PDA

View Full Version : The Kind Diet

Kitteh
Oct 15th, 2009, 03:26 AM
The Kind Diet (http://www.amazon.com/Kind-Diet-Simple-Feeling-Losing/dp/1605296449) is Alicia Silverstone's new book!

It includes recipes as well as stages for people that are considering going vegan, people already vegan and macrobiotics.

I have already ordered this, I'm just waiting on my copy to arrive! :D I think Alicia is a positive and passionate person and a fantastic role model for people who want to go vegan.

BlackCats
Oct 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I read about this book on Veggieboards, it sounds good.:thumbsup:

Ms_Derious
Oct 15th, 2009, 10:01 AM
It's a shame that its being marketed as a weightloss thing though :(

pusskins
Oct 15th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for posting this, Kitteh! I wasn't aware of her bringing a book out. This has been popped on to my wish-list :)

I feel the same, but if it gets people to read the book and make positive changes, then all the better. From what I've read on here and other places, as with a lot of other people, reading Skinny Bitch was the final push I needed. Maybe this book will be for others?

veganwitch
Oct 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info Kitteh. *off to amazon to check it out*
I've always liked Alicia Silverstone. I remember reading how she always takes her own soap to hotels b/c the ones there are probably tested on animals.

Kitteh
Oct 27th, 2009, 02:20 AM

I think the word 'diet' in the title is misleading. It's not really a weight loss book but it is focused on the health benefits of being vegan and macrobiotic.

SamSarah98
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:32 AM
My husband and I bought this book over the weekend. So far so good (I've only gotten about 15 pages read though). I skipped ahead to the recipes and they are great! I can't wait to get in the kitchen with a few of them :)
I do wish the book focused a little less on the weight loss part and didn't use the word "diet" so much. However, Skinny Bitch used this approach too and seemed to do well.
I'll post again after using one of Alicia's recipes :)
~Sarah

Clare
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for posting this, Kitteh! I wasn't aware of her bringing a book out. This has been popped on to my wish-list :)

I feel the same, but if it gets people to read the book and make positive changes, then all the better. From what I've read on here and other places, as with a lot of other people, reading Skinny Bitch was the final push I needed. Maybe this book will be for others?

I could not agree more Skinny Bitch is a defo way to convert people those with a heart anyway.

Owlish
Feb 7th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I liked the book. I'm working on the Superhero/macrobiotic bits at the moment. :D