PDA

View Full Version : Raw vegan journey

Pages : 1 [2]

Est
Nov 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hemlock, just wanted you to know that reading this thread inspired me to increase the raw in my diet again. I was feeling awful from eating too much food, and too many carbs in particular, so decided to copy you :p

Raw brekkies and a mostly raw lunch, plus a small cooked dinner, since last Saturday and I'm feeling fantastic. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Might up the raw at some point so will keep checking here and other raw threads for ideas :)

cedarblue
Nov 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
that's the path i'm on at the moment too, est! :D

Est
Nov 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
cedar I'm so happy at the moment! It's like the fewer carbs I eat, the more I can resist them.

In Pizza Express last night with friends as a treat, before I would have had noci, dough balls and a pizza. This time I just had the pizza, and that was all I wanted. It was great to finish the meal and still feel like there was some space! My friends were moaning about how full they were and how sick they felt, and for once I didn't!

I also managed to go round my local co-op the other day and just put in shampoo and soya milk - before, I wouldn't have been able to resist adding in crumpets and crisps. Will power has returned!!!

How are you finding it? :)

cedarblue
Nov 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
if i just have some pasta for a meal and stop eating when i'm just under full then i'm fine - if i also have some garlic bread with it - it's waaaay too much. it's all about will power for me! i'm trying to have oatcakes & rice cakes at lunchtime instead of a bread roll, toast or pitta, that kind of thing.

hullabaloo
Nov 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
It's great that going raw is doing so well for your Hemlock :)

cedar I'm so happy at the moment! It's like the fewer carbs I eat, the more I can resist them.

In Pizza Express last night with friends as a treat, before I would have had noci, dough balls and a pizza. This time I just had the pizza, and that was all I wanted. It was great to finish the meal and still feel like there was some space! My friends were moaning about how full they were and how sick they felt, and for once I didn't!

I also managed to go round my local co-op the other day and just put in shampoo and soya milk - before, I wouldn't have been able to resist adding in crumpets and crisps. Will power has returned!!!

How are you finding it? :)

Totally O/T, sorry, but they do vegan crumpets in co-op!? I've been having cravings for them since I keep seeing them on a tv advert.

Est
Nov 22nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Warburtons crumpets are vegan (sold in my local co-op) and so are Sainsburys own brand (but they taste rank compared to Warburtons in my opinion!)

'ere, stop making me think about carbs! ;)

cedarblue
Nov 23rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
yes, poor hemlock, this isn't very constructive for her is it? maybe we should get back on the raw topic haha! :D

JC
Nov 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Any updates Hemlock?? I'm dying to know what happens next! Thanks to you, i too am trying to up my intake of raw, and doing 1/2 salad + 1/2 cooked for my meals, but it's pretty hard with breakfast at the moment as i'm in France and living sans-blender. So smoothies are out. Also, fruit on an empty stomach kinda gives me stomach cramps. But what else can you eat as a raw breakfast?

sandra
Dec 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Sandra - 7 stone 2......you must be only three foot tall! :)

Poor Hemlock hasn't made a post since this one where she thought I'd said I was 7st 2lb instead of 7st 12lbs. She must still be in a state of shock! :eek: :D

I have been having fruit every morning for breakfast and eating raw food up until around 5 oclock each day. I do feel better for it, even though I have a cold at the minute. :)

harpy
Dec 1st, 2009, 04:09 PM
But what else can you eat as a raw breakfast?

I often have salad-type for breakfast - sprouted seeds, cucumber, tomato, celery, whatever's going - as well as fruit. People seem to think that's peculiar but it seems to be normal in some countries, such as Turkey and possibly parts of Spain?

I do have bread as well but then I'm not making any claims about raw-ness :D

Gwydion
Dec 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hemlock hasn't made a post since....(09/11)Conclusive proof - a raw diet kills you :eek:

(Sorry, hope you are doing ok Hemlock)