PDA

View Full Version : Paignton, Devonshire. Help!!

inuit
Jun 30th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hi! I'm spanish and I'm going to travel this summer to the UK to study and improve my English :)

Yesterday the company I'm travelling with sent me some information of the place I'm going to stay... it's called Paignton, in Devonshire (England), in the southeast.

I've been searching in the internet but it's getting difficult to find vegan places to eat there :confused:, and I'm starting to think I'm going to die of hunger! hahaha :)

Anyone here could help me? Plase, I'm desesperate :sad:! I really hope you all could understand this message, but anyway sorry for my bad english!

Thanks a lot!!

Wooden Shoe
Jul 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Inuit,

Even though I've never been to Paignton and don't live any where near it I thought I'd try and help you any way. Don't worry your English is very good, the only thing is people these days just say Devon and not Devonshire. :thumbsup:

I had a search and it looks like there are a couple of places that should be suitable: http://www.veggieplaces.co.uk/vegetarian_restaurant_paignton_gb.html . It looks as if your best bets are outside Paignton but they are not too far away and you should be able to get public transport to them. A little futher away, roughly 20 miles from Paignton is Exeter which has some places with vegan options (look on the 2nd page on the link above). As does the nearest big city Plymouth which is about 40 miles from Paignton. There does appear to be two hotels/B&B's that have vegan options in Paignton itself, so who knows if you email them and get friendly with the owners perhaps they'll let you come in just to have some vegan meals?!

I also found a post on the SARC website about a Torquay (which is right next to Paignton) vegan society group who may have some meetings, it said you could contact Hilary at hils46@yahoo.co.uk.

I hope you find some of this info useful and enjoy your stay! :smile: