PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Vegan Fayre 2004

Pages : [1] 2 3

gertvegan
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Yaoh has teamed up with Viva!, the worlds biggest animal rights group, to present the 2nd Bristol Vegan Fayre on October 30th 2004, at the L- Shed, Bristol. With over 80 businesses and organisations expected, representing every aspect of the Vegan lifestyle, the show boast a fat line up of entertainment and education, with a full kids area, stage, bands, DJ's, comedians, clowns and magicians complementing the busy talks and demos area, which sees Gareth Zeal, nutritional adviser to Manchester City FC, Robbie Hazeley (vegan bodybuilder), Mike Abrahams (Wild Oats), Juliet Gellatley (Viva!) and a host of others deliver a wide range of information. With loads of free tastings, a cocktail bar, comfy area, cafes , juice bars and a whole lot more, this really is a good day out for all the family - and best of all, its free!

Are you going to the fayre snaffler ?

snaffler
Sep 28th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I will be coming along to the Bristol Vegan Fair No Worries - This will be the first VEGAN fair I would have ever gone to, I do not know why I have never been to one.

I guess that all my visits have been to AR demos and related events along those lines up to now and of course October 1st is Hunting Season so I may have been out sabbing.

See you there - by the way I know Bristol Pretty well but any chance of a Multi-Map link please :D

gertvegan
Sep 28th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Not multimap, but a good enough link. HERE. (http://www.bristol-city.gov.uk/cgi-bin/citymapkey.pl?mapref=d5&keygroup=2)

snaffler
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Cheers Gert :)

Trendygirl
Oct 10th, 2004, 08:55 PM
I am defiantly going! I can’t wait it sounds wicked! I have even put all the information about it on the Birmingham vegan meet up group message board www.vegan.meetup.com/142/ for those Brummies wanting to check it out. There is even a free bus there if people ring up and book a place. I have even put up posters around my uni to try get people interested! We should all be going, get a big crowd and show people that there are more of us than people think!

I AM SO EXCITED! Sorry I just can’t believe that I am going to be surround by like minded people and all those GOODIES is making my mouth is water just thinking about it!

gertvegan
Oct 11th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Thanks Trendygirl, you're a star.

Gorilla
Oct 11th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Excellent, i'm definitely going, i'm really looking forward to it too. :D

celtic rose
Oct 11th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I'm only 1 hour away from Bristol and hoping to go to the fayre. Never been to a vegan fayre before so looking forward to picking up lots of tips. :)

moonbeamzzz
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:20 PM
hi there vegan brothers and sisters!my partner lisa and i re definately going to the bristol vegan fayre!we went last year and it was like landing on planet vegan-didnt want to leave!but hey now i/we have this forum,planet vegan is here 24/7 and...its good to be home!feel like a vegan festival veteran,lol-been to 2 in london,1 in bristol and 1 in manchester!there are always lots of inspiring speakers,amazing stalls(i have t shirtitis and have bought 3 so far,my fav is my meat is murdr one which i love to wear as often as possible as it is thought provoking to the general public),and lots of yummy food(especially cocoa tree chocolate :) )anyway,hope ive whetted your appetites for a soul-quenching bristol vegan fayre ;)see you all there?with vegan flavoured emotion from ruthie.xxx.

gertvegan
Oct 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Talk schedule for the Fayre.

Freidenstien Howard - Vegfam 'The Vegan Lifestyle and the Developing World' 11AM
Jill Swyers 'Benefits of Living Foods' 11.30AM
Gareth Zeal 'Vegan Sports Nutrition' 12 NOON
Tony Wardle - Viva! '5 Easy Steps To Going Vegan' 12.30PM
Mike Abrahams - Wild Oats 'Vegan Nutrition' 1PM
Juliet Gellatley - Viva! 'Pregnancy, Babies and the Vegan Lifestyle' 1.30PM
Babi Chana - Regency Practice 'Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids' 2PM
Clare Benjamin - Bristol Cancer Help Centre 'The Bristol Approach' 2.30PM
Juliet Gellatley - Viva! 'Why You Don't Need Dairy' 3PM
Geoff Thomas - Dr Hadwen's Trust 'Alternatives to Animal Testing' 3.30PM
Patrick Browne - Vegan Organic Trust 'Growing Vegan Organic' 4PM
Derek Bielby - HempUnion 'The Devon Hemp Harvest 2004 4.30PM
Dr Gina Shaw - 'Rewrite your life through fast and raw food' 5PM

snaffler
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Looking forward to it loads :-)

gertvegan
Oct 14th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Theres also.

Cooking vegan for xmas by Barbara French - 10AM
Vegan body building demo by Pete and Robbie - 11AM
Making smoothies and hemp milk with Tim from Yaoh - 12 NOON
Another chance to catch Man City FC nutritionist Gareth again - 2PM

Plus: Food Tastings * Cocktail Bar * Kids Area * Live Bands * Chill Out DJ’s * Comfy Zone * Cafes * Juice Bars * Magicians * Clowns * Comedians * Movies.

I'll try and get a link to the programme.

Childishly excited gert.

snaffler
Oct 14th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Here is a PDF file for the Bristol Vegan Fayre, this was sent over to me from Gert who has asked me to put it up for all to see - due to my web space restriction it will only be online until the end of the month.

Bristol Vegan Fayre Programme (www.add.org.uk/Final programme.pdf)

To open this document you will need Acrobat Reader which you can download free of charge from here

Acrobat Reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

gertvegan
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks snaffler, take a bow.

gertvegan
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Pete and Robbie are doing the Vegan body building talk on the main stage at 12pm and not a demo or song/dance routine as previously mentioned. They will have a stall there with new info/advice sheets t-shirts etc

snaffler
Oct 25th, 2004, 11:42 AM
No reason for this post other than to Bring this to the top of the Pile to let everyone know it is just a few days away now......

Se get on Dowwwn (down in a drawn out Whitchurch style) Ta Brizle Youngen and get E some gert lush vegan grub. :D

gertvegan
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:11 PM
If you're going to the fayre, and you see someone dressed up in a big bright orange carrott outfit, that'll be me. Do come and say hello.

The best way to make sure you meet up with other vegan forumers is to swap mobile numbers and text them when you arrive. I know most people have done that already.

4 days to go and counting. :D

Oh, the carrott outfit, only kidding.

celtic rose
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I've just read the fayre programme and it sounds great. Really looking forward to it.

bulletproof
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:34 PM

oh i was looking forward to saying hello to a carrot
:(

PinkFluffyCloud
Oct 26th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I really wish I was going........will you all be addressing each other by your forum names?? :D
I hope you will all write about it afterwards so the rest of us will feel like we were there! :)

snaffler
Oct 28th, 2004, 12:09 PM
If you're going to the fayre, and you see someone dressed up in a big bright orange carrott outfit, that'll be me. Do come and say hello.

The best way to make sure you meet up with other vegan forumers is to swap mobile numbers and text them when you arrive. I know most people have done that already.

4 days to go and counting. :D

LOL Gert Carrot cool you will be easy to find to get these shirts then LOL I can't wait.

snaffler
Oct 28th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Just another more serious note to avoide getting your £££££ shredded from your pockets if you are coming by car use the Brislington Park & Ride it's cheap as chips.

All the info is here Gert Park & Ride Place In Brizzle (http://www.bristol-city.gov.uk/traffic/tt_ti_pr_bath_road.html)

gertvegan
Oct 29th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Theres also the gert Long Ashton Park & Ride (http://www.bristol-city.gov.uk/Fuguri/frame.html?D+DTT02902+BG+F+CMM00107+DMM00108+DTT01 506+DTT02604) to the South West of the City me babber. Or the A4 Portway Park & Ride (http://www.bristol-city.gov.uk/Fuguri/frame.html?D+DTT02903+BG+F+CMM00107+DMM00108+DTT01 506+DTT02604) to the North West of the City me luvver.

See you there. :)

snaffler
Oct 29th, 2004, 12:29 PM
If anyone is wonder what we B yack on about my babbers in all this Bristle Yabber Check out these links it will out a gert smile on your muttons :D

The Bristle (http://www.thatbebristle.co.uk/)
A Dictionary of Bristle (http://www.thatbebristle.co.uk/dictionary/a.shtml)

It be a right gooden luver :D :D :D

cedarblue
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:03 AM
to anyone going to bristol fest today - ENJOY YOURSELVES - tell the rest of us all about it :)