PDA

View Full Version : Choc peanut butter bars

Pansypuss
Jun 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM
These are wonderful! The only problem is not eating too much.

1 small jar peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 dl syrup
9 dl crushed cornflakes
150g dark choc

Melt the syrup and peanut butter. Add cornflakes. Put in a tin (I used 18 x 25cms). Melt choc and spread over. If you donīt want to wait too long before you eat it, put it in the freezer for about 30mins.

pusskins
Jun 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Oh, that sounds nom! :) Pardon my ignorance, but what is dl?

Ms_Derious
Jun 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Is this the 'people with cat names and avatars thread' or can I join? I have three cats if it helps?

dl is a Decilitre, which is 100ml :) It tripped me up when I was reading European's recipes on blogs!

Oh, and the recipe sounds super nom!

Pansypuss
Jun 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM
1 dl = 100ml or 4 fl.ozs, does that help? I just weighed the 9 dl of cornflakes and it is around 4 oz. Yes they are way too good, very bad for the waistline!

Pansypuss
Jun 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I had three cats but one died last summer :( Also have a dog, a degu and 5 pet hens.

Ms_Derious
Jun 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the cat. I had to have one of mine put down last Easter... her sister got very lonely because at the time we only had the two... then a local rescue place was looking for a home for two sister cats who were both 15... so then I had three.

1 dl = 100ml or 4 fl.ozs, does that help? I just weighed the 9 dl of cornflakes and it is around 4 oz. Yes they are way too good, very bad for the waistline!

I might try making a smaller amougt.... peanuts butter and me tend to end in me eating it all! How big is the jar of peanut butter?

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cookingconversions.asp is always good for converting recipes back and forth.

Pansypuss
Jun 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I think about 300g - 10 or 11 ozs. I didnīt have a full jar. I donīt think it matters much I think itīll taste good whatever!
Let me know how you get on and if you like it.
My cat was 12 and had a brain tumour. One of the others nearly died as she stopped eating. Her immune system broke down and she ended up skin and bone. 5 days at the vet and loads of drugs. Then she had to have some teeth out once she recovered. The other one had to have 9 teeth out over two operations. They are both nearly 16. I stopped counting the cost after a while it all cost a fortune. Still I was very lucky, we could afford it and we still have two lovely cats.
PS my first cat when I was five I called Pansy....

cedarblue
Jun 10th, 2009, 07:31 PM
this sounds extremely tasty and something i will be trying - thanks pansypuss!