PDA

View Full Version : Trust

Terra'dantes
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM
How do I make the shift from non-vegan to vegan, if I so choose? I shouldn't just DROP all the animal foods--maybe stop eating meat, then stop eating chiken, then fish, then dairy. I think a gradual shift is healthier, because a sudden shift like that isn't healthy.

Korn
Dec 6th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hi!

Being vegan for a short while isn't of much help you or anyone, so I suggest that you concentrate on making and finding food/meals that you find at least as tasty as the food you eat now. Human behavior is often a lot more influenced by our feelings; by our body and senses that what we happen to think, so make sure you learn to find or make good you really enjoy as soon as possible. This way, it will be easy to remain vegan for more than a few months, because there aren't really reasons to eat or use animal products: the animals don't want to be eaten/exploited, humans don't need to harm them, and most of us don't want to harm them anyway!

sarah_s1
Feb 19th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I jumped straight into a vegan diet a couple of weeks ago and am feeling the effects, definitely ease yourself in slowly!

Sarah_
Nov 28th, 2010, 01:43 AM
maybe stop eating meat, then stop eating chiken, then fish, then dairy.

Child in case you've forgotten, chicken and fish are still MEAT. Either way, a lot of things are accidentally vegan anyways so unless your diet is based solely on meat and dairy and nothing else I should think your body would be fine with it. Just make sure to supplement the lack of meat and dairy with proper foods. You can't be healthy when you go vegan by simply cutting out the meat and eating side dishes and such. it's got to be balanced.

sandra
Nov 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
How do I make the shift from non-vegan to vegan, if I so choose? I shouldn't just DROP all the animal foods--maybe stop eating meat, then stop eating chiken, then fish, then dairy. I think a gradual shift is healthier, because a sudden shift like that isn't healthy.

Hi Terra'dantes, as eating meat/dairy etc isn't healthy anyway I think you would be doing yourself a favour by stopping them completely. Yes, your body might take a week or so to adapt to a diet rich in healthy vegetables/fruit/pulses/grains etc but once the adjustment has taken place you will indeed be healthier! I wish you all the best in your transition to a vegan lifestyle and of course we are all here to offer any help or advice you might want. :)

p.s. I've just noticed this is an old thread............Sarah's post fulled me into thinking it was recent! :D
Now, I'm curious as to how Terra'dantes progressed! :)

p.p.s I can't even send him a pm as he doesn't want to receive any............oh, dear me and my curiosity! :rolleyes: :)

TXvegan
Dec 9th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I would say do it in whatever way will work for you to stay vegan.

Back-Space
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Lol, isn't that annoying Sandra? 1 post and doesn't return... Did he stick with the diet or what? Just leaves us hanging :p

Korn
Dec 10th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I can't even send him a pm as he doesn't want to receive any
That's probably a standard phrase the software uses both for members who have disabled private messaging and not-yet-vegan accounts, which have no PM abilities...

sandra
Dec 10th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Lol, isn't that annoying Sandra? 1 post and doesn't return... Did he stick with the diet or what? Just leaves us hanging :p

I know Back-Space............it drives me mad! :D I am either a very curious person or just downright nosey! :o :)

That's probably a standard phrase the software uses both for members who have disabled private messaging and not-yet-vegan accounts, which have no PM abilities...

I see Korn. :) Whoever she was I'll never know what happened in the end! :cry:

P.S. She had such a great username too! :)

Back-Space
Dec 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
And Sarah said she had been vegan for a couple of weeks. Maybe they gave up on it? :( You'd think they'd return to ask a question here or there.

Back-Space
Dec 10th, 2010, 09:50 PM
"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting."

I'm still not trusted enough to post? :pissed: Lol :p