PDA

View Full Version : Cakesicles

squigaletta
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I just came across a recipe for cake balls coated in chocolate on sticks. You make them by mixing frosting with cake crumbs, rolling into balls and then coating. I really wanna make these but don't know what flavour to make! any suggestions?

Windfall
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:21 AM
strawberry/vanilla?

PaintedXSkyline
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:55 AM
chocolate!

Roxy
Aug 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Mmmmm! They sound delicious! Maple ones would be nice :)

squigaletta
Aug 24th, 2009, 08:39 PM
ooo maple and pecan would be lovely!
Chocolate would be good but I think you might need some contrast or it would be overload (if you can have such a thing)
Today I thought coffee cake, with vanilla frosting, coated in dark chocolate.
Or orange cake, vanilla icing, and dark chocolate coating.]

Going to wait until my boys get back before I make them though because I don't want to end up eating them all!

squigaletta
Aug 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
oh and sorry windfall didn't mean to ignore! Vanilla and strawbery sounds lovely but I have issues with fruit and chocolate. So I think they would be really good coated in white chocolate. Maybe with lime in the frosting to cut through the sweetness, plus they would look lovely!

Thanks for all the ideas! I love bouncing recipes about until I think it sounds right.

puca
Aug 31st, 2009, 11:24 AM
This sounds well good ;)

Please post a recipe

RubyDuby
Sep 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM
and pics of the finished product!

Sarah_
Sep 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM
*sob* One can never have too much chocolate.

I was to suggest chocolate cake with the chocolate over-dip and then throw on some chocolate sprinkles.

Kitteh
Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:17 AM
There are a lot of examples @ Bakerella (http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/01/dont-lick-bite.html)

sparklingsights
Sep 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Ooooh I second the maple/pecan combination... YUM!

There are a lot of examples @ Bakerella (http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/01/dont-lick-bite.html)
OHMYGOSH those are even more adorable than I imagined.