PDA

View Full Version : Going barefoot

Pages : [1] 2

fiamma
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Just wondering how many people do this outside in their home city, town or village... I used to do it when I lived in Melbourne, but have never done it in the village where I live or in Bologna for that matter...

Let me know your thoughts and experiences! :)

cobweb
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I love it and used to do it all the time. However, i have the most poorly feet now, and i literally can't walk far unless i have decent, thick-soled shoes on (I have Plantar Fasciitis :mad:).

I think it's lovely to go barefoot in warm places as long as you look where you're going! :eek::lol:.

fiamma
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your feet, Cobby.

Looking where you're going is a must, I agree - here people have a nasty habit of not cleaning up after their four-legged friends... :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Ms_Derious
Jul 10th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I never wear shoes in the house, but out and about I do, mainly because other people are vile and not only do they leave dog poop everywhere, but spit out gum, drop litter and smash up broken bottles.

Even in the countryside you come across sharp stones, thorns etc... it's just easier to wear shoes!

Jiffy
Jul 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Back in the day when I did Karate we regularly went for barefoot runs. ISTR that the juniors were allowed to wear trainers.

Enchantress
Jul 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Last week I couldn't find any comfortable shoes to wear, so I walked to the drs' surgery barefoot. I burnt my feet on the tarmac and got blisters on the soles of both feet. I don't think I'll be trying it again anytime soon.

fiamma
Jul 10th, 2009, 03:42 PM
^ Ooh, ouch :sad: How about flip-flops? They're practically all I wear here in summer.

Mr Flibble
Jul 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I wear sandals pretty much all summer too, including when its raining. It would be simply criminal of me not to share my feet with the world ;)

I'm still interested in some Vibram Fiver Fingers (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/technology/faqs.cfm), but they're still a little pricey for something I might not wear very often.

fiamma
Jul 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
It would be simply criminal of me not to share my feet with the world ;)

:lol:

puca
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Warning: Graphic post!

I walk barefoot most places and love the feel of the earth beneath my feet. Mostly I love the feel of grass, though sand or warm tarmac can be nice. If it was safe, I most likely would not wear shoes at all. I think most non painful/non tickly feelings against my feet are divine!

However, once I was walking along the Thames in Kingston and stepped on glass! I have quite soft skin on my palms and feet and it went right through. I put on my surfer sandals and I have never seen so much blood pouring from a cut. It was grim.

Serves me right I guess.

fiamma
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
^ *fiamma goes green* :dizzy: I think I'm rapidly going off the idea... :dizzy:

RubyDuby
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm still interested in some Vibram Fiver Fingers (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/technology/faqs.cfm), but they're still a little pricey for something I might not wear very often.
Those look awesome!! Ordering online I would be afraid they wouldn't fit right, and I hate returning through mail... My feet are really long and narrow. If I saw these in a store and could try them on, they would be mine!!

puca
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM
^ *fiamma goes green* :dizzy: I think I'm rapidly going off the idea... :dizzy:
My wound makes you recycle and cut down your carbon footprint

Hooray!

*live*&*let*live
Jul 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I never thought I would find a thread like this! I LOVE barefoot! I think I was a sixties flower child in a former life. I don't do shoes in the house, have been known to take them off at work - totally barefoot - hope H&S aren't reading this!, walk around outside and end up with the blackest of soles. I don't like walking on rough terrain as it hurts. But with the soles of your feet being one - if not the - most sensitive part of your body I'm not surprised! I love sand and grass, but not the 'deposits' left by irresponsible dog 'owners'. :rolleyes:;)

Buddha Belly
Jul 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I love barefoot too. Every chance I get the shoes etc come off. I would not dare do it in my dog poo infested estate though.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Love those 'shoes' too! Although they would only go on in the rocky bits of water or pebbly beaches, too much like the real thing! :D

fresquinho
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I like going barefoot for walks in the woods. Or, in the Summer, even to burn my soles on hot sand and tarmac and metal feels good.
I'd like to talk about the benefits of barfußkeit but I think you can find them online. Anyway, barefoot is awesome! (see here (http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1970/25/81/594930151/n594930151_2028156_2100.jpg) - when you walk on mud it's all squishy and funny)

veganwitch
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I think I was a sixties flower child in a former life.

That describes me exactly!

sandra
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I often run around in the garden on rainy days in my barefeet...........I love the feel of the cool, wet grass! :)

Zorillo
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I often run around in the garden on rainy days in my barefeet...........I love the feel of the cool, wet grass! :)

Wow, you'd be cool too "hang out" with :P

f2097
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I like to go barefoot, its a nice feeling; especially when its a nice day.

I have to agree the wet grass thing is awesome. Whenever I'm somewhere that has a beach I have to go for a paddle too. It reminds me of my childhood hobbling across pebbly beaches barefoot trying to get to the sea :)

Zorillo
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I was walking in Brum barefoot maybe last week. I had skin coming off from a shoe rubbing I guess. I guess someone stopped their vehicle and commented. Ignored them though. I guess I was tired, anxious and didn't want to speak to anyone.

sandra
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Wow, you'd be cool too "hang out" with :P

:D

I like to go barefoot, its a nice feeling; especially when its a nice day.

I have to agree the wet grass thing is awesome. Whenever I'm somewhere that has a beach I have to go for a paddle too. It reminds me of my childhood hobbling across pebbly beaches barefoot trying to get to the sea :)

Yes, I think that's why I love being barefoot outside..........it reminds me too of my childhood! :)
I can still feel the freezing rush of sea water running over my tootsies when I was about 8 or 9!

I was walking in Brum barefoot maybe last week. I had skin coming off from a shoe rubbing I guess. I guess someone stopped their vehicle and commented. Ignored them though. I guess I was tired, anxious and didn't want to speak to anyone.

Oh, that's sounds so painful Zorillo! :(
I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and wore new shoes..........I had to walk quite a bit (we were in Botanic gardens) and my feet were all blistered. They're only just starting to feel better!

emmapresley
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:52 PM
i walk barefoot in the house all the time and outside a fair bit when i can..i really like it..try and wlak barefoot round the supermarket cos it feels really nice the cold..but i got bollocked by someone in sainsburys over it..and people do make comments. well sod off and mind your own business..ha..if i cut my foot, it's my problem..i think if you're walking outside barefoot as well it makes you a little bit more mindful of where you're putting your feet and who you might be treading on..gotta look out for the little beasties. i accidently crushed a snail last week..:( i'm usually verycareful not to stand on them cos i think they're great, but i turned and waved at someone and at that exact time when i wasn't looking heard a crunch..very sickening..i felt just awful..was wearing shoes at the time though

*live*&*let*live
Jul 11th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Oh dear, sorry snail R.I.P. ...you have a snail tattoo don't u?
Why did they tell u off in Sainsbury's? H&S? I often walk around bare foot, it's very cool on the floor, but OMG SO dirty! If anyone said anything to me, which they never have I would say that my shoes were hurting! If something isn't the 'norm' people find they have to comment. What's the harm? Mind their own, as you said! :dizzy::surprised_ani: