PDA

View Full Version : Do You Fear Any Animals?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mystic
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:17 AM
I am very scared of snakes and many reptiles and I don't like them. I maintain respect for them as living beings, meaning I would NEVER kill them, or wear their skin or eat them or anything but I really really don't like them. I am the same with sharks and spiders. Do any other vegans have a similar issue with any animals.

Mystic
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Oh and I am also shit-scared of eagles and big birds (not the flightless ones)

Roxy
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:08 AM
I am with you on the whole snake and reptile thing. I know there's probably nothing to be afraid of, but I am afraid of those lizzards like the blue tongue lizzards and the frilly neck lizzards.

Spiders too. Ohhhh it's giving me goose bumps just thinking about them. Where I lived in QLD - we would get these MASSIVE huntsman spiders that would literally make me cry!

Although not generally afraid, I think I would be very afraid if I were in a situation with a wild animal such as a bear, cougar or something else.

kriz
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:05 AM
I'm afraid of bumping into a mountain lion while hiking!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

assilembob
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Large dogs....actually almost any dog I don't know.
I freak out.
My mom said I was bitten as a child and haven't been able to be around dogs ever since.
Guess that's why I am such a cat person :D

And I love snakes, spiders, and large birds. But I am scared of a lil blood hound?!?!
Man I need a psychologist...I gots issues :D

~Mel

Gorilla
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:44 AM
i love snakes and reptiles, but i guess if i lived in a part of the world where poisonous snakes roamed free, that'd be pretty scary. :eek: the spiders we get here aren't poisonous but they give me the creeps a little bit (i never kill them intentionally though), so again poisonous ones would frighten me. i don't fear creepy-crawlies exactly but i don't like getting near them.

i suppose we're kind of lucky in the UK that there aren't many dangerous wild animals LOL :)

tails4wagging
Jan 10th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Could'nt say I love snakes, well there not cuddly are they?.
Was terrified once of wasps but I tolerate them now. If I was driving and a wasp is in the car, then I would have to stop and get it out.

feline01
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:25 PM
I hate centipedes. They make me cringe. Still wouldn't kill one though. Also hate earthworms. Ugh.

cast_the_flames
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM
nematodes and flatworms! they absolutely terrify me. unfortunately, they are literally everywhere.

Left of Centre
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Not sure I'm actually afraid of anything that I've encountered, but spiders and certain squishy bugs give me the creeps. As with others on here, I'd never kill anything simply because I didn't like it or was scared of it.
There are creatures that I've never come across that would probably terrify me in their natural habitat - wild rhino or baboons for example, but in general, I'm not 'scared' of them.

snivelingchild
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Hate roaches. That's about it.

John
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I'm afraid of ticks. They carry such nasty diseases. Also, whenever I'm in the woods and deers go bounding past, for a split second I think that they are large feral dogs. :eek:

Mystic
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:04 AM
I HATE mosquitos and flies - this summer we have had sooooooooooooooo many flies. I wish they would stop having sex! And in Fiji, I got bitten by so many mosquitos. My boyfriend got none. And they all turned into these nasty infections.

trudatman
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Bees.

Vora
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:23 PM
SPIDERS !!!!!
I absolutely HATE spiders ! They're terrifying and disgusting me, Yuck !
And mosquitos are bothering me too (plus, when I was younger I contracted a disease (fortunately benignů) because of these f*cking bloodsuckers ! >_< )

paradoxsund
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:30 AM
I don't fancy large flying insects

Veggie4Life139
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:32 AM
Grasshoppers!

gertvegan
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:59 AM
I don't know about fear, but a Cassowary scared the shoot out of me in Oz. :eek:

cedarblue
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
I don't know about fear, but a Cassowary scared the shoot out of me in Oz. :eek:

what on earth is that?? :eek:

eve
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:39 AM
The cassowary is a flightless bird, very large, with strong legs and a heavy body. Rather like an ostrich - did the cassowary chase you cedarblue?

snaffler
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Tony Blair and The Countryside Alliance

Poison Ivy
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:57 AM
The Wicked Witch - sorry, Mrs Blair - is MUCH scarier than her hubby :) though not as scary as the Countryside Alliance tho'!

Geoff
Feb 4th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Cedar - Gert and Eve are taking the p*ss. The cassowary is a mythical beast, a cross between a canary and a dromedary.

chakra
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Man is the most dangerous animal. It's one of these that's most likely to get you.

feline01
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Man is the most dangerous animal. It's one of these that's most likely to get you.
Can't argue with you there, we're a dangerous lot :( . Scary too.