PDA

View Full Version : please help - bad company conduct

scott
Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
hello :)

can anyone offer a little advice as my parents are away and i do not know what to do?

i have to keep this thread post short so someone may read it. but, wow ,this case is soooo long and they did some bad things.

I had a large corporation damage my family property near a busy pathway and it remained for many weeks even though I asked them to repair it many times , but they said at the time "we have to wait for conformation from another owner next door to this pathway before it can be complete". that is what i was told at the time. early august.

now many months later the damage remains ( 30 emails or so) ,i also find out hidden on their site, i am entitled to compensation as this pathway was blocked and damaged (i could not get to the rear of my house with my bike for 3 weeks and the mess reamins nearly 3 months later and next doors pipes are not installed) after i asked for compensation as per their service promise and compensation chart . They are now blaming me that i never a allowed them access to fix the damage and it was my fault it remains for so long.

They have however arranged a time with me to fix the damage they left, also they sent me a good will amount in the post as a full and final settlement without my approval and before the damage was repaired and that I might be satisfied. But they have not followed the rules of the compensation chart, they have not owned up to any wrong doing in any correspondence but have appologied. and are now blaming me.

I had an interview with a member of their company and because
i know they were breaking their conduct .lying and contradicting themselves, I had to record the conversation to try and get some evidence for my parents and for me too.

so i have a recording that clearly has this representative stating that we were indeed waiting for the other owners to arrange an appointment, to repair the damage. and that "it shouldn't have happened" that they were very sorry.( this meeting was however, before they blamed me ,as they now say they found out from a team member, i never allowed them access) although they said at the time they were waiting for the other owners to offer access to fix their pipes ( which as still not connected 3 months later) :/ but this house is for sale ( with a sign outside and a phone number).

i also have him saying that they "never contacted the owners/estate agents"

"for 2 months" i said , and he agreed " it should never have happened"

i also have him saying that " it is the other owners fault they were playing us up"

this is the strange bit.

how can it be the other owners fault if they were never even contacted? very strange.he may have ment that after the 2 months they were playing them up, even so 2 months past and they never contatced the estate agents. and are blaming me.

anyhow my parents who deal with these things are away for 6 months, they are now being grandparents enjoying their time, but time is ticking on for this case 3 months nearly ,and this large company are now blaming me.

can anyone suggest what i might do?

thanks for any help :)

vava
Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
hello :)

can anyone offer a little advice as my parents are away and i do not know what to do?

i have to keep this thread post short so someone may read it. but, wow ,this case is soooo long and they did some bad things.

I had a large corporation damage my family property near a busy pathway and it remained for many weeks even though I asked them to repair it many times , but they said at the time "we have to wait for conformation from another owner next door to this pathway before it can be complete". that is what i was told at the time. early august.

now many months later the damage remains ( 30 emails or so) ,i also find out hidden on their site, i am entitled to compensation as this pathway was blocked and damaged (i could not get to the rear of my house with my bike for 3 weeks and the mess reamins nearly 3 months later and next doors pipes are not installed) after i asked for compensation as per their service promise and compensation chart . They are now blaming me that i never a allowed them access to fix the damage and it was my fault it remains for so long.

They have however arranged a time with me to fix the damage they left, also they sent me a good will amount in the post as a full and final settlement without my approval and before the damage was repaired and that I might be satisfied. But they have not followed the rules of the compensation chart, they have not owned up to any wrong doing in any correspondence but have appologied. and are now blaming me.

I had an interview with a member of their company and because
i know they were breaking their conduct .lying and contradicting themselves, I had to record the conversation to try and get some evidence for my parents and for me too.

so i have a recording that clearly has this representative stating that we were indeed waiting for the other owners to arrange an appointment, to repair the damage. and that "it shouldn't have happened" that they were very sorry.( this meeting was however, before they blamed me ,as they now say they found out from a team member, i never allowed them access) although they said at the time they were waiting for the other owners to offer access to fix their pipes ( which as still not connected 3 months later) :/ but this house is for sale ( with a sign outside and a phone number).

i also have him saying that they "never contacted the owners/estate agents"

"for 2 months" i said , and he agreed " it should never have happened"

i also have him saying that " it is the other owners fault they were playing us up"

this is the strange bit.

how can it be the other owners fault if they were never even contacted? very strange.he may have ment that after the 2 months they were playing them up, even so 2 months past and they never contatced the estate agents. and are blaming me.

anyhow my parents who deal with these things are away for 6 months, they are now being grandparents enjoying their time, but time is ticking on for this case 3 months nearly ,and this large company are now blaming me.

can anyone suggest what i might do?

thanks for any help :)

get a lawyer involved - immediately

scott
Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Really? oh my god , i have no idea how, would that cost money? my heart almost stoped i'm sick on incapacity benefit , i'm an nervous wreck in heavy confrontations. and have no money. i think i should ring my parents then . But they are being grandparents. i was meant to hold the fort here at home. damn it.

yes maybe your right.

hey, they tried on two occasions to catch me unawares at my property without an appointment against their "codeofconduct"! this company is so big im scared to type here. they may search me out. one rep ,made his way into my rear garden and another banged my windows like police.
(but i have no proof , hence i then recorded the conversation , actually he said that was wrong of them in that interview too.) i asked allot of questions and the rep agreed with me throughout for over 20 minutes.

im ill right now . i get very hyper and then depressed i cant hold a steady pace . but, i did well . i made sure all correspondence after these rude uninvited approaches by representatives went via email so I had records on a web server for proof and for my parents ...i took photos before during and after, i was inspired to make the secret recordings because they were so bad to me.

i think thats all i should say on the web maybe i should delete this today.

i really do not want to mess my parents up now , its not right ! this is probably the very rarest moment they have been truly happy where everything seems right for once. and i cant ruin that.

the last thing i asked this corporation via email (after they blamed me was) ....

"are you calling me a liar? I find this very fascinating "

(i asked for all correspondence via email )
i received a phone call tonight on my mobile, it probably was them. but i was asleep.

citizens advise beuro perhaps?

scott
Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
or a solicitor? to be honest the evidence I have is blatant, i could defend my self if I wasn't so unbalanced with depression etc.. i have been up and down 50 times in this .thread already. (tears and laughter)

i have never had to deal with legalities before, so all I can think is to try an advice beuro ..but i know my dad would say " what did you do that for!!?!? " you should have.....blah blah blah blah. lol:P I have no idea.

vava
Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
solicitors will usually give you the first half hour for free - you need to make a few calls to see the lay of the land but it sounds to me as if they are bullying you and especially if you are feeling ill about it all it is better to get someone else involved that can be impartial and give you some advice. Calling the citizens advice and getting some advice would be a good move too. Best of luck with this - that company sound like gits to me.

Marrers
Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
There might be a free Law Centre nearby where trained solicitors (some give up their time for free) attend drop in sessions and give advice / may write a letter on your behalf. Generally you arrive in 'session' hours, often evenings, and wait to be seen. They would probably have more expertise than a Citizens Advice Bureau.

(eta I'm not sure where you stand legally on recording phonecalls without the other persons permission though.)

Ms_Derious
Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Vava is right, Citizens Advice can help you more than I can
http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Also, Marrers and the free law centre could help... I don't have a URL for them though ;)

I hope you get it sorted, and sorry to hear your health problems. Tough, but remember, whether you are going up or down, you are still moving. X

Marrers
Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
the free law centre could help... I don't have a URL for them though
You should be able to find them in your local phone book.

Ms_Derious
Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Actually, found a link now
http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/

Thanks Marrers, I'd never heard of Law Centres before, so thats helpful for me to know about to :)
http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/misc/11x11progress.gif

scott
Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
wow , thank you everyone.

i think i do need help .and these links are great , I think I shall sleep on it ,as my head is spining with thoughts.

I do have a meeting very soon , they are arriving here to fix my property.
I shouldn't stand in there way to fix the damage as i have waited so long, so I think i have to be here to let them in? although next door can do that.

maybe i should give them one more chance to be honest and then after that i shall take them to court?

what i really feel is that old people , disabled , young families , people who don't have their wits about them or experience are having their houses devalued /damaged. it wasn't just me, it was people both sides of my house and from this you can imagine how many across the country!

they tried so hard for 3 months not to pay me and do a proper job, this is terrible , i have it all emails texts and recordings.

it was a closed circuit recording on my property , not on the telephone. i did check and it is legal. whether it can be used in court? i am unsure. i think i can ...because if a thief robs a bank on cctv: that is used. if someone records a person breaking into their house on camcorder or cctv: that can be used also perhaps?

Lucky i thought to do this. again otherwise ,how would I fight back?! So many people must have been screwed by this company.

thanks again for your time!

blessings.

vava
Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
you have probably done this already but make sure you take photos from every angle of the damage so that if they do a poor job you have comparison photos of the before and after

scott
Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
thanks, yes i shall do that !! you remind me to take shots of the for sale sign too. peace!! :P

emzy1985
Oct 3rd, 2009, 08:59 AM
Scott - citizens advice...straight away!