PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to change your clocks!

sparklingsights
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
North Americans will be changing their clocks this Sunday... spring ahead, fall back - hurray for an extra hour of sleep!

Don't forget, because if you have to be anywhere the next morning you don't want to wind up showing up an hour late! :D

veganwitch
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Don't forget, because if you have to be anywhere the next morning you don't want to wind up showing up an hour late! :D

No chance of that. I don't go anywhere in the morning, problem fixed :p
I always leave the kitchen clock an hour fast b/c it's nice to look at it and then realize it's an hour earlier. Yes, I'm odd. :o

missbettie
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:34 PM
^ lol I like that one. :)

veganwitch
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM
:D

beanstew
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:55 PM
That thread title totally confused me for a minute. We put out clocks back last week. :)

RubyDuby
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Of course, I don't work Monday so don't get to enjoy the extra sleep. :rolleyes:

veganwitch
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
My computer must be on UK time, b/c it's been an hour behind all week.

missbettie
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
i hate time changes. can't we just freaking decide and the let the time be what it is? jeeze.

DiaShel
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:05 AM
^ Me too. I get depressed when I leave work and it's dark. Why do they do that!?

sparklingsights
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
That thread title totally confused me for a minute. We put out clocks back last week. :)
Haha, that's why I posted it in the North America subforum - I was trying to avoid confusing the UKers!

RubyDuby
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
did anybody show up late anywhere?

sparklingsights
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
As if they would admit it if they did! :D
Honestly though, I didn't have anywhere to be... I was actually able to sleep in and then went to run some errands. Forgot to change the clock in my car so I was pleasantly surprised that when I got home and thought it was nearly 4 it was only nearly 3; extra unexpected time at home before heading back up North for the week!

missbettie
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
wouldn't you actually arrive somewhere early?

sparklingsights
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
wouldn't you actually arrive somewhere early?

If you were supposed to meet someone at 9am but didn't change the time, your friend would would arrive at the NEW 9am (your current 8am), and you wouldn't show up until your 9am, the wrong one, their (new) 10am.

That makes sense.. right? Trying to figure that out always confuses me.

veganwitch
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
All I know is all the clocks in my house (except the alarm clock by my husband's side of the bed) are an hour fast. My little world makes sense.

cobweb
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
no, if you didn't change your clocks, and you were meeting a friend at 9a.m, then you would turn up at the new time of 8a.m and be an hour early.

missbettie
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
^ thought so.

cobweb
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:28 PM
*high five missb*

missbettie
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
*some complicated hand shake that i'm never able to do properly.*

oh ya...we rock.

mariana
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
no, if you didn't change your clocks, and you were meeting a friend at 9a.m, then you would turn up at the new time of 8a.m and be an hour early.
Correct. And I know....because I almost did this! (Stupid early Sunday morning meetings to work on presentations!)

sparklingsights
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
Oh well I'm glad you guys can figure it out because for some reason I still cannot wrap my brain around it, hahaha.

RubyDuby
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
how could we get an hour extra sleep AND arrive early??? no way.

sparklingsights
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
^ lol Ruby, I don't get it at all either but I'm giving up.

cobweb
Nov 3rd, 2009, 07:27 AM
how could we get an hour extra sleep AND arrive early??? no way.

:D you couldn't, you could either have an extra hour of sleep, or arrive early, not both :p

sparklingsights
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
^ Ah-HA! Solved!
So since we got an extra hour of sleep, that solves the late/early confusion. Late!