PDA

View Full Version : vegan au-pair family?

applepie
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:35 PM
A friend of mine from Austria graduated last year and has been working as a journalist since. It has always been her dream to spend a year in the UK as an au-pair. She is extremely hard-working, very good with children, a fantastic cook, on the whole the perfect au-pair I'd say. She's been in a relationship for 11 years, but as it is a long-distance relationship anyway neither of them sees any problem in her going abroad for a year. The only problem appears to be her veganism. Responses to her ad with au-pair agencies are very very few, and yesterday one of the agencies told her that she would have to adapt to the family she'd live with, and that eating a bit of meat wouldn't do her any harm :mad: I really hope she doesn't have to give up on her dream. Does anybody have any information about how to find an au-pair family that doesn't see veganism as a problem (she doesn't mind cooking meat for the children, she's been doing it for her babysitting children for some time) or, as the ideal solution, a vegan family?