PDA

View Full Version : Humorous vegan top tips

Pages : [1] 2

fiamma
Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
This thread is for light-hearted vegan top tips - no seriousness allowed ;):D.

I'll start by saying you can never have enough soy sauce in your cupboard.

And it's always best to cut up your debit card before entering a health food store... :p

Next?

DavidT
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Vegan cannibal here: I'm off to Scandinavia to top up on my supply of Swedes!

Ms_Derious
Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Top Tip: When you have 4 bags of 'just in case' chickpeas in the cupboard, it's time to stop.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
BOGOF offers when they are still there a year later uneaten, unloved, pass their sell-by and sat in the cupboard *sniff*
Seems they weren't such a 'bargain' after all.. ;)

DavidT
Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
When we were moving vegan-wards, the woman who for some reason married me quipped we'd soon be making food 'without any ingredients'.

leedsveg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
When we were moving vegan-wards, the woman who for some reason married me quipped we'd soon be making food 'without any ingredients'.

Was this in a vegan hospital?:D

lv

DavidT
Jul 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Grrr. 8)

leedsveg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
My top vegan tip would be as follows:

You have bought an item of food, and mid-way through eating it, vague doubts begin to arise that it may not in fact be vegan. (You had checked the wrapper but the 20+ ingredients were written in tiny letters in 20+ languages.) My tip is, before you check the ingredients again, swallow the mouthful you are eating. Nothing worse than spraying a mouthful of food out, especially when company is present.:eek:

leedsveg (Awaiting vegans sat in Ivory Towers, telling him how immoral, wrong etc this tip is)

DavidT
Jul 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Be careful when swimming in muesli. You might get caught by a strong currant and drown.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
:bigsmile2::bigsmile2: to the blinkin pair of you, you mad pair of idjits! :D

*but funny all the same*

fiamma
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
Seaweed is just wrong. (Apart from nori - nori ROCKS!!!)

matt35mm
Jul 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I thought Fiamma just misspelled hummous in the title. How wrong I was.

penhaligon
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Top Tip: Always carry an Emergency Flapjack on your inside jacket pocket in case of surprise cake cravings.

(this sounds like I made it up, but I have actually done this, especially when I ws just starting out being vegan....xD)

leedsveg
Jul 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Seaweed is just wrong. (Apart from nori - nori ROCKS!!!)

Hi fiamma

You ever had bladder wrack? And did you go to your doctor/pharmacist....?:eek:

leedsveg:)

Cherry
Jul 24th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Penhaligan - that is indeed a good tip :D Nakd bars would be good too.

I recently went to a family reunion, and my Dad and sister had been worrying about what I was going to eat and whether we'd have to nip out to pizza express. They came to the conclusion in the end that vegans never travel without emergency supplies, and rather embarrassingly, I proved them right by turning up with a box of hummous sandwiches. Ah well.

DavidT
Jul 24th, 2009, 12:52 PM
There's a rumour going round the internet that it's possible to get swine flu from tinned pork.

It could just be spam.

matt35mm
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
hahaha, that one's great!

*live*&*let*live
Jul 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Got that one as a text joke. U should see the one I got today about the swine flu jab OMG and it's not very funny either. Dirty pic :eek:

Stu
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I thought Fiamma just misspelled hummous in the title. How wrong I was.

Don't you mean houmous?

fiamma
Jul 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Crikey, I meant to write hummus. :rolleyes: :D

matt35mm
Jul 24th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Oh Stu, I never mean anything.

pat sommer
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Make peace with the vegetables of your childhood nightmares: they will likely as not appear as the only vegan option at a social occasion. Mmm pickled beetroot.

...and Leedsveg, you'll be waiting a long time for any vegan in an ivory tower
(tortoiseshell more my thing)

Stu
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Oh Stu, I never mean anything.

Do you mean that?

Stu
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I'll stop now.

leedsveg
Jul 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM
...and Leedsveg, you'll be waiting a long time for any vegan in an ivory tower
(tortoiseshell more my thing)

Hi PS

Only metaphorical ivory towers so no animals injured during construction. No stairs either as residents are beamed in to the top of their respective towers, from planet Zarg.

To change the subject, can I ask how long you are in China for and what you are doing there? (Sorry if you've already answered this on the forum.)

leedsveg:)