PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite bedtime drink?

Chewbacca
May 28th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I am drinking hot soya milk with a large teaspoon of brown rice amazake. Plus a teaspoon of maple syrup. Plus a teaspoon of juggery sugar syrup.

Quite tasty!

BlackCats
May 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
What is amazake?

I sometimes have cocoa with rice milk and sugar and sometimes also some soya cream but usually just in the winter, although it's not exactly hot weather here at the moment.

cobweb
May 28th, 2009, 10:03 AM
rooibos tea.

Cherry
May 28th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I often have hot chocolate cravings at bedtime, but then the cup of tea cravings overpower them! Sometimes I opt for a nice barleycup.

DavidT
May 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Both myself and the OH really like this, made in a proper teapot: a camomile tea bag, three to five drops of vanilla essence and a level tablespoon of dried orange peel. All organic, even the peel (the rind, not the white bit) which we dry ourselves. Leave it to sit for seven or eight minutes.

Sip whilst still quite hot. Very relaxing.

Chewbacca
May 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
What is amazake?

Amazake is made from Brown Rice. I use as a sweetner, although on the jar it says you can use in hot water as a drink. I used it in hot soya milk and it makes a nice flavour drink.

For more information you can look at this link below:

Amazake on wikipedia. (http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazake)

Roxy
May 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
My other half and I have been enjoying some nice cups of decaf chai tea with vanilla soy milk, before bedtimes lately.

DavidT
May 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Vanilla is good.

Roxy
May 28th, 2009, 05:34 PM
very, very good :)

cedarblue
May 29th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Amazake is made from Brown Rice. I use as a sweetner,

and you have this with maple syrup and sugar syrup? isn't it really sweet? that would buzz me up at sleepy time.:dizzy:

emmapresley
May 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM
mm liquorice tea..little bit of rice milk..the vanilla stuff and a sludge of maple syrup..steep for a bit and glug back..ahh it's sooo nice and soothy

Chewbacca
May 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
and you have this with maple syrup and sugar syrup? isn't it really sweet? that would buzz me up at sleepy time.:dizzy:

Yeah it was really sweet. I was just experimenting and it tasted lovely.

I think it calms me down before I go to bed, sort of like a relaxant.

Marrers
May 30th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I often like a mug of Kahlua and hot water.

Hekaterine
May 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Kahlua and hot water sounds nice - I never thought of that.

Daffodil
Jun 1st, 2009, 12:58 PM
tomato juice with worcester sauce :-)

Roxy
Jun 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Is that like a virgin Bloody Mary?

beanstew
Jun 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I like a nice cup of cocoa made with Oatly when it's cold. A sprinkle of nutmeg makes it extra yummy.

Before I was Vegan I used to love Horlicks. Does anyone know a good alternative that tastes similar?

Roxy
Jun 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I haven't had hot cocoa in ages. It's cooler and overcast here today....just the weather for a hot cocoa.

Kitteh
Jun 7th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I haven't had hot cocoa in ages. It's cooler and overcast here today....just the weather for a hot cocoa.

Mmm, great idea. It's been raining here for almost 2 weeks, excl.today, so a hot chocolate would be perfect!

And my pre-bed drink is a glass of water with magnesium, I sleep so well :)

BlackCats
Jun 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
And my pre-bed drink is a glass of water with magnesium, I sleep so well :)

Really, I've never heard of that. I might try it, thanks.:)

Daffodil
Jun 7th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Is that like a virgin Bloody Mary?

yeah that's it :-)

Ms_Derious
Jun 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I toast a few tablespoons of rice in a dry pan untill they start going brown, then add two mugs of soy milk, and simmer for about 15 mins... after that. Then strain and drink.

I like it... it reminds me of popcorn :) The strain out rice is kinda nice mixed in with some cinnamon as a bedtime snack.