PDA

View Full Version : Walk for farm animals

DiaShel
Sep 19th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I'm participating in the walk for farm animals in NYC on October 4th. It goes to help raise awareness about factory farming. I'm been to the farm sanctuary and they're doing such great things to educate people that visit the farm and to care for rescued farm animals.

If you are interested in donating to this great cause, see my page http://www.firstgiving.com/dianerobinson1

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Roxy
Sep 20th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Hehe - I posted a thread exactly the same as this one, hoping someone would want to sponsor me. No luck though.

Good luck Dia! I hope your walk goes well. Ours is on October 4th too.

Est
Sep 20th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Roxy I don't think I saw your thread... what's the link to your sponsorship page?

Roxy
Sep 20th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I'll PM it to you :) Posting my link means putting my full name up on the forum and I'm not sure about that.

DiaShel
Sep 21st, 2009, 12:15 AM
Ah! I didn't even realize! Oh well.

DiaShel
Oct 14th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I raised over $200 for the farm! Big thanks to RubyDuby and Est! :thumbsup::D

sparklingsights
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Wow, congrats, that's really awesome. :)
I wish I had seen this sooner (uh, pre-walk!) though. Is it still possible to donate to the link you provided or is it possible to donate through their own site?

DiaShel
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM
^ You still can donate. I just did because my grandma sent a check.

Est
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:42 PM
That's great Dia, well done! Wonder how Roxy's walk was? :)

DiaShel
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
It was amazing, 600 walkers!! I had so much vegan pride.

sparklingsights
Oct 14th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I checked out the Farm Sanctuary website after I saw this post. I didn't realize it was an organization, I thought it was just one place! I saw a documentary in University that spotlit Farm Sanctuary (it was called Peaceable Kingdom) and that was actually what made me go vegan in the first place.

I checked out the site for the Walk as well... I would've thought they were only in the US but there were a bunch set up for Ontario cities as well...! I missed the one nearby, but I'm hoping to partake next year!! I'm actually really excited about it. :)

RubyDuby
Oct 14th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sounds like it was fun Dia. :) glad you got it to work, Est!