PDA

View Full Version : recipe wanted for sticky or chewy biscuits

DavidT
May 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Can anyone direct me to a recipe, or provide one, for biscuits (cookies) that have a sort-of soft toffee-ish texture - in other words, they don't snap, they bend before breaking?

Then, in the mouth, they're then chewy rather than crunchy. I'm thinking of adding chocolate drops to such a recipe, though I've no idea if it would work.

Sorry to be vague but it's the best I can do!

JC
May 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
How about this one? I know that the ingredients are american, but you can buy those measuring cups really cheaply from e-bay.

http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=111

I find that the flax seeds make all the difference in terms of chewy-ness!

DavidT
May 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM
That looks like the business! Thanks JC; we have everything in that recipe so I'll try to make some this weekend. Thanks again.

JC
May 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM
No problem, let me know how it goes!

DavidT
May 17th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Well, JC, it's not what I'm looking for - but it's an amazing recipe!

I followed the recipe exactly (apart from the chocolate drops, which were just small broken pieces of chocolate). The cookies turn out like mini versions of chocolate fudge cake or perhaps brownie, very soft and gooey with a crisp outer.

They are unbelievably good. In fact, it is a brilliant recipe, the flax seed giving that gooeyness; I took a batch to a party, which was not a bit vegan apart from my contribution and of course they went straight away before even the savouries. Typical; this usually happens with vegan stuff in a mixed environment - the vegan food is wolfed down by the omnis. (Luckily I'd eaten before leaving home.)

I didn't mind one bit, because I got all the praise.

So thanks, JC, another wonderful recipe in the collection. I would recommend this to everyone on the board; it's deadly.

Back to the question in hand: a more biscuity biscuit with a chewy characteristic. Anyone any ideas? TIA.