PDA

View Full Version : fruit cake

Daffodil
May 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
does anyone have a recipe for a gluten-free, vegan fruit cake to hand? :)

maidenofthewell
May 24th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I made a vegan fruit cake at christmas but its not really like your traditional fruit cake.
It was basically loads of dried fruits (dates, figs, raisins) soaked for a couple hours, some fresh fruit (i think i used cherries, pears and plums), and soaked mixed nuts - brazilnuts, walnuts, almonds.
I blended them all up in a food processor and formed into a cake shape, put in the fridge for a while til it went a bit harder. I think I sprinkled it with coconut flakes and served it with hazelnut cream (blended soaked hazelnuts and a couple of dates)
Its not really a fruit cake fruit cake, but was really good! My non vegan family all loved it!

cedarblue
May 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM
pm our fellow member, kitteh - she's the queen of gluten-free baking!

Daffodil
May 25th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I made a vegan fruit cake at christmas but its not really like your traditional fruit cake.
It was basically loads of dried fruits (dates, figs, raisins) soaked for a couple hours, some fresh fruit (i think i used cherries, pears and plums), and soaked mixed nuts - brazilnuts, walnuts, almonds.
I blended them all up in a food processor and formed into a cake shape, put in the fridge for a while til it went a bit harder. I think I sprinkled it with coconut flakes and served it with hazelnut cream (blended soaked hazelnuts and a couple of dates)
Its not really a fruit cake fruit cake, but was really good! My non vegan family all loved it!

thanks, sounds nice. :)