PDA

View Full Version : Jokerz bars

Pages : [1] 2

hullabaloo
Nov 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I've been waiting to get my hands on these from the vegan store for aaages. Finally got a couple and my goodness they are yummy!! I also have a twilight bar but haven't tried it yet. Why can't vegan goodies like this be more readily available to buy in shops? You lucky US members have it good!!

veganwitch
Nov 17th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I know we have it good for some things, but I think you UK members have it good for lots of things. Ah, the grass is always greener. At least in my area, we can't get those candy bars in the store. Have to order them as well, which I haven't yet. Is the Jokerz one that is supposed to be a Snickers? I used to love Snickers.

hullabaloo
Nov 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Yes it is supposed to be like a snickers. Not exactly the same, but tasty none-the-less :)

timberly
Nov 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I only had the one that's supposed to be like an almond joy. Sooooo good. Lulas Sweet Apothecary (ice cream shop) sells them in NYC in case anyone cares.

veganwitch
Nov 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Good to know. Not sure when I'll get to NY though.

Marrers
Nov 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I'll be there soon so thanks timberly.

mariana
Nov 19th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Good to know. Not sure when I'll get to NY though.
They're actually from the US and were available there first (are cheaper there as well I believe!). You can buy them off veganessentials.com (that's how I first tried them). :)

Marrers
Nov 19th, 2009, 12:55 AM
$2.39 from there which with their conversion rate today works out at £1.43.
http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=vegane&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=869915187&Count2=787055611&CategoryID=1&Target=products.asp

mariana
Nov 19th, 2009, 01:02 AM
$2.39 from there which with their conversion rate today works out at £1.43.
http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=vegane&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=869915187&Count2=787055611&CategoryID=1&Target=products.asp
So marginally cheaper as they're £1.65 at veganstore.co.uk. Probably doesn't make much difference...unless one orders loads of them! :D

veganwitch
Nov 19th, 2009, 01:52 AM
They're actually from the US and were available there first (are cheaper there as well I believe!). You can buy them off veganessentials.com (that's how I first tried them). :)

Thanks for the tip. I was planning to order from veganessentials soon, so I'll look for the bars.

mariana
Nov 19th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the tip. I was planning to order from veganessentials soon, so I'll look for the bars.
You're welcome. :) I recommend buying all four types and then cutting a small bit off each and making yourself a sampler platter so you can try them all at once and better compare the flavours. For scientific purposes, naturally. ;):)

timberly
Nov 19th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I'll be there soon

oh cool :)

DiaShel
Nov 19th, 2009, 11:59 AM
You're welcome. :) I recommend buying all four types and then cutting a small bit off each and making yourself a sampler platter so you can try them all at once and better compare the flavours. For scientific purposes, naturally. ;):)

I love science!

:lol:

mariana
Nov 19th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I love science!

:lol:
:p
Now if only experiments in high-school were like the candy bar "experiment" I did, I would definitely be studying something science-related now.

hullabaloo
Nov 19th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I've now eaten all my chocolate :( I'm such a chocolate fiend!!

Tofu Monkey
Nov 22nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
The jokerz bars are gorgeous but the Twilight bars are heavenly. I bought 2 of each and they cost me close to £11 so I can't afford to buy them often. Wish you could buy them by the box load,

Marrers
Dec 24th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Lulas Sweet Apothecary (ice cream shop) sells them in NYC
:( They were all sold out except for the mahalo bar when I went in there the other day. (Cost $2.75 :eek:)

loveganism
Dec 29th, 2009, 05:40 PM
My boyf. got me a tonne of vegan choc booty for xmas- twilight, jokerz, mavericks, chocolate eggs, fudge, marhmallow mix, spread etc from veganstore. All of the jokerz were gone within a couple of days and the last twilight went today :(

< sheer greed

timberly
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:25 PM
:( They were all sold out except for the mahalo bar when I went in there the other day. (Cost $2.75 :eek:)

Oh man. I've just read this now but I hope you at least got some ice cream or a shake or something. I think I liked the Mahalo one though, it was like an almond joy right? Did you like that one?

Marrers
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
Yeah, don't worry you must have guessed I'd have had ice cream! The bar was quite nice but we don't have Almond Joy in the UK so I can't give an opinion on how well it compares.

Roxy
Feb 4th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I love these! The one in the red wrapper is my favourite and then the one in the purple wrapper is my second favourite. I don't like the one in the brown wrapper very much.

mariana
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Oh man. I've just read this now but I hope you at least got some ice cream or a shake or something. I think I liked the Mahalo one though, it was like an almond joy right? Did you like that one?
It's meant to be like an almond joy. I really liked it, but wouldn't say it tastes exactly like an almond joy. It tasted less...artificial. :confused: I liked all the bars, but found none of them tasted that much like regular non-vegan candy bars, because the non-vegan ones tend to be made with more artificial and cheaper ingredients, IMO. So the flavours of the vegan bars are less artificial. But I like them, even if they don't taste that much like the candy bars I ate in my pre-vegan days! :D

Firestorm
Feb 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
All of these bars taste great but I have to say that I think the Jokerz and Twilight are the best, the Mahalo are VERY VERY Sweet and the Buchaneer are just the Twilight bars without the Caramel.
If you want to save some money, just buy the Twilight and Jokerz.
I have to admit that they are very expensive but can you put a price on a chocolate heaven?

Kitteh
Feb 17th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I really like these bars, we've just bought some over to Australia. My favourites are most definitely the Jokerz and the Mahalo, soooo good! They taste just like regular candy bars but much better!

Blueberries
Feb 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I haven't tried the new bars yet, I'm waiting for the healthfood shop to read my mind and get them in :rolleyes:. They have those Organica bars though, the ones that are supposed to be like a Bounty bar and a Mars bar. I've only had the nougat one, its really small compared to a Mars bar but good nonetheless. I don't buy them very often though, normally a small bar of Lindt dark chocolate is enough to satisfy my chocolate needs!