PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

veganwitch
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Aren't those delicious? I bought Twilight, Jokerz, Buccaneer, and Mahalo bars for my husband for Christymas, and then made him share

OMG...I can't stop eating them! I found them at a health food store that is an hour away from us. So I bought 4 of each kind. My hubby only likes the Mahalo ones. He thinks the others are too sweet, so more for me!!!!!!!!

veganwitch
Mar 24th, 2011, 07:29 AM
crackers with peanut butter
couple of glasses of very vanilla soymilk
2 clementines
ww pita bread w/ spicy garlic hummus
shepherd's pie (same as yesterday)
salad (baby spinach, tomato, cucumber, carrots, beets, beans, scallions, olives, onion & poppyseed sticks, ranch dressing)
choc. chip cookies
tea (mandarin green, vanilla nut creme, black)

Vegan-bellydancer
Mar 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Blueberries- The cheese cake was nice..v sweet and the topping was probably the nicest thing about it...the base and the dairyfree filling was a strange texture..base very moist and strange taste.
Think I will try to make my own to compare.

So far today I've had:

B- Jalapeno Houmous on toast, coffee with soy milk
snack: 10 Walnuts and more coffee
Lunch: carrots, green pitted olives, cherry tomatoes, baby gem lettuce and more Jalapeno houmous

For dinner I'm planning to have some mashed root veg and mango and passion fruit dairy free chesse cake after with a cup of tea using rice milk.

RubyDuby
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM
yesterday:
espresso with soy milk
bagel with pb
baked tofu
sweet potato fries
kettle corn
1/4 dark chocolate bar
big bowl potato soup

today:
coffee with soy milk
diet cola
whole wheat everything bagel with earth balance
huge bowl of leftover potato soup (onions, garlic, mock duck, liquid smoke, cooking wine, soy sauce, thyme, rosemary, celery seeds, veg bouillion, s&p)
3 slices of veggie cheeseless pizza
tofu scramble with veggie ham loaf, onions, Daiya cheese and Ezekiel toast

Blueberries
Mar 24th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Blueberries- The cheese cake was nice..v sweet and the topping was probably the nicest thing about it...the base and the dairyfree filling was a strange texture..base very moist and strange taste. Think I will try to make my own to compare.

Thanks for the report :D Interesting, was the base a biscuity base or was it pastry? Glad you enjoyed it, I may do what you're doing and make my own instead. It's great that there's dairy-free cheesecake commercially available though. I've had the quiche made by the same company, basicly the savoury version of the cheesecake and it ws nice, but again the base was strange.

Today

Breakfast: Cinnamon and raison bagel with peanut butter and raspberry jam

Lunch: In my bento- Leftover blue tortilla with refried beans and salad

Snack: Bag of Hunky Dory salt and vinegar crisps (sent over from Ireland)

Dinner: Leftover mashed potato with broccolli, baked beans and mushroom paté

Snack: Mr Kipling apple and blackcurrant pie (which is, surprisingly, vegan!), Plain yogurt with half a chopped banana, agave syrup and cinnamon. Amaretto chocolate mini-egg (Lidl are getting in Easter stuff!)

Drinks: Water, strawberry soya milk, coffee with soya milk

BlackBow
Mar 24th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I had a sandwich with Italian bread, pickles, lettuce, mustard, ketchup with lay's potato chips.
Very yummy! :)

Festered
Mar 24th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I've been boring today too.
Breakfast-coffee with creamer.
Lunch-huge garden salad with balsamic dressing and vegan mayo
Dinner-stir fry with a few noodles mostly just veggies mushrooms stock and chilli spicy sauce
Snack-popadum and pesto.

RubyDuby
Mar 25th, 2011, 12:20 AM
results from potato waffle investigation:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/rubyduby2b/IMG952011032495170952.jpg

Twinkle: I'm pretty sure what you're referring to is like the smiles, but in the shape of a waffle? If that's the case, you're right. I've never seen those here. :(
I am excited to try the smiles though! I've never had them before.

veganwitch
Mar 25th, 2011, 12:48 AM
^^^ I've never tried the smiles either. I've had those waffle fries, but didn't Twinkle say they go in the toaster? I thought they'd be something different??? Do those smiles go in the toaster???

Risker
Mar 25th, 2011, 01:00 AM
The smiles look about right, they're basically just mashed potato formed into a grid shape. You can cook them in the toaster but not sure it's a good idea if you don't want grease build up in there. They're usually fried or grilled (broiled).

BlackBow
Mar 25th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I LOVE smiley fries! I have been eating them for years, ever since I was a kid. I never knew they were vegan
until I went vegan. They are delicious! They can be cooked in the microwave, deep fried, or in the oven.
But I make them in the oven because they taste the best that way. Set the oven for 450 and put
them in there for about 7 minutes and they're done. So yummy :)

veganwitch
Mar 25th, 2011, 02:40 AM
^ Thanks for the cooking tip. I'm going to get some smiley fries over the weekend :)

fondducoeur
Mar 25th, 2011, 02:47 AM
pb&j mojo bar
veggie sub with avocado, sprouts, lettuce, tomato
jalapeno chips
soy cappuccino
3 s&s marshmallows
4 slices tangerine tofu (vcon)
quinoa salad with black beans, red pepper, diced tangerine, green onion, cilantro

veganwitch
Mar 25th, 2011, 07:14 AM
grilled cheese and avocado sandwich
baked potato with spicy garlic hummus
blueberry pancakes w/ maple syrup
bacun
1/2 grapefruit
couple glasses of oj
few cinnamon pastry twists
bbq potato chips
teas (chocolate chai, candy cane lane, orange-vanilla rooibos, black)

RubyDuby
Mar 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I LOVE smiley fries! I have been eating them for years, ever since I was a kid. I never knew they were vegan
until I went vegan. They are delicious! They can be cooked in the microwave, deep fried, or in the oven.
But I make them in the oven because they taste the best that way. Set the oven for 450 and put
them in there for about 7 minutes and they're done. So yummy :)
I had some last night before bed :o
so good baked!

pusskins
Mar 25th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I apologise in advance! -

Grill 'em, bake 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em.
They're waffly versatile!

http://www.birdseye.co.uk/assets/our-food/large/101.jpg

RubyDuby
Mar 25th, 2011, 02:22 PM
:p

veganwitch
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
yesterday:

a blueberry pancake w/ maple syrup
couple slices bacun
slice of toast w/ peanut butter
couple glasses of very vanilla soymilk
ww pita bread w/ pine nut hummus
a pear
pasta w/ sauce and mock ricotta
steamed broccoli w balsamic dressing
slice of garlic bread
no-meat balls
jokerz candy bar
teas (kava stress relief, mayan cocoa spice, black, mandarin green)

Vegan-bellydancer
Mar 26th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the report :D Interesting, was the base a biscuity base or was it pastry? Glad you enjoyed it, I may do what you're doing and make my own instead. It's great that there's dairy-free cheesecake commercially available though. I've had the quiche made by the same company, basicly the savoury version of the cheesecake and it ws nice, but again the base was strange.

Blueberries - It didn't seem biscuity or pastry to me..more like spongey and fell apart really easily..but yes good to know it can be brought commercially if you need a quick fix. not sure I would like the quiche version..I haven't tasted a good cheese substitute yet but to be fair I'm a new vegan.

Yesterday:

B: Musli with rice milk
L: mashed root veg with mustard
D:stir fried veg with rice
snacks: nuts, vegetable curry wrap and a couple of handfuls of oven cooked chips

coffee with rice milk, tea and juice

Today:

B: museli with rice milk

L:beer and chips

No dinner yet and haven't decided, staying with friends..and brought the contents of my fridge ie. a lot of veg

Daffodil
Mar 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
B: 3 Crumpets with "butter" & jam

L: Sweet Potato Jacket with Salad and homemade spag bol (without the spag)

Copious amounts of freshly squeezed, homemade orange squash

More to follow.......

Vegan-bellydancer
Mar 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM
B - cucumber wrap with shakalaka sauce

L- lancashire style soya sausages with cucumber, fried mushrooms and cherry toms with a wrap and ketchup

Dinner will be taco shells filled with kidney beans and chopped toms plus any spices lurking in the cupboard, avocardo, cucumber and cherry toms perhaps some grated carrot :)

Lots of diet coke, coffee with soya milk

Risker
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Dinner will be taco shells filled with kidney beans and chopped toms plus any spices lurking in the cupboard, avocardo, cucumber and cherry toms perhaps some grated carrot :)

Brilliant, I was trying to think of what to make for dinner and I have some taco shells I need to get rid of as well as several ripe avocadoes.

Vegan-bellydancer
Mar 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Risker - Glad I could help with your dinner choice...just had mine though I did have some oven chips as well in the end :satisfied:

RubyDuby
Mar 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
yesterday:

coffee with vanilla soy milk
whole wheat sesame bagel with earth balance, wild blueberry spread and white chocolate wonderful peanut butter
leftover ma po tofu, tofu and veg with black bean sauce, and brown rice
Tbs of white chocolate wonderful peanut butter
tofu veg soup
pb&j sandwich on ezekiel (pb overkill!)
McCain Smiles with ketchup and Buffalo sauce...

today:

coffee w soy
green tea latte
3 shots of espresso
3 slices Ezekiel toast topped with mounds of tofu salad with olives, Vegenaise and black salt
large bowl leftover veg soup
grilled [Daiya] cheese with veggie ham loaf and tomato (2 more slices Ezekiel)

and I'll most likely have more smiles later... will have to eat more veg and less bread this week...

Blueberries
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Waaaay too much chocolate :rollseyes_ani: