PDA

View Full Version : Viva Vegan! Cookbook by Terry Hope Romero

timberly
Feb 5th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I've just caught wind of this and I'M EXCITED:D

She was the co-author with Isa Chandra Moscowitz in Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World and Vegan Cookies Take Over Your Cookie Jar and Veganomicon, but now she is releasing her own cookbook with a nice, short name- Viva Vegan!

I'm excited that it's latin themed and contain empanadas! The potato and kale enchiladas fron Veganomicon were awesome, especially the roasted chili sauce. To be released April 26, 2010!

From Amazon:
Product Description
As coauthor of the phenomenally successful cookbooks Veganomicon and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, Terry Hope Romero has long been one of the most popular vegan chefs around. Now, in her first solo cookbook, Romero opens the world of Latin flavor to vegans and foodies alike. Viva Vegan! expands the palates of anyone looking for a way to add fresh, seasonal ingredients and authentic spice to their meals without relying on animal products. A proud Venezuelan-American, Romero’s enthusiasm for her culture shines through every recipe.
Viva Vegan! covers every aspect of Latin cooking across the Americas: refreshing bebidas (drinks), vibrant ensaladas, hearty empanadas, nourishing stews, and one-dish wonders. Learn the basics—how to make the perfect tamale, salsa to complement any dish, and beans from scratch—plus special treats like flan, churros, and more.

Complete with gorgeous color photos, Viva Vegan! is the ultimate guide to authentic and inspired new Latin cuisine.

fiamma
Feb 5th, 2010, 11:48 PM
That sounds great... but I'm a bit dubious ingredient-wise - I have trouble getting fresh coriander here :rolleyes: But if they're not too obscure, then it sounds like it might be a good buy :)

Although I keep telling myself I won't buy any more cookbooks...