PDA

View Full Version : Comparing brands

Sarabi
Jul 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Here you are welcome to post brand comparisons. If you want to give a shout out for a brand you really like, but haven't yet compared, that's welcome, too... but let's try to keep it mostly as comparisons.

Hemp milk: Living Harvest is GREAT (my favorite milk)! Hemp Dream is way too watery, even if you shake it well. Kind of gross in comparison. I now almost know what it is like to have cereal with water. (I just used Hemp milk in Sarah Kramer's "Chocolate Upside-down Pudding Cake," and it was fine.)

Soy Milk: Edensoy is extra silky, which I don't like. The aftertaste is like having something stuck to my tongue. Silk is only other brand I've tried - good stuff.

Milk: Not huge fan of soy milk I've tried as it's usually too silky. Living Harvest Hemp and Pacific oat milk are my favorites for taste. Rice Dream is alright; I like the chocolate milk, very similar to dairy milk. Almond milk is so-so, haven't had it in a while.

Yoghurt: Sooo Delicious Coconut Yoghurt is good, a little too sweet for me, but I'd buy it again. Favorite is soy yoghurt (can't remember brand).

RubyDuby
Jul 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Ice cream (U.S.A.)

So Delicious: kind of blah. It was the first I tried and put me off vegan ice cream completely for a long time.

Purely Decadent: My absolute favorite. Every flavor I've tried is delicious.

Rice Dream: I've only tried the carrot cake flavor and it was mighty good.

Tofutti: have only had the cuties and they are delicious!