble, although every time we go we end up with another waitress who's never had someone order it before! We have to go more often to keep the tofu available there... it isn't even on the menu!
Also, coffee with soy milk (they have that too!), breakfast potatoes and sour dough toast with strawberry jelly.

twinkle
Mar 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Breakfast potatoes! I like the sound of those, even though I don't know what they are :)

I got up too late for breakfast and went out to the World Peace Cafe for lunch. I had a wrap with salad, tofu and grilled peppers and mushrooms in, and my friend had a "breakfast" wrap, which had veggie sausages, potatoes, tomatoes and mushrooms in, and we had a quarter of each other's wrap. I also had carrot, coriander and coconut soup.

This afternoon I've had a frozen mango Smooze and two jammy dodger biscuits. I've also just made a lemon drizzle tray bake, but it's only just out of the oven so too hot to eat right now! Looking forward to a bit of that though, and I'm having my dinner cooked for me by a friend, so don't know what that will be but looking forward to that too :)

veganwitch
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:05 AM
tofurkey and tofutti cheese sandwich w/ mixed greens, tomato slices, and vegenaise
potato chips (crisps)
2 clementines
tvp burger w/ ketchup
baked potato w/ earth balance and pepper
corn on cob
hot apple cider
another small baked potato w/ greek olive hummus
chocolate chip cookies
teas (black, mayan cocoa spice)

Blueberries
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:59 PM
Breakfast: Bran flakes and soya milk

Lunch: Baked potato with baked beans, mushroom paté and salad

Dinner: Pasta with pesto, tomato sauce, loads of vegetables and homemade seitan sausage

Snack: Banana and some hot chocolate

Drinks: Multi-vit fruit juice, coffee with soya milk, camomile tea, water

Veganwitch, I love your food, you really do have the most epic breakfasts!
Twinkle, I love jammie dodgers! I was so happy when they changed the recipe to make them vegan!

fondducoeur
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:41 AM
clif bar
vegan chickpea chili
2 crostinis
handful of carmelized mixed nuts
big salad with mixed greens, black beans, cukes, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado vinaigrette
apple cider brussel sprouts

veganwitch
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Veganwitch, I love your food, you really do have the most epic breakfasts!

Thanks Blueberries! :) Food is pretty much an "event" with me....haha.

Yesterday:

bowl of strawberry fields cereal w/ soymilk
english muffin w/ earth balance & orange marmalade
2 clementines
baked potato w/ greek olive hummus (my new obsession)
couple of moroccan olives while making my salad (they had pits so didn't make it into the salad)
huge salad (baby spinach, mushrooms, tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots, scallions, sunflower seeds, green olives, kalamata olives, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, beets, onion & poppyseed sticks, ranch dressing)
chocolate chip cookies
teas (black, pomegranate-cherry, decaffe roast - this is a discontinued tea and I've been hoarding a box for a couple of years)

RubyDuby
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Breakfast potatoes! I like the sound of those, even though I don't know what they are :) home fries they were. so good! big chunks of potatoes grilled til crispy.

yesterday:

coffee per usual...
leftover tofu scramble with spinach and homefries with lots of ketchup
1 slice sour dough toast
leftover thai food- eggplant and veg with tofu and brown rice
ww everything bagel toasted with earth balance
veggie ham salad on Ezekiel toast sandwich with lettuce and tomato
sweet potato fries
kettle corn popcorn
1/2 dark chocolate bar

veganwitch
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
veggie ham salad

Did you make that Rubes?

Blueberries
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Breakfast: Bran flakes with soya milk

Lunch: in my bento- leftover pasta, a clementine and nuts

Snack: Chocolate cereal bar

Dinner: Mashed potatoes with broccolli, mushrooms, onions, baked beans and lots of brown sauce!

Snack: Blood orange with natural yogurt and agave syrup. Cola Cao with soya milk.

Drinks: Coffee with soya milk, water

RubyDuby- Breakfast chips! That sounds fantastic!

RubyDuby
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
how does the rest of the world thrive w/o homefries and tater tots?? :p

Did you make that Rubes?

the boyfriend made it from "veggie ham loaf" found at the Asian market. I believe it's the same stuff sold here (http://www.vegecyber.com/cgi-bin/vege_item.cgi?&type=Frozen). Good stuff!
Same place we get our bacon. They have the best bacon!

twinkle
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:11 PM

Well, we do have potato waffles! I should think they are equivalent to tots, and you can cook them in the toaster :)

veganwitch
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:37 AM

Seems cruel and unusual to me ;-)

the boyfriend made it from "veggie ham loaf" found at the Asian market. I believe it's the same stuff sold here (http://www.vegecyber.com/cgi-bin/vege_item.cgi?&type=Frozen). Good stuff! Same place we get our bacon. They have the best bacon!

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

Well, we do have potato waffles! I should think they are equivalent to tots, and you can cook them in the toaster :)

Now THAT is cruel and unusual to tease us w/ potato waffles....lol

fondducoeur
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:06 AM
white choc macadamia nut luna bar
1 apple
salad w/mixed greens, black beans, cukes, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado vinaigrette
almonds
4 slices of marinated baked tofu
brown rice, black beans, kale, carrots, w/tahini lemon sauce
piece of raspberry, chewy candy

veganwitch
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
yesterday:

hot quinoa flakes cereal w/ diced apple, dates, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, maple syrup, very vanilla soymilk
an orange
baked potato w/ hummus (1/2 w/ spicy garlic, 1/2 w/ greek olive)
shepherd's pie (ground "beef", niblet corn, peas, creamed corn, "cheese", mashed potatoes)
twilight candy bar
a pear
slice of bread w/ vegenaise
teas (black, mayan cocoa spice)

RubyDuby
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Well, we do have potato waffles! I should think they are equivalent to tots, and you can cook them in the toaster :) I think I've seen potato waffles... will have to investigate and return.

fondducoeur
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:41 PM
twilight candy bar

Aren't those delicious? I bought Twilight, Jokerz, Buccaneer, and Mahalo bars for my husband for Christymas, and then made him share :p

Vegan-bellydancer
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
B - Jalapeno Houmous on toast
L- vegan chicken style pieces in a veggie stirfry (ginger, garlic, mushrooms, onion, broccoli, green beans, corriander and spices)
D- Left over lunch

and later I might try some passion fruit and mango dairy free cheese cake.

Blueberries
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Breakfast: Bran flakes with soya milk. Coffee with soya milk

Lunch: Leftover pasta with veg and seitan. Orange with plain yogurt and agave syrup.

Snack: Nuts. Orange juice.

Dinner: Blue corn tortillas with houmous, avocado and re-fried beans.

Vegan-bellydancer: Let us know how the cheesecake turns out! Is that the one you can get pre-made? I've seen it but I'm afraid to try it, I amn't the biggest fan of mango. It just seems like an odd thing to put in a cheesecake!

Vegan-bellydancer
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
BlueBerries - Will lt you know how the cheesecake tastes...yes it is a pre made-one (mama Cucina) I think their was another flavour but this one looked interesting, though you are right..
mango is an odd thing to top a cheese cake..but I love mango. Will probably try it tomorrow now as I had hash browns and more jalapno houmous instead

...although the cheese cake is calling :)