PDA

View Full Version : Humorous vegan top tips

Pages : 1 [2]

Daffodil
Jul 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM
And it's always best to cut up your debit card before entering a health food store... :p

Next?

that is SOOOO true! lol. i pop in for some soya milk and end up with 6 carrier bags! haha.

pat sommer
Jul 26th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Here as a homeschooling mum with my partner's software company Schmap.com until we sell. (not holding my breath)

DiaShel
Jul 26th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Before entering a social situation with new people, take 5 minutes alone in the car to mentally prepare for all the typical stupid questions you'll get. Never be caught off guard!

fiamma
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
^ Soooo true, DiaShel!! Yesterday I got "I love meat and fish, I just don't want to know anything about where it comes from." :rolleyes::rolleyes: It makes me sad :down:

When that strange, exotic ingredient is on sale with 90% off, there's a reason for it.

Generally speaking, the desire to eat that bizarre, exotic vegan ingredient lurking in your cupboard is inversely proportional to the length of time it's been in there.

karlinda
Jul 26th, 2009, 08:31 PM
- If wearing a veg*n message shirt/badge/patch/etc. be prepared to answer a million & one questions about it.

- never run out of Marmite (or preferably another brand of yeast extract that isn't owned by some big evil corporation).

- If you're new to all this, get used to your family & friends assuming it's 'just a phase'. My phase has now lasted 25 years, & my mother is still waiting for it to end.

- If you're being dragged out to eat at a fairly non-veg-friendly place, eat before you go. No, seriously, eat before you go. It's amazing how grumpy you can get at the end of a four-course salad.:pissed:

*live*&*let*live
Jul 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=fiamma;593397]^ Soooo true, DiaShel!! Yesterday I got "I love meat and fish, I just don't want to know anything about where it comes from." :rolleyes::rolleyes: It makes me sad :down:

THAT drives me nuts!! It really does, or 'I'm an animal lover but I eat them'....AAAgh! :eek::mad:

-
- If you're being dragged out to eat at a fairly non-veg-friendly place, eat before you go. No, seriously, eat before you go. It's amazing how grumpy you can get at the end of a four-course salad.:pissed:

:lol:

DiaShel
Jul 26th, 2009, 09:24 PM
When you get to work, pass out a detailed description of what you will be eating for lunch including ingredient lists and where you bought everything. If they have any questions they can get it out of the way early so you eat in peace come noon time.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 27th, 2009, 03:12 AM
^ that's a good one, fortunately I normally eat on my own (as predominately I work alone) but I know what you mean. People show sooo much interest and then don't want to eat it themselves :surprised_ani:

*apart from my ex-manager and friend who like a star has been taking bagels and hoummus to work for weeks now!* :D
(every little helps!)

imblissful
Jul 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Vegan tip: You buy yourself something super-duper yummy and don't want your omni family to consume it all (you are being selfish and want to eat it all). Just make the following announcement, "These Newman's Own cookies are vegan! Wow I didn't know they were vegan, did you know that they are vegan", because everyone knows that vegan food is wierd and normal people won't eat it.

Vegan tip: If it has more than 10 ingredients just put it back on the shelf.

Vegan tip: If you can't pronounce half of the ingredients just put it back.

Vegan tip: If someone is trying to start a debate with you, smile and ignore them.:D

Linxie
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Top Tip: Always carry an Emergency Flapjack on your inside jacket pocket in case of surprise cake cravings.

(this sounds like I made it up, but I have actually done this, especially when I ws just starting out being vegan....xD)

:D:D:D I did this on Saturday when I went to my friend's wedding!!!