PDA

View Full Version : Can you pass the UK citizenship test?

Pages : [1] 2 3

gogs67
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

I failed!!:D

You have failed the practice citizenship test.
Questions answered correctly: 15 out of 24 (63%)
Time taken: 02 minutes 40 seconds

Buddha Belly
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I got the same score in about the same time.

fiamma
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I got 12 out of 24... Does that mean I'm a bad citizen? Sorry, but if that's a test of "citizenship" there's something badly wrong somewhere... :D

gogs67
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I got 12 out of 24... Does that mean I'm a bad citizen? Sorry, but if that's a test of "citizenship" there's something badly wrong somewhere... :D
It's a 'representation' of part of the test that immigrants to the UK have to sit to gain citizenship seemingly!

Looks like i may be asked to leave!:D

fiamma
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:02 AM
^ LoL gogs - with most of the UK population it looks like :D Gotta keep those nasty foreigners out, eh?? :rolleyes:

Enchantress
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:06 AM
I got 10. I suck :D. I wonder where the authorities will decided to deport me to? I quite fancy New Zealand, my grandfather was from there.

gogs67
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:11 AM
^ LoL gogs - with most of the UK population it looks like :D Gotta keep those nasty foreigners out, eh?? :rolleyes:
Whatever happened to just singing 'God save the Queen' whilst doing a cockney dance and writing Winston Churchill 20 times, eh?
Changed days, lol!

Mr Flibble
Jul 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I failed:

Questions answered correctly: 16 out of 24 (67%)

Time taken: 04 minutes 39 seconds

Buddha Belly
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Whatever happened to just singing 'God save the Queen' whilst doing a cockney dance and writing Winston Churchill 20 times, eh?
Changed days, lol!

Dick Van Dyke managed to sneak in. After that it was felt safer not to take such a chance again.

fiamma
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Good score Flibs! I got my dad to do it and he failed too. And he's a well-educated, well-read guy.. Go figure.

matt35mm
Jul 16th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Nobody passes this test.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
^Think that may be the idea^:rolleyes: It is difficult and what's with the statistics!? I am a so-called citizen and I haven't got a clue about half of those figures! Pure guesswork. :smile:

harpy
Jul 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I got 16 too, and some of that was through lucky guesses. I imagine this is the sort of test where you mug up the answers from the book the night before and then forget them the day after you pass?

Not sure I can think of anything that would be good to have in a citizenship test actually. Perhaps practical stuff that it might actually be useful to know, like when you should dial 999 and who you should ring if it's not such an emergency?

*live*&*let*live
Jul 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=harpy;590823]I got 16 too, and some of that was through lucky guesses. I imagine this is the sort of test where you mug up the answers from the book the night before and then forget them the day after you pass?

Pretty much like many drivers then :eek::rolleyes:;)

'Not sure I can think of anything that would be good to have in a citizenship test actually. Perhaps practical stuff that it might actually be useful to know, like when you should dial 999 and who you should ring if it's not such an emergency?'

mmmhh good idea, still get people ringing to take the top off the milk tho' methinks.......!

harpy
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Yes I was thinking "driving test" as well although I think the theory test is a bit more thorough than when I did it so perhaps people remember more now?

I suppose people who apply for citizenship have normally been living here for a while so the obvious stuff may be too easy. They probably should make them learn Morris Dancing or something to see if they're really committed ;)

f2097
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Oh no 8 out of 24.

Some of those questions were a little strange though and kinda useless info. Does this mean those of us that fail get deported? I want to go somewhere where it isn't raining please :D

leedsveg
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:41 AM
In a cave somewhere in the Tora Bora mountains of eastern Afghanistan, Osama Bin Laden is sat feeling very smug 'cos he did the test today on his notebook and got 100%! What he now wants to know is can he come over and apply for citizenship or does his 'previous' still count against him?:eek:

gogs67
Jul 17th, 2009, 01:18 AM
In a cave somewhere in the Tora Bora mountains of eastern Afghanistan, Osama Bin Laden is sat feeling very smug 'cos he did the test today on his notebook and got 100%! What he now wants to know is can he come over and apply for citizenship or does his 'previous' still count against him?:eek:
Funnily enough he already applied for asylum here in the 90's.
And if it had been granted then it could have become very interesting, as the then home secretary Michael howard puts it
“If he had come here to plot the attacks on the twin towers and the US had subsequently asked for his extradition, then by then, under the Labour Government’s laws, he could not have been sent because they refuse to extradite to a country which has the death penalty.”

Would America have invaded the UK to look for him?

leedsveg
Jul 17th, 2009, 01:34 AM

Didn't know that. I knew that his family have a large construction company in Saudi Arabia. Do we know why his application was turned down?

gogs67
Jul 17th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Didn't know that. I knew that his family have a large construction company in Saudi Arabia. Do we know why his application was turned down?
He was having to leave the Sudan and I think his name was linked to the bombing of the US base in Riyadh so he was banned from making a formal application here!

*live*&*let*live
Jul 17th, 2009, 02:31 AM
And if it had been granted then it could have become very interesting, as the then home secretary Michael howard puts it
“If he had come here to plot the attacks on the twin towers and the US had subsequently asked for his extradition, then by then, under the Labour Government’s laws, he could not have been sent because they refuse to extradite to a country which has the death penalty.”

Would America have invaded the UK to look for him?

Oh without a doubt IMO! They would have sent in the CIA or covert ops......:cool::cool::cool::D (seriously I think they would have.... MIB)

Kate1978
Jul 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM

Time taken: 03 minutes

So, where will I get deported to, I wonder? :D

gogs67
Jul 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Time taken: 03 minutes

So, where will I get deported to, I wonder? :D
Shhhhh....................just be an 'illegal' like the rest of us!:cool::D

*live*&*let*live
Jul 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
OOOhhh do you think we all can go underground and form a vegan village...... *Listen do you hear them drawing near in the search for the sinners....we can start all over agaaaainnnn, start all over agaaaainnnn.....in a brave new world...with just a handful of men....* Quickly snaps out of her David Essex haze.......:eek::o Sorreee would like to blame copious amounts of alcohol but not had any yet....*rushes downstairs and glugs a glass*

gogs67
Jul 17th, 2009, 10:12 PM
^ You come back from yer wine and, as if by magic..................
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g34/gogs67/196291-757bc1993ab0e6c6f5cb5e2d630d.jpg

:D