PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (13)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Firestorm
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Breakfast: Toast, Pear

Lunch: Chikin & Garlic Mayo Wrap, Mixed Beans & Salad, Apple, Vitacoco peach & mango

Dinner: Cholent, Mixed Bean salad & salad. Blueberry Soya Yogurt

Snacks: Kettle Chips & Chocolate, Shredder cake

Coffee, Cinnamon Tea, Lotus tea, Chocolate Rice Milk

LaMariposa
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:03 AM
B: large bowl of kashi's autumn wheat squares with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a few handfuls of blueberries
Snack: apple, carrot sticks
L: sandwich on Ezekial bread with spinach artichoke hummus, tomatoes, onions and lettuce
D: A huge colorful salad with kale, red oak lettuce, yellow pepper, carrot, red onion, sunflower seeds and a handful of mixed raw nuts. & a big bowl of fruit salad for dessert
Snack: another handful of mixed raw nuts

fondducoeur
Jun 23rd, 2011, 03:06 AM
2 sliced peaches w/soy milk and sugar
pinto bean and zucchini chili
salad (mixed greens, chickpeas, tomato, cukes, sprouts, balsamic)
sauteed broccoli rabe

AzureAngel
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Today I discovered kale! Why did nobody tell me about it before?

It is indeed a great food. We both love it too. It is especially good if you are low on calcium or if you are exercising a lot. Furthermore it is a great anti-inflammatory food and I find it helps me a lot when I get stressed. Overactive stomach acids you see... If you are going to use it in a stir-fry (which I suggest, ts great!), boil some water first, throw the kale leaves (no stems) in for a few seconds then drain. Quickly cool it down with cold water and then press the leaves into a sort of loaf shape. It will be easy to cut it into strips. The reason for the boiling water is that it makes the leaves a little softer and takes away a little of the tartness. Don't boil too long or you will lose some of the good stuff in it.

Firestorm
Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
No Breakfast today, worked a late shift last night, got in at 10:30 and watched I am number four (while munching on Kettle Chips and Rice Dream) so I only got out of bed at 11.

Lunch: Midsummer Corn chowder (Veganomicon), Baguette (1/2 with ham and pickles, 1/2 with sundried tomato margerine), Apple, Pear, Pretzel sticks

Another pear, apple and a peach

Dinner: Cholent, Garlic mashed potato, Carrots and Broccoli.
Profiterole filled with custard.

Big mug warm soy milk, black coffee, water

yo1
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Breakfast: Cornflakes with almond milk.
Lunch: 2 raisin bagels with tofutti cream cheese.
Dinner: Big plate of spaghetti with 'Tofurkey' italian sausage, dairy free parmesan cheese, and some tomato sauce.

Drinks: Plenty of water throughout the day.

LaMariposa
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Dinner: Big plate of spaghetti with 'Tofurkey' italian sausage, dairy free parmesan cheese, and some tomato sauce.

I went through a phase where I ate this almost every night. The italian sausage is soooo good with a garlic tomato sauce, yum! I'm totally craving it now!

B: pear, banana
L: sandwich on Ezekial bread with spinach artichoke hummus, red onion, roma tomatoes, and green oak lettuce.
carrot sticks
Snack: delicious greek mini spinach pie
D: falafel wrap in greek pita with hummus, tahini, pickles, banana pepper, onion, lettuce and tomato
Snack: nectarine, kiwi, 1/2 hothouse cucumber

goodoldrebel
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I consumed peas, pasta and a pear. It was a day of food that started with the letter P.:cool:

yo1
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I went through a phase where I ate this almost every night. The italian sausage is soooo good with a garlic tomato sauce, yum! I'm totally craving it now!
Haha, I'm going through the phase right now. I didn't even like sausage when I was an omnivore.

LaMariposa
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Haha, I'm going through the phase right now. I didn't even like sausage when I was an omnivore.

It must be a RI thing ;)

fondducoeur
Jun 24th, 2011, 04:43 AM
cashew/papaya granola w/blackberries and soy milk
pinto bean and zucchini chili
2 pieces of licorice
stir fried nappa cabbage, onion, edamame, and tofu over brown rice

springtulip
Jun 24th, 2011, 02:57 PM
It is indeed a great food. We both love it too. It is especially good if you are low on calcium or if you are exercising a lot. Furthermore it is a great anti-inflammatory food and I find it helps me a lot when I get stressed. Overactive stomach acids you see... If you are going to use it in a stir-fry (which I suggest, ts great!), boil some water first, throw the kale leaves (no stems) in for a few seconds then drain. Quickly cool it down with cold water and then press the leaves into a sort of loaf shape. It will be easy to cut it into strips. The reason for the boiling water is that it makes the leaves a little softer and takes away a little of the tartness. Don't boil too long or you will lose some of the good stuff in it.
Thanks for the tip. My stomach gets unhappy with stress too so anti-inflammatory foods are always good. I have some left so I'll try stir-frying it tonight.

Firestorm
Jun 24th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Toast before swimmming

3 apples, 2 pears, 1 peach, blueberries and strawberries

Lunch:
Croque Monsieur
Snack-a-jacks cheeky chutney flavour

Dinner:
Pasta with Nooch (veganomicon), fried mushrooms & soy chikin, peas and carrots
Strawberries, tofu creme & custard

Jim bean red stag

fondducoeur
Jun 25th, 2011, 07:40 AM
blackberries
leftover stir-fried nappa cabbage, onion, and edamame over brown rice
salad (mixed greens, sprouts, chickpeas, tomato, lf balsamic)
black/kidney beans + steamed veggies over quinoa

Firestorm
Jun 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
No breakfast.

Lunch: Gorgeous sandwich - lettuce, Soya Chikin, tomatoes, cucumber, gherkins, mustard & silken tofu dressing on granary bread.
Apple, Pear, Pack of soft fruits sweets.
Chocolate Lime sweets

Diet Coke and lots of coffee

Dinner: Cheezly & Ham quiche, huge salad
Blueberry, Strawberry & double choc trifle
GoMaxGo Snap rice crackle bar

Big mug warm soya milk
Jim Beam Red Stag

Blueberries
Jun 25th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Breakfast: Porridge with soya milk, green smoothie
Lunch: Smoky-flavoured crisps
Dinner: Veggie burger with mushrooms and cheezly, chips and baked beans with a berry smoothie in Cat Bar

Drinks: Water, fruit juice, smoothies

friend
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Breakfasted on choco weetabix with soya milk, but for lunch I downed a tin o bombay spuds.
Supper was cheezly toastie then a Chinese rice crispy type cake.

FruitJunkie
Jun 26th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Banana, Sunflower Seeds, Ruffles Potato Chips, Chocolate Teddy Grahams (I think they are vegan, someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

I didn't feel like making anything, so not a very healthy eating day, but oh well.

fondducoeur
Jun 26th, 2011, 03:54 AM
1 peach
ww crackers w/"I can't say it's cheese" hickory cheddar
1 oreo
lasagna w/spinach and cashew/tofu ricotta and marinara (v-con)
fruit salad

Firestorm
Jun 26th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Breakfast: Sweet Croque Madame - Toasted Sandwich filled with raspberry jam and peach slices, the top of the sandwich is then spread with silken tofu & caster sugar, peach slices, raspberry jam and then toasted.

Peach, Pear

Lunch: Chikin salad sandwich with Silken Tofu dressing, salad & mustard on granary

2 Apples
Another peach

Dinner: Potato Rosti with 2 Vianna hotdogs, curry & tomato sauce, fried onions.
Frys chocolate mint cream bar.

3 Mint Imperials, Choc Limes and a serving of food doctor seeds

Batemans beer

Soya Latte

Blueberries
Jun 26th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Breakfast: Miso soup w/sea vegetables and fried shallots. Banana and a cup of coffee w/soya milk
Snack: Cinnamon pastry
Lunch: Shitake burger with black olives and cream cheese
Snack: Chocolate-covered doughnut (latter 3 from Gopal)
Snack: Salad with avocado, grated carrot, sesame pâté, salt and vinegar.

Drinks: Water, fruit juice, coffee

twinkle
Jun 26th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Breakfast: Sweet Croque Madame - Toasted Sandwich filled with raspberry jam and peach slices, the top of the sandwich is then spread with silken tofu & caster sugar, peach slices, raspberry jam and then toasted.

Awesome!

I started off okay today and then it all went a bit wrong...

B: Peach soya yoghurt and tropical fruits soya yoghurt with some oats stirred in.
L: Roast sweet potato, normal potato and beetroot, salad with fresh lettuce from my mum's allotment, tomato, cucumber, peppers, mizuna. Hummus, olives, toasted mixed nuts.
Afternoon/dinner: Came home from visiting my parents and there's not a great deal in the house (well, there actually is loads of stuff but it all needs preparing and I'm totally uninspired), so I've had tortilla chips and Alpro vanilla custard with lemon cookies dipped in so far.

fondducoeur
Jun 27th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Yesterday:
soy mocha cappuccino with cinnamon and marshmallows
salad (mixed greens, chickpeas, sprouts, tomato, cucumber, olives, balsamic)
ww crackers and "I can't say it's cheese" hickory cheddar
samosa quinoa (quinoa, diced potatoes, green peas, spices)
steamed kale w/olive oil & lemon juice
tall soy strawberries and cream frappuccino

Firestorm
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Toast before swimming

Lunch: Malt wheat cereal with hot soya milk
2 Doughnut peaches
2 Pears
1 Apple
1 Plum

Dinner: Croque Monsieur, Salad, Salt and Vinegar Crips (http://www.cripsnacks.com/product_info.php), New England Corn Chowder.
Plain soya yogurt drizzled with chocolate & raspberry syrups

1 Holy cow chocolate
Choco Aztec tea w soya milk

Rice Milk Latte

FruitJunkie
Jun 28th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Spicy Spaghetti, French Bread, Sunflower Seeds, & Oreos

I'm such a healthy eater :p