PDA

View Full Version : Daiya cheese

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

tperry1982
May 13th, 2013, 08:43 PM
I made Tofu scambles for Mother's Day brunch and I put Daiya shredded cheese in it. It melted like a dream and was delicious. I did not even miss the scambled eggs.

- - - Updated - - -

i've recently become a vegan and as someone who remembers what real cheese tastes like...i'm not impressed by daiya. we bought some due to the great reviews and made a pizza (with the mozzarella shreds) and i thought it tasted quite funny. JMO. :)

I just became vegan a few weeks ago and I definitely remember what cheese tastes like since I would buy it by the block and eat it all day at work. This cheese tastes great to me. The Tofurky vegan cheese pizza is very good. My daughter made a grilled cheese sandwich with it and she loved it. Also, a all vegan restaurant we go to makes the best mac and cheese and lasagna with it. I am truly surprised.

While I am still going to miss bleu cheese and feta, I can live with this.

tperry1982
May 13th, 2013, 09:11 PM
No haven't tried homemade yet. My daughter used to make homemade pizzas before with pre-made crusts that she checked to ensure they were vegan. She stopped when she couldn't use cheese anymore. Now with the Daiya, she may go back to making her own but with the Tofurky pizza, there really is no need now.

Tabbycat
May 14th, 2013, 03:04 AM
As far as Mozzarella goes, there is one called Vegan Gourmet Shreds by Follow your Heart that is soo much better than the Daiya Mozzarella.

http://followyourheart.com/products/mozzarella-shreds-27/