PDA

View Full Version : Spicy Nacho Chreese Dip

scarlet begonias
Sep 26th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Has anyone tried this product before? I dawdled in an aisle at David's Natural Market today for close to ten minutes having a careful deliberation between my stomach and brain. We set it back on the shelf, sighed, and then came straight home to settle this major conundrum via the veganforum. Input is kindly appreciated!

Tigerlily
Sep 26th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I never had it before and I haven't heard of it until now, but I think it's worth a shot. Especially if you liked those shelf-stable cheesy nacho dips from your prevegan days.

Roxy
Sep 27th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I dunno - it sounds gross. Reminds me of spicy cheese whizz or something.

fiamma
Sep 27th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I'm with Roxy on this one. I'd make my own, TBH; try blending passata (kind of pulped tinned tomatoes) with miso and tahini - I think it gives a strong "cheesy" taste and would be perfect for nachos. Add some spice (hot chilli, tabasco or whatever you prefer) and voilą!!!:thumbsup:

Sarah_
Sep 27th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Pssht, I think it sounds awesome.

Then again I've never had a fake cheese I liked.

scarlet begonias
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Forum friends, I'm slightly disappointed that the general feedback steered me away from such a delectably enticing treat! Despite cheese whiz association and all, I bought a jar of this wonderful gunk earlier today and can't seem to stop shoveling spoonfuls down my spicy chreese-filled hatch. I urge you to give this product a try, even you fakecheese haters out there may appreciate it's glory.

Sarah_
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:33 AM
I'm convinced. Hopefully a Whole Foods near me will have it.