PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Vitamins for Toddlers

katiep
Dec 30th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Hi,
I'm new here and a new Vegan, along with my husband and 2 1/2 daughter. I have ten million questions in general and I'm sure I'll ask them all here!

I am concerned with being so new to this that my daughter is going to be lacking in vitamins as she is a picky eater and was such a dairy junkie. I really want to get her some multi vitamins along with a calcium supplement. Does anyone have any suggestions if what brands to look for?

Thank you so much!:)

xrodolfox
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:45 AM
I live in the US, and have two kids.

I don't know the brand; but Whole Foods (whole paycheck) has some vegan kids multi-vitamins. Some co-ops have some too. You just have to ask and look around. You might pay a premium at first, specially since some kids don't like all the brands/textures, and a specific one much work best. Vitamin b12 is really key, as is vitamin d2 (not d3, as it is rarely vegan).

What we did was to try several brands, but when we found one that we liked, we ordered some in bulk from the cheapest vendor, and saved a lot of money.

There's a lot of vegan kids vitamins out there. They're hard to find at first. Often a store will carry just one or two brands, but all stores tend to carry different brands. Go to four veg*n friendly or natural foods super markets, and you'll have a total of 7 different brands to choose from. Some gummy, some chewy, some with lots of vitamins, and some with lots of fillers.

All I can really suggest is to try them out. I can't tell you what you kid will like. Heck, my kids change what they like every week. Last week they couldn't get enough pasta. This week, they're over pasta and want artichokes (IN THE WINTER!!!). It's nuts.

veganf
Jan 5th, 2010, 12:29 PM
We order Animal Parade off Amazon.com.
They have a fruit flavoured multivitamin, and a vanilla sundae flavour calcium vitamin, both chewables. Our kids love 'em, though I don't really know that they NEED them since they eat well.