PDA

View Full Version : Planning a poll about fav. vegan cheese products. Suggestions, please!

Pages : 1 [2]

veganosie
Feb 1st, 2012, 07:32 PM
wow i really should try some of these - i've tried a few and hated them (especially pure soft cheese spread - made me feel ill for days) but i feel as though i'm missing out!

although i don't miss cheese and the thought of it kind of grosses me out...

VeganAthlete
Feb 1st, 2012, 07:37 PM
I second that. We don't have some of the brands you listed here in the US. :/ I think Daiya, Follow Your Heart and anything Galaxy Nutritional is probably the most commonly used by vegans (in the US).

road2cairo
Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Here in the US, I think Daiya cheddar is pretty good for things like vegan grilled cheese sandwiches; Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella style is great eating straight up or on crackers (FYH melts, but it needs help...) I've tried Mozzarella style Sheese, but I'm not too impressed with it. I've also tried Mozzarella style Cheezly, and I wasn't too fond of that either. It was OK, but not great.

Speaking of vegan cheese, has anyone ever heard of "
T. Kroon & Fils" from Holland? It claims it's vegan and the ingredients check out, but my friends and I are skeptical...it is TOO much like real dairy cheese to be vegan...

Chick-pea
Oct 20th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'm new to being a vegan. Can you recommend the nicest vegan cheeses.

Jara
May 28th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I've found a brand called Violife. It is absolutly delicious!!! The best I've tried, normally I didn't enjoy the others... sometimes Vegusto, but not as good as this one, I really recommend to taste it. And it is soya, palm oil and gluten free!!!

http://www.violife.gr/

Risker
May 28th, 2014, 06:34 PM
And it is soya, palm oil and gluten free!!!

But those are all the best bits!!!