PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Brunch

Pages : 1 [2]

Buddha Belly
Sep 16th, 2009, 11:36 PM
We have not made anything from ours yet. Any recommendations?

Kitteh
Sep 18th, 2009, 12:29 AM
All of the three things I made were deeeeelish! Other people have loved the cinnamon rolls, the English muffins, the scrambles and omlettes.

veganwitch
Sep 18th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Everything I've made from this book (see above posts) has been delicious. The East Coast Coffee Cake I've made 3x. First w/ chocolate chips & raspberries, then w/ bananas & chocolate chips, and most recently w/ cinnamon and figs.

Today I made the tempeh sausage pastry puffs. My husband and I have already eaten 4 each. So good! It's the first time I ever used puff pastry. I also made the smoothies supreme. Best berry smoothie I've ever had. Using frozen bananas really makes a difference.

BB, if you are interested in a yummy recipe that makes a lot, I'd recommend the Mom's Morning Casserole w/ the Cheesy Sauce. We ate that all week.

veganwitch
Sep 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I made the tomato rosemary scones yesterday. They are such a pretty color and yummy as well. We had them w/ soup. The dough was very sticky when I turned it out to knead it and I had to add a considerable amount of extra flour.

veganwitch
Oct 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I am beginning to wonder what I ate before I got this cookbook. Over the weekend I made the Puttanesca Scramble, Potato & Spinach Squares, and the Banana Rabanada. They were all so, so good. I will be making them all again. I might make more of the tofu dish today b/c I have a lot of the potato squares left over. It makes a big pan (but that's a good thing :)). I highly recommend all those dishes. And Isa is right (of course), the puttanesca and the potato squares really compliment each other nicely.

timberly
Oct 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM
veganwitch you sure love this book! I like you profile picture, it's one of my favorite :rolleyes:

veganwitch
Oct 14th, 2009, 12:20 AM
thanks timberly :)

timberly
Nov 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
tomato rosemary scone with tofutti cream cheese :)
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/timberlys/DSC01824.jpg

fondducoeur
Jan 14th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I have had and loved this book for a while, but have recently made a few things that were really good. New Years day I made the chesapeak tempeh cakes w/roulade and the shiitake dill frittata. Both were so good! I think I liked this frittata variation better than the swiss chard one, which I had made several times. The tempeh cakes were so good. They were a little crumbly as vegan witch mentioned earlier in the thread, but not too bad.
Today I made the breakfast risotto topped with smoky shiitakes. I also fried some fakin tempeh bacon with it (lightlife). The risotto was very good, especially with the smoky mushrooms and tempeh.

Other things I have made in the past are the roasted butternut squash, scrambled tempeh, choc. chip espresso muffins, mom's morning casserole and a tofu omelette w/broccoli rabe & capers. It has pretty much all been super good.

Next I really want to attempt the crepes, but I'm scared...

poppylily
Jan 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I have this book :D great recipes that actually taste good. It inspired me to buy a waffle iron, which I broke after making my first batch D: I made the choc beer waffles and they were truly awesome.

Firestorm
Jan 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
They all sound really good, let us know how you get on with the Crepes!

I have only made a few things from Vegan Brunch but they have all been brilliant. I have made Italian Feast Sausages, French toast and the hash browns (the hash browns were a little grey but still tasty).

Blueberries
Nov 18th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I made the cocoa and raspberry muffins from Vegan Brunch today, they were lovely. I followed the recipe exactly, except for the almond extract, and used frozen raspberries. I also have my eye on the coffee cake and its variations. Seems like a really good book, the idea of 'brunch' translates for me as a lazy weekend breakfast and I love that type of food!

Blueberries
Feb 7th, 2013, 10:37 PM
This evening I made the bagel recipe from VB. Somehow I halved a recipe for 12 bagels & got three but they turned out really nicely, just like shop-bought ones :)

Blueberries
Jun 16th, 2013, 09:42 PM
I made the English muffins from VB today. My mixture ended up being really wet and I needed to add a tonne of extra flour but once they were baked they turned out perfectly, lovely and fluffy :)