PDA

View Full Version : Which companies to boycott and why?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Soibeing
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I stopped purchasing Toms of Maine products ever since they were bought off by Colgate. I don't want my money going to Colgate. Big Corporations like Colgate are always acquiring niche companies like Toms of Maine, which makes it difficult to keep track of which companies I can support.

Corvus
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Though I'd throw in my list too. I avoid most if not all of the companies that have been mentioned so far and these too. I don't think they have already been listed but maybe I missed some:

Diageo (Gordon's gin, Bailey's)
Routine animal experiments

LG Electronics
animal experiments

BASF
animal experiments

ICI-Dulux
animal experiments

Fedex - Couriers to HLS

SC Johnson (glade, Mr Muscle, Toilet Duck)
animal experiments

Reckitt Benckiser/Reckitt and Coleman - (Clearasil, Dettol, Mr Sheen)
animal experiments

PZ Cussons (Original Source, Imperial Leather)
animal experiments

Vodafone (Financial support to Oxford Uni Neuroscience Laboratories although I don't know if this was withdrawn or not. Anyone else?)

Johnson and JOhnson
animal experiments

Smith and Nephew
animal experiments

Braun/Gillette/Iams/Eukanuba/Clairol/Oral B (under P&g)
b*stards

Beiersdorf (Nivea)
animal experiments

Pfizer(HLS customers)

Novartis (HLS Customers)

AstraZeneca Neurosience (HLS Customers)

I think I might be a bit of a closet anit-vivsectionist you know :D

crazy_4_veg
Jul 30th, 2008, 12:49 AM
When it comes to P&G it isn't just their abuse with animals that is shocking which it really is. It is also how they treat their staff. I have seen with my own eyes how horrible they are. If lines are not seen as productive by the supervisers and highers they push the employees to work harder even if they are PREGNANT and are going to be on their feet for 8hrs as they don't provide seats for anyone :eek:. The factories are soo hot that people become ill with heat exaustion, throw up and have to wait to the end of shift to go home (as they are that ill they can not carry on working) unless they can find a way out before hand but not likely :mad:. They try and make people work a very early shift (say 6am start) right after a night shift (lets say 10pm finish) which is ILLIGEL in England (I do not know about anywhere else) and some people who need the money that badly cave in and do both shifts leaving them with very little sleep and not legally covered by the insurence at the place due to health and safty laws :mad::eek:. I doubt the company would take full responsibility for an accident that happens to one of these poor people :(.
This is common practice I'm sure in this company and very likely with others on the lists people have made.
I feel for the animals they experiment on so much. We do also need to remember that humans in these companies are treated nearly as bad.
For humans and animals everywhere these companies need to be BOYCOTTED!!!!

pavotrouge
Aug 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Beiersdorf have been proclaiming that they're not doing any more animal testing for about 10 years in Germany for now. I'm aware their products are not vegan, but testing-free as far as I know.

Maisiepaisie
Aug 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
PZ Cussons (Original Source, Imperial Leather)
animal experimentsOriginal Source are approved by the vegan society. So do Cussons test their other products but not Original source?

rianaelf
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!
Not original source :eek:
I love their stuff and have lots of it in my bathroom ^cries^

Mahk
Aug 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Fedex - Couriers to HLS
What about the companies that provide HLS with:

their electricity?
their telephone service?
their internet provider?
their water?
garbage/trash collection?

Wouldn't they all be just as bad? Sorry, this seems a bit silly to me to boycott a delivery/courier company because they do business at a place we don't like.